Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,184 members, 7,910,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 10:34 PM

My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work (4350 Views)

Shoot Us- Nigerians Shout As They Clash With Police In Pakistan / “Up NEPA!” Nigerians In Texas Shout (Photo) / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by tiana111(f): 9:06am On Feb 11, 2019
After searching and searching for work in Nigeria, and at the end of the day travel to Dubai in search of work.
When some people tell me that theres nothing much over there , I though it was a lie that maybe they don't want me to progress, now I have seen it with my eyes.
Many nigerians are troping in here day by day to come n work but the job isn't available.
Most agents don't even have work, they just lie to collect the little money people have for them to also survive.
So much racism on blacks here.only Indian, Philippinos , Pakistan,Sri Lanka are preferred for work.
To top it all black girls are been raged as sex items here because that's what most of them indulge themselves into.
When u go to a walk in interview you see so many crowds looking for work.
Its not easy here and there are many Nigerian here searching day by day but nothing yet.

May God help us all.Amen

6 Likes

Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by sonofspada(m): 9:28am On Feb 11, 2019
tiana111:
After searching and searching for work in Nigeria, and at the end of the day travel to Dubai in search of work.
When some people tell me that theres nothing much over there , I though it was a lie that maybe they don't want me to progress, now I have seen it with my eyes.
Many nigerians are troping in here day by day to come n work but the job isn't available.
Most agents don't even have work, they just lie to collect the little money people have for them to also survive.
So much racism on blacks here.only Indian, Philippinos , Pakistan,Sri Lanka are preferred for work.
To top it all black girls are been raged as sex items here because that's what most of them indulge themselves into.
Its not easy here and there are many Nigerian here searching day by day but nothing yet.

May God help us all.Amen
You have a point. I myself arrived 3weeks back on vv and it’s been tough getting a decent job ,
Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by mystery22: 9:37am On Feb 11, 2019
Finding it hard to get a job?are you still in dubai
Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by queengift(f): 3:57pm On Feb 11, 2019
Jobs are very difficult to get everywhere, except for professional, especially the IT and medical profession

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by NONNYG: 4:35pm On Feb 11, 2019
tiana111:

May God help us all.Amen
LAZY YOUTH

My first and second job were through walk in interviews

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 5:02pm On Feb 11, 2019
NONNYG:
LAZY YOUTH
In Owerri?

7 Likes

Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by jookunlaja(m): 6:09pm On Feb 11, 2019
I understand your point. I empathize with you. Just continue your search and God will bless your hustle one day. Believe me sincerely, many people are getting very good jobs in the UAE. In fact, I met about four people in Abuja before coming to Dubai myself. These people got work right from Nigeria before ever stepping foot on the humid soil of Dubai. The jobs may be scarce but they are surely there. Racism is in Dubai yet blacks are still getting work daily. In fact, I met an Igbo guy today that demanded for a fee of N100,000 to take me to his Aluminium company in Al Qusais. The pay is N125,000 per month while with overtime you can get up to N200,000 and you get free 10 dirham for working OT aside from the OT payment.

The jobs may be scarce but with what I am seeing daily, the jobs ar still very much available here and there. Just continue your hustle with prayers to Baba God in heaen and very soon he will surely butter your bread. It pained my heart that NAIRALAND brought down my initial enlightenment on UAE visit/ Tourist immigration for work.
I absolutely meant no harm what soever. It was just an avenue to educate thousands of Nigerians trooping here daily and eventually very few get gainful jobs. NAIRALAND admins. deprived many of the educative write-up which is meant to prepare the minds of Nigerians that all that shine is not gold. Yes, that's the case of Dubai, ALL THAT GLITTER IS NOT GOLD.

Instead, I enjoined Nigerians in the write up that was wiped off to seek alternative in Western countries like European countries, Canada etc. Unskilled works are readily available in these countries than in Dubai.
Make every effort to travel to places where you can get work easily or even do more than one work per day. Than come to UAE where the jobs are really scarce.

I beg Nigerians to do everything possible to go to places like that than come and swell the number of job hunters in the UAE.

