Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,710 members, 7,889,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:57 AM

North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! (2045 Views)

Don't intimidate us with EFCC,PDP Senators Warn FG / You Can’t Blackmail, Intimidate Us — PDP Tells Buhari / Nobody Can Intimidate Us, Oba Of Lagos Warns AIG Mbu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by wales(m): 5:37am On Aug 23, 2010
Former Minister of Aviation, and member, Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) Board of Trustees, Alabo Tonye Graham-Douglas, has warned that the South-South will not succumb to any intimidation and threats by some old politicians from the North. He alleged that Northern politicians have reportedly been threatening fire and brimstone if PDP fails to ensure that a northerner emerges as the party’s presidential candidate for 2011 general elections.

He told Daily Sun: “The recent utterances from some old politicians from the North are unbecoming of people of their status. They have not only been parochial and narrow-minded over the issue of zoning and 2011 presidential elections, they have also turned the whole thing into a do-or-die affair. These are eminent people who are supposed to be the rallying point for the country’s unity, but their recent utterances leave much to be desired.

“They have been making all sorts of threats by saying that it is either a northern candidate emerges as PDP presidential flag bearer or they will kill the party or cause problem for the country. I’m very disappointed with these elders. Their reckless statements are overheating the polity and they should be told in clear terms that the days of threat and gunboat diplomacy are over. Their threats will never work.”

While insisting that dialogue is the best option to resolve any political issue, Graham-Douglas said the people of the South-South will not fold their arms whenever the interests of the region is threatened: “South-South is the region that produced over 90 per cent of the resources which keep this country. We are ready to protect our resources. We can’t be intimidated.It is surprising that these old politicians could go this far. At their age ,they should be more concerned in promoting and preaching issues that will bind us together as a nation.”

While warning the old politicians against instigating any problem that could throw the nation into crisis, the former minister said all stakeholders in the nation’s polity should refrain from any act that may make the prediction by a team of experts from the United States some time ago that Nigeria might disintegrate in a few years time, to come to pass.
“I believe in the unity of this country. I believe we should all be our brother’s keeper. But no individual or group should think they have the right to lord it over others. Nigeria belongs to all of us.”

The former minister, who insisted that President Goodluck Jonathan has every right to contest 2011 election said steps being taken so far by the president has clearly shown that Nigerians are set to enjoy good governance.

“Since Jonathan assumed duties, if we want to be honest to ourselves, things have changed. Power supply has improved, calm has returned to the restive Niger-Delta region. Security has not only improved but the president has also shown that he was truly committed towards ensuring that we have credible elections next year through the support he has been given Professor Attahiru Jega-led INEC. He deserve our support if he want to run.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/aug/23/national-23-08-2010-001.htm

Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by komando: 10:41am On Aug 23, 2010
Hmm the South South is flexing its muscles.
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by wales(m): 10:43am On Aug 23, 2010
They have to now for it is there turn to show grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by komando: 10:48am On Aug 23, 2010
The two must active powers in Nigeria's political equation at present are the North and the South South. For the fist time both groups are not in alliance. It will be interesting two see how the struggle turns out.
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by excanny: 11:10am On Aug 23, 2010
The evil that men do live after them. Their evil conspiracy with the North is coming back to haunt them. So sad!
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by Beaf: 2:44pm On Aug 23, 2010
It is refreshing to hear this from Graham-Douglas.
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by EzeUche22(m): 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2010
What muscle does the South-South have?

Are we not only talking about the Ijaw who consider the South-South as theirs?
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by Beaf: 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2010
EzeUche22:

Please go to your usual tribalistic threads. What muscle does any group in the South South or South East have aside from the sort of knuckle headedness you regularly display?
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by naso2(m): 3:19pm On Aug 23, 2010
I hope dis AbokiS have strongly considered the prospect of running this country on 500,000 BPD? i NO WAN TALK TOO MUCH
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by seanet02: 3:21pm On Aug 23, 2010
EzeUche22:

THOUGH THEY HAVE NO MUCH MUSCLES, BUT THEY WERE KEY TO FLOPPING

OJUKWUS OVER BLOATED EGOOOOOOOOOOO IN THE WAR FRONT
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by komando: 3:33pm On Aug 23, 2010
SeanEt sEanet SEAneT
Go back to your medication.
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by seanet02: 3:33pm On Aug 23, 2010
komando:

SeanEt sEanet SEAneT
Go back to your medication.

