Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:28 AM

Dining Room Decor Tips - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dining Room Decor Tips (599 Views)

Home Decor Ideas / Home Decor: Tips To Take Your Space From Drab To Fab! / Basic Essentials For An Appealing Dining Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dining Room Decor Tips by Justseyii: 5:11pm On Feb 10, 2019
When decorating dining rooms, one of the biggest problems most of us have is our budget. It’s difficult, if not impossible for most of us to purchase a new dining set whenever we want a decorating update. But for just a few dollars, you can update your dining table with paint or stain and fabric in just a weekend, for a whole new decorating look! Check out these easy directions, then do a DIY dining table makeover! (And don’t forget the chairs!)

DIY DINING TABLE MAKEOVERS
Here are the basics of doing a dining table makeover, whether you redo your dining table with paint, chalk paint, or stain. (Or other, more creative options, like in some of these tutorials below!)

Supplies:

Dining table and chairs
Fabric in an updated print and color (If you have upholstered chairs.)
Staple Gun
Sandpaper
Primer
Satin or Gloss paint
Foam brush or good quality paintbrush
Optional: Clear water based polyurethane
Find a place to work where you don’t have to worry about dust, paint drips and a mess. A garage is ideal. If you have to redo your dining set outside, make sure it is not a windy day to prevent your paint job from being ruined by dust and debris.

To redo your dining set inside, place a large drop cloth underneath your dining set, then place small squares of wax paper under table and chair legs so you can paint all the way to the floor.

Step One:

Choose a new fabric to recover your dining seats. Go for a newer, modern print in a cool geometric, or a new trendy color. This update alone will help make your furniture seem fresh and new! If your chairs aren’t upholstered, follow the paint directions below. Consider a different color for the chairs!

Step Two:

Sand and prime dining chairs and table. Let dry 24 hours.

Step Three:

Paint dining table and chairs with your chosen paint, following manufacturers instructions on the can. You will likely need several coats. Let dry 24 hours. Tip: I like to use a mini foam roller on the tabletop itself… it gives a smoother finish without brush marks.

Step Four:

Re-attach chair seats using the same screws or bolts.

Step Five:

If desired, coat with a water based polyurethane to protect the surface. Remember to choose a clear coat in the same finish as your paint… If you used satin paint, use satin poly.

Done! Remember, the key to updating your dining set is to choose fabrics and paint colors that reflect today’s fresher styles. You can update your dining table and chairs on a budget with paint and fabric, and set the tone for your home with a fresh new look.

Need dining and kitchen accessories? Check out our store. Click here. https://www.friendshipstore.club/kitchen

Re: Dining Room Decor Tips by joleneparker: 11:36pm On Jan 01, 2021
Wow, looks so amazing. I've bought a new chair for this New Year and it was a perfect holiday with my family. Recently I found a great site https://nyfurnitureoutlets.com/dining-and-kitchen-furniture/dining-chairs/filter-traditional with stylish, modern, affordable, and also high-quality home furniture made from natural wood. I ordered new chairs from a population company New York Furniture Outlets. In their catalog, you will be able to find everything. There is a wide choice of sofas, beds, cupboards, conference tables and etc. You can call them or choose the furniture you want online without annoying salesman and without wasting your time.
Re: Dining Room Decor Tips by Victor8st: 11:45pm On Jan 01, 2021
Yeah, there are a lot of options to find really luxurious furniture but we aren't all millionaires so some of us can't afford to buy expensive and high-qualitative furniture.

(1) (Reply)

What's The Most Painful Insult You've Ever Received. / Guys And Ladies Sleepover Stories / See The Snake I Killed Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.