Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,971 members, 7,873,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:19 AM

Lets Get It Over; Crack The Mtn Huawei Modem So It Works With Glo Sim? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Lets Get It Over; Crack The Mtn Huawei Modem So It Works With Glo Sim? (7105 Views)

Tips To Unlocking Glo Bolt And Mtn Huawei E303 Usb Modems / New Mtn Huawei Modem Vs New Mtn Zte Hspda Modem:which One Is Better? / To Unlock Mtn Huawei (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Get It Over; Crack The Mtn Huawei Modem So It Works With Glo Sim? by jaysay(m): 2:08am On Aug 23, 2010
guys,

Has anyone been able to crack the MTN huawei modem so that it can
work with glo sim? The mtn zte modem works with glo sim, but the huawei e156g
has refused to work with glo sim.

On the other hand the GLO e156g modem works preety well with all
four gsm carriers in nigeria. Lets see how we can make this work. Apart from
mtn, glo works well too. In addition glo has lunched Always micro. Always micro gives you
150mb data for N1,000, this will be valid for 30days, so, you do not have to be in
a rush to finish it. unlike zain that can slow and gives you only 100mb for N1,000.

Lets crack the mtn ch**.
Re: Lets Get It Over; Crack The Mtn Huawei Modem So It Works With Glo Sim? by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:19am On Aug 24, 2010
there is no cracking!!!

i used to say the same thing till i tried mine one day and it worked.

presently its what i use, E156G

u need your sim to be activated for glo APN, they have many and its crazy but that what it is!!
if its not, it will never connect. e.g until i subscribed for daily plan i could never use the gloflat apn

another thing is you need to have been activated for 3g on glo, its not like mtn where all sims are active already!!

then most importantly, you MUST have at least 50 naira on your sim even if you have subscribed to any plan else it wont connect too grin grin grin grin grin

when you fulfill all the above, test your sim with glo general pay as you go 3g apn which is glosecure, it will definitely connect.

for avoidance of doubt the settings are:

APN: glosecure
username: gprs
password: gprs

APN: gloflat
username: flat
password: flat

APN: glogwap
username: wap
password: wap

U MUST BE ACTIVE FOR ANY APN U WANT TO USE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin

and lest i forget, the modem should be unlocked!!!!! becos i know some mumu will want to use a locked modem to connect
Re: Lets Get It Over; Crack The Mtn Huawei Modem So It Works With Glo Sim? by puskin: 6:45pm On Aug 25, 2010
Na wah for dis Glo sef!!!!!!!!

Alot of conditions just to get their SIM to be connected. . . . mehn. . .im in no mood for any of this their wahala.
Re: Lets Get It Over; Crack The Mtn Huawei Modem So It Works With Glo Sim? by honsule(m): 7:43pm On Aug 25, 2010
@4llerbuntu. Their so called 150mb 24hrs or monthly stuffs works only with "gloflat" APN.If u try using other APN ur money will be zapped.I have tried it myself.I have 6 activated Glo 3G sims presently 2 out of the 6 Sims are activated for gloflat.
Re: Lets Get It Over; Crack The Mtn Huawei Modem So It Works With Glo Sim? by yahoo2(m): 8:25pm On Aug 25, 2010
My modem is a universal one which works with zain and mtn but this glo network tire me o. But my phone connects with my lappy via pc suite sha. Pls help o!
Re: Lets Get It Over; Crack The Mtn Huawei Modem So It Works With Glo Sim? by jaysay(m): 10:01pm On Aug 25, 2010
i knew i was not going to rest until i cracked this mtn modem stuff.
i got it working. the reason it is not working is cos glo network does not see
the modem as a modem, but it sees it as a wireless network or something.

You'll have to go to huawei's wesite, get a firmware that will overwrite the mtn's firmware,
then you'll write a code under, , (i'm still receiving the training), but i saw it working.
Once I am done with my research, am sure I will make it available here.

I yanked open a new mtn modem, that is what I am using to perform this operation.
Lots of trial and error, I won't stop till i get it. Does anyone want to team up with me on this?
mail me, lets work on it together. when we do crack it, we should get paid for the solution.
Re: Lets Get It Over; Crack The Mtn Huawei Modem So It Works With Glo Sim? by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:25am On Aug 27, 2010
^^^^
man i dont know for you o, but i use a E156G i bought from mtn, and it connects glo. all this write code etc, i no sabi for you o.

like i said b4, activate gloflat, use THE RIGHJT DIAL UP SETTINGS and try it, it will connect, as long as the modem is unlocked and sees glo network, it will.

i used to say it didnt connect too, (even didnt enjoy the last glofbt sef, cos i thot my modem no dey work)
i later found i was using the wrong settings all along, try it first
Re: Lets Get It Over; Crack The Mtn Huawei Modem So It Works With Glo Sim? by BankoleO1: 10:44am On Aug 27, 2010
jaysay:

guys,

Has anyone been able to crack the MTN huawei modem so that it can
work with glo sim? The mtn zte modem works with glo sim, but the huawei e156g
has refused to work with glo sim.

On the other hand the GLO e156g modem works preety well with all
four gsm carriers in nigeria. Lets see how we can make this work. Apart from
mtn, glo works well too. In addition glo has lunched Always micro. Always micro gives you
150mb data for N1,000, this will be valid for 30days, so, you do not have to be in
a rush to finish it. unlike zain that can slow and gives you only 100mb for N1,000.

Lets crack the mtn ch**.

Funny post, I have unlocked alot of mtn modems and they all worked with Glo even my Three UK modem works with all Nigeria network sims. I suggest you should check your settings on the modem and also the GLO APN stuff.
Re: Lets Get It Over; Crack The Mtn Huawei Modem So It Works With Glo Sim? by oribi(m): 1:57pm On Oct 19, 2010
well my own mtn fastlink E156G refuse connecting with glo the rest works fine i.e etibaba n zainbaba, when i connect with glo sim show an error message blahh,

(1) (Reply)

How Good Re HOMTOM Products / NCC Grants Glo More Time To Settle With MTN, Suspends Partial Disconnection / Glo Unveils New Pocket-friendly Data Packages.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.