ARE YOU SICKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by naijaking1: 3:44pm On Aug 23, 2010
komando:

The two must active powers in Nigeria's political equation at present are the North and the South South. For the fist time both groups are not in alliance. It will be interesting two see how the struggle turns out.

Is the north intimidating Ijaw people after the latter fully "co-operated" with them in killing their fellow eastern Nigerians
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by EzeUche22(m): 3:52pm On Aug 23, 2010
Beaf:

Please go to your usual tribalistic threads. What muscle does any group in the South South or South East have aside from the sort of knuckle headedness you regularly display?

Beaf, my nemesis. There was nothing tribalistic about my post. Just trying to understand the muscle that the fictional south-south has. Anything East of the River Niger will forever be the Igbos domain.

It is time for us to flex our numerical muscle. cool

Get used to it. GJ dream of becoming president will remain a dream if the Igbos are not on-board. Let "Chief" Edwin Clarke beg the Ndi Igbo for our support. Let him grovel on the floor. I would enjoy that very much.
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by komando: 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2010

Bros, LOL, Isee your sickness is getting worse! Better go drink before we bundle you back to the psychiatric ward where you came from.
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by seanet02: 3:59pm On Aug 23, 2010
komando:

Bros, LOL, Isee your sickness is getting worse! Better go drink before we bundle you back to the psychiatric ward where you came from.

ODE NI E
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by komando: 4:00pm On Aug 23, 2010
Your face na correct Ode Ni E.
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by sjeezy8: 4:02pm On Aug 23, 2010
South south should cool their blood- the last thing needed if for people to look at Jonathan as a South South president.
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by seanet02: 4:07pm On Aug 23, 2010
komando:

Your face na correct Ode Ni E.

DREAM ON, YOU HAVE SHOWN TO LACK ALL SENSE OF REASONING, EVEN YOUR POSTS HERE STINKS.
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by Beaf: 4:11pm On Aug 23, 2010
EzeUche22:

Beaf, my nemesis. There was nothing tribalistic about my post. Just trying to understand the muscle that the fictional south-south has. Anything East of the River Niger will forever be the Igbos domain.

It is time for us to flex our numerical muscle. cool

Get used to it. GJ dream of becoming president will remain a dream if the Igbos are not on-board. Let "Chief" Edwin Clarke beg the Ndi Igbo for our support. Let him grovel on the floor. I would enjoy that very much.

I'm quite sure you are a dreamer. Its a two way thing, everybody loses from knuckleheadness. What goes around, comes around, there is no winner; Clark begs today, you beg tomorrow. It is best to sit down and talk, because nobody will be begging on either side of the table.

sjeezy8:

South south should cool their blood- the last thing needed if for people to look at Jonathan as a South South president.

You do have a point, but blood pressures there have been raised because of utterances from the North.
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by komando: 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2010
Your face lacks all sense of proportion and it stinks.
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by seanet02: 4:17pm On Aug 23, 2010
komando:

Your face lacks all sense of proportion and it stinks.

WORD OF ADVICE, WHEN YOU ARE REPLYING PEOPLE, TRY TO INSERT HIS/HER QUOTES SO THAT PEOPLE WILL KNOW WHO YOU ARE BASHING WITH YOUR IRRESPONSIBLE BASHING
EXCEPT YOU ARE USING YOUR PHONE
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by komando: 4:19pm On Aug 23, 2010
@ seanet,
Thanks for the advice and peace be unto thee.
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by naijaking1: 4:26pm On Aug 23, 2010
sjeezy8:

That's ideally. Nigeria and Nigerians remain very tribalistic in terms of winning and keeping political positions. Tribalism has been used by the Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, and Ijaw people whenever it fits their short-term goal. Asking people to forget it overnight is not realistic, and sending people like Clark(an avowed anti-Igbo politician) to lead reconciliation and possible joint support by Igbos for GEJ is a stupid political mistake. Many Igbos would like an opportunity to vote against GEJ as a way of getting at Clark.
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by seanet02: 4:43pm On Aug 23, 2010
naijaking1:

That's ideally. Nigeria and Nigerians remain very tribalistic in terms of winning and keeping political positions. Tribalism has been used by the Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, and Ijaw people whenever it fits their short-term goal. Asking people to forget it overnight is not realistic, and sending people like Clark(an avowed anti-Igbo politician) to lead reconciliation and possible joint support by Igbos for GEJ is a silly political mistake. Many Igbos would like an opportunity to vote against GEJ as a way of getting at Clark.
WHO CARES?
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by Dede1(m): 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2010
I do not pay attention to traitors and cowards such as Alabo Tonye Graham-Douglas and Edwin Clarke especially when they wallow in a sea of arrant stupidity. The North region of Nigeria gave rise to nonsensical south-south. It is laughable when a punk such Tonye Graham-Douglas talks about north’s intimidation as he has ever stood up against the northern region of Nigeria.
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by EzeUche22(m): 6:08pm On Aug 23, 2010
Dede1:

I do not pay attention to traitors and cowards such Alabo Tonye Graham-Douglas and Edwin Clarke especially when they wallow in a sea of arrant stupidity. The North region of Nigeria gave rise to nonsensical south-south. It is laughable when a punk such Tonye Graham-Douglas talks about north’s intimidation as he has ever stood up against the northern region of Nigeria.

grin grin grin grin grin

I see that I am not the only one who thinks this 'south-south' region is complete and utter nonsense.
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by naso2(m): 6:24pm On Aug 23, 2010
EzeUche22:

grin grin grin grin grin

I see that I am not the only one who thinks this 'south-south' region is complete and utter nonsense.

, and you think you are making sense?
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by bombay: 6:27pm On Aug 23, 2010
You dey look am e dey go grin
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by abadaba(m): 11:58pm On Aug 23, 2010
seanet02:

WORD OF ADVICE, WHEN YOU ARE REPLYING PEOPLE, TRY TO INSERT HIS/HER QUOTES SO THAT PEOPLE WILL KNOW WHO YOU ARE BASHING WITH YOUR IRRESPONSIBLE BASHING
EXCEPT YOU ARE USING YOUR PHONE
You beast of no gender, why on earth do you keep on trailing an innocent man-Komando. Even when he has not replied to any of your moronic posts. Jackass, carry time o.
Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by Becomrich0: 5:08am On Aug 24, 2010
EzeUche22, you go kill person. I notice it too, that only ijaw people are shouting for Jonathan. Do you think Donald duke people do not want him to be president. So by the end of the day. Jonathan looks like he is only going to win bayelsa state and may be river state. 2 state out of 36. The first president to loss election in Nigeria.
all this could have been avoided. He thinks he is president, he get power. I say come see something for canada, he refused. to be honest with you, in a free and fair election, without boost since the bible says I should not boost, I am more powerful than Obasanjo in Yorubaland. all the problem Jonathan has, i know the people behind it. they can make it impossible for jonathan and the PDP.

in yorubaland there are power behind power. they would make life difficult for jonathan. he should bring justice to yorubas, this is another june 12 jonathan,

the reason why the others are not interested is that, the ijaws claim they are the largest ethnics, which is a big lie.

Look everybody knows that Ijaw people are minority in Port harcourt, let just assume. How can the ijaw people be bigger than the edo people. look at satellite picture.
So who should have the president, is it Ijaw people or Edo state people. it would take another 50 years for edo people to get the president.

While Jonathan does not want justice for the edo and delta people. So that this point, like the Yoruba people too , must people do not want to hear the shout jonathan name. only the ijaw are making nonsense, this is what is going on.

they other ethnics group discovered that jonathan ethnics group is tell lies about their population too. That why only is ethnics ijaw is shouting support.  That is the reason Jonathan has refused  is not ready to carry out reform in Nigeria.

Re: North Can’t Intimidate Us –graham-douglas, S/south Leader ! by Nobody: 5:23am On Aug 24, 2010
I dont understand why this very high level of contempt for the so-called south-south people ( reads Ijaws) by their eastern neighbours. From the print, electronics to online, it been hatred all over.

What exactly is the offence? can somebody please enlighten me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Immediate Solution To Niger-delta Crisis / Boko Haram Chases Rkelly, Ludacris & Keri Hilson Off Nigeria / South Korea To Deploy CCTV In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.