A word they say is enough for the wise. You can ask any UAE question here and I will supply answers to the best of my knowledge. I must refrain from giving my contact here so that NAIRALAND moderators wont wipe it off in the name of fraudster. While my honest intention is to help Nigerians from a completely pure heart.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by jesmond3945: 7:33pm On Feb 11, 2019
jookunlaja:
I understand your point. I empathize with you. Just continue your search and God will bless your hustle one day. Believe me sincerely, many people are getting very good jobs in the UAE. In fact, I met about four people in Abuja before coming to Dubai myself. These people got work right from Nigeria before ever stepping foot on the humid soil of Dubai. The jobs may be scarce but they are surely there. Racism is in Dubai yet blacks are still getting work daily. In fact, I met an Igbo guy today that demanded for a fee of N100,000 to take me to his Aluminium company in Al Qusais. The pay is N125,000 per month while with overtime you can get up to N200,000 and you get free 10 dirham for working OT aside from the OT payment.

The jobs may be scarce but with what I am seeing daily, the jobs ar still very much available here and there. Just continue your hustle with prayers to Baba God in heaen and very soon he will surely butter your bread. It pained my heart that NAIRALAND brought down my initial enlightenment on UAE visit/ Tourist immigration for work.
I absolutely meant no harm what soever. It was just an avenue to educate thousands of Nigerians trooping here daily and eventually very few get gainful jobs. NAIRALAND admins. deprived many of the educative write-up which is meant to prepare the minds of Nigerians that all that shine is not gold. Yes, that's the case of Dubai, ALL THAT GLITTER IS NOT GOLD.

Instead, I enjoined Nigerians in the write up that was wiped off to seek alternative in Western countries like European countries, Canada etc. Unskilled works are readily available in these countries than in Dubai.
Make every effort to travel to places where you can get work easily or even do more than one work per day. Than come to UAE where the jobs are really scarce.

I beg Nigerians to do everything possible to go to places like that than come and swell the number of job hunters in the UAE.

A word they say is enough for the wise. You can ask any UAE question here and I will supply answers to the best of my knowledge. I must refrain from giving my contact here so that NAIRALAND moderators wont wipe it off in the name of fraudster. While my honest intention is to help Nigerians from a completely pure heart.
that igbo man na scammer why would an owner of aluminium company demand 100k from you to show you his business complex?

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by stagger: 8:19pm On Feb 11, 2019
sonofspada:

You have a point. I myself arrived 3weeks back on vv and it’s been tough getting a decent job ,

You want to get a job on a visitor's visa. You will search until the year 22000AD.

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by charles2468(m): 6:41am On Feb 12, 2019
NONNYG:
LAZY YOUTH

Nonny G, I no fancy u d lazy youth u called this fellow, u no she is still new here, kindly tell her things to be done, to set up n get jobs ok

5 Likes

Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by tiana111(f): 11:52am On Feb 12, 2019
NONNYG:
LAZY YOUTH

In what year?
Its just God grace
Cause you are lucky.
Cancel and search and see what is happening.at least u have uae experience that doesn't mean someone is lazy.
Can u imagine!

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by tiana111(f): 11:53am On Feb 12, 2019
stagger:

You want to get a job on a visitor's visa. You will search until the year 22000AD.
So are you saying its best searching on resident visa instead
Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by tiana111(f): 11:54am On Feb 12, 2019
mystery22:
Finding it hard to get a job?are you still in dubai

Yes o
Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by tiana111(f): 11:59am On Feb 12, 2019
jookunlaja:

Thank you very much .
God will bless you too.its really not easy .especially for females who are cultured not to useless themselves.
May God bless our hustle.
Please in case of any job info o

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by tiana111(f): 11:59am On Feb 12, 2019
jesmond3945:
that igbo man na scammer why would an owner of aluminium company demand 100k from you to show you his business complex?

