Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,367 members, 7,888,190 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:16 PM

Numerical Computation Assignment - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Numerical Computation Assignment (617 Views)

How To Calculate Frequency And Frequency In Numerical Variables In Excel / Maths Challenge: Numerical Processes — Conversion Of Currency. / Offline Result Computation System For Primary And Secondary Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Numerical Computation Assignment by Yomboy2003: 3:47pm On Feb 11, 2019
Dear Nairalanders,

Kindly assist me with this assignment as i have been trying all possible best to solve it but no avail

Question 1

Find the root of x3 + 7x2 + 9 = 0 such that the root of the equation lies between –8 and –7 using:
a) Bisection Method upto accuracy of 3 dp

b) Regula Falsi Method upto accuracy of 3 dp

Question 2 :

Use Newton Raphson method to find the root of the equation x - sin x=0 correct upto two decimal places. Take the starting value as π/4 (π=3.1416, π radian = 180^0)

Question 3 :

Each coffee table produced by a Mrs. Ojo’s firm nets the firm a profit of #3,240. Each bookcase yields a #4,320 profit. Mrs. Ojo’s firm is small and its resources are limited. During any given production period (of one week), 10 gallons of varnish and 12 lengths of high-quality redwood are available. Each coffee table requires approximately 1 gallon of varnish and 1 length of redwood. Each bookcase takes 1 gallon of varnish and 2 lengths of wood. Formulate Mrs. Ojo’s production mix decision as a linear programming problem and solve, using the simplex method. How many tables and bookcases should be produced each week? What will the maximum profit be?

Thanks very much
Re: Numerical Computation Assignment by GreatArchy: 7:07pm On Feb 11, 2019
Re: Numerical Computation Assignment by GreatArchy: 7:09pm On Feb 11, 2019
How do you want the problem to be solved, is it in a written form or using a programming language? you can chat me up
Re: Numerical Computation Assignment by Yomboy2003: 7:05am On Feb 12, 2019
In a written form sir. i would appreciate it. May God bless you sir
Re: Numerical Computation Assignment by Delightife: 7:55pm On Feb 15, 2019
Please I also need the answer to the question above.
Re: Numerical Computation Assignment by GreatArchy: 7:59pm On Feb 16, 2019
Delightife:
Please I also need the answer to the question above.
kindly inbox me
Re: Numerical Computation Assignment by Akano31: 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2019
sir, i also want the solution to the questions.
Re: Numerical Computation Assignment by GreatArchy: 4:44pm On Feb 18, 2019
Akano31:
Send me a mail