That's how people are here o.our own black people sef.
Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by NONNYG: 7:34pm On Feb 12, 2019
charles2468:

Nonny G, I no fancy u d lazy youth u called this fellow, u no she is still new here, kindly tell her things to be done, to set up n get jobs ok
i apologize for using such word, I got angry when I saw where she wrote about African girls engaging in prostitution, all nationalities does that, most of the top class prostitutes are not even Africans, probably she do see Africa ladies walking around deira, like I always say, walk-in interview is the easiest way to get a job here.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by NONNYG: 7:52pm On Feb 12, 2019
tiana111:

In what year?
Its just God grace
Cause you are lucky.
Cancel and search and see what is happening.at least u have uae experience that doesn't mean someone is lazy.
Can u imagine!
I’m sorry for calling you lazy Nigerian. People tend to make huge mistake when they come to UAE, especially when you associate with people that will make you lose hope about getting a job, i came with 3 months visa, which means I never had UAE experience before landing the first job through walk in interview during Ramadan.

1. You need to make several CVs both for menial jobs and professional job (if you have the experience in Nigeria)

2. Focus on low paid jobs (just to secure ur residency)

3. Go for walk-in interview ( check www.dubaivacancy.ae )

4. Marry indeed & dubizzle

5. Submit ur cvs to offices

6. Check for companies website on yellow page, search for their official email & forward ur cv

7. Also go to their career page and register

8. Don’t focus on one job

9. Tell people you meet in the metro stations, malls etc... help can come from anywhere

10. Say NO to job agents

Do this everyday, you will get a job

Should Incase you didn’t find a job (not my prayer) pls DO NOT over stay your visa, go for visa change or return back to 9ja & try any other country

I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by ifyalways(f): 7:54pm On Feb 12, 2019
Stay in Nigeria and look for job, no. Everybody wants to go to dubai.

How many NIGERIANS without UAE experience are even entertained in walk-in interviews now?

Anyway, as at January , there's a MAC shop in festival city mall. The manager is a Yoruba lady ( she fit claim Kenya or Uganda) and she mentioned to me they were looking for make up artists. She's on the big side, dark complexion. If you sabi do make up , u can go try your luck.

PS: she might as well be patronizing me because i questioned her after my purchase why she is working with lots of Philippines and no Nigerian. She claimed they will employ Nigerians if they apply but then, I don't know. You can give it a try if you want.

7 Likes

Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by Mizwisdom(f): 7:55pm On Feb 12, 2019
OP, from what I've heard it's very difficult for ladies to get a job in UAE. Don't force yourself, if you can't get one, move to another country or return home.
Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by tiana111(f): 6:36am On Feb 13, 2019
NONNYG:
I’m sorry for calling you lazy Nigerian. People tend to make huge mistake when they come to UAE, especially when you associate with people that will make you lose hope about getting a job, i came with 3 months visa, which means I never had UAE experience before landing the first job through walk in interview during Ramadan.

1. You need to make several CVs both for menial jobs and professional job (if you have the experience in Nigeria)

2. Focus on low paid jobs (just to secure ur residency)

3. Go for walk-in interview ( check www.dubaivacancy.ae )

4. Marry indeed & dubizzle

5. Submit ur cvs to offices

6. Check for companies website on yellow page, search for their official email & forward ur cv

7. Also go to their career page and register

8. Don’t focus on one job

9. Tell people you meet in the metro stations, malls etc... help can come from anywhere

10. Say NO to job agents

Do this everyday, you will get a job

Should Incase you didn’t find a job (not my prayer) pls DO NOT over stay your visa, go for visa change or return back to 9ja & try any other country

I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

Thanks
Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by jookunlaja(m): 7:46am On Feb 13, 2019
Good jobs are still available despite the dearth of jobs in UAE. Even despite the rancour of racism in UAE many are still getting gainful employment. I honestly think that the corrupt activity of greedy agents is adversely contributing to the problem on ground. A Security Company was rounded up this week in Dubai after someone said they had swindled about 400 job seekers.
I have been seing low paying jobs like N80,000 to N100,000 with no food or over-time but ... .

Hold on, my lady and you will soon get your own portion in the name of Jesus.
Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by cutieme(m): 10:35am On Feb 13, 2019
jookunlaja:
Good jobs are still available despite the dearth of jobs in UAE. Even despite the rancour of racism in UAE many are still getting gainful employment. I honestly think that the corrupt activity of greedy agents is adversely contributing to the problem on ground. A Security Company was rounded up this week in Dubai after someone said they had swindled about 400 job seekers.
I have been seing low paying jobs like N80,000 to N100,000 with no food or over-time but ... .

Hold on, my lady and you will soon get your own portion in the name of Jesus.
80k job in UAE?Na wahoo but they give accommodation right?
Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by german89(m): 1:27pm On Feb 13, 2019
My Ppl, Nonny G and Good ppl of these Forum, plz u guys should help me and reason these matter. An agent asked me to pay 750k for a 2yr Employment visa to Dubai, accommodation and flight ticket is included. So Ladies and Gentle Guys, is there anything like a 2yr employment visa?. First payment 150k then I balance him once its ready. Thanks Guys.
Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 13, 2019
german89:
My Ppl, Nonny G and Good ppl of these Forum, plz u guys should help me and reason these matter. An agent asked me to pay 750k for a 2yr Employment visa to Dubai, accommodation and flight ticket is included. So Ladies and Gentle Guys, is there anything like a 2yr employment visa?. First payment 150k then I balance him once its ready. Thanks Guys.

Pay that 150k and you might never hear from the con artist again.

Why don't they secure you the job and all and you could pay up when you have gotten all papers including employment letter.

Be wise ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by NONNYG: 3:34pm On Feb 13, 2019
german89:
Yes there’s 2 years residence visa but it starts with 2 months employment visa, when you successfully pass medical test, then the company will apply for your 2 years residence permit

Be careful while dealing with any agent, he maybe genuine by getting you the job, he can as well get you 3 months visa in the name of employment visa promising you that someone from the company will come pick you at the airport (I’ve seen so many cases) & the baddest of them all be say visa u no go see, ur money u no go see

My advise is BE CAREFUL

1 Like

Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by Yupng: 5:09pm On Feb 13, 2019
Lies... Stop deceiving people. Am sure you are one of those dubai agents . You call those slavery employment jobs? With peanut salary. Nigerians dont fall for this lies. Arabs hate blacks and are very mean. Stay away from countries like UAE

jookunlaja:

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by 2fine2fast(m): 5:13am On Feb 14, 2019
It's not as bad as you wrote OP. I have lots of jobless guys here that have moved to UAE and are now making ends meet. The truth is that they all paid to get their jobs ranging from 100-200k Naira equivalent in Dirhams.

None of them is rich yet but they not longer broke. Look for the right contacts and you be fine.
And if it is so bad as you claimed, you always have Nigeria to come back to.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by NewAjala(m): 6:46am On Feb 14, 2019
2fine2fast:
It's not as bad as you wrote OP. I have lots of jobless guys here that have moved to UAE and are now making ends meet. The truth is that they all paid to get their jobs ranging from 100-200k Naira equivalent in Dirhams.

None of them is rich yet but they not longer broke. Look for the right contacts and you be fine.
And if it is so bad as you claimed, you always have Nigeria to come back to.

Seconded

2 Likes

Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by german89(m): 11:35am On Feb 14, 2019
[Tnx man...quote author=NONNYG post=75694526]Yes there’s 2 years residence visa but it starts with 2 months employment visa, when you successfully pass medical test, then the company will apply for your 2 years residence permit

Be careful while dealing with any agent, he maybe genuine by getting you the job, he can as well get you 3 months visa in the name of employment visa promising you that someone from the company will come pick you at the airport (I’ve seen so many cases) & the baddest of them all be say visa u no go see, ur money u no go see

My advise is BE CAREFUL [/quote]
Re: My Experience In Uae And A Shout For Help Concerning Work by SkinnyNigga: 1:12pm On Feb 14, 2019
CAn 500k get me to Dubai? flight ticket and all

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hotel Reservation Without Payment Until On Arrival / Nipost Office In Ikotun / South Africa World Cup 'snubbed By Foreign Fans'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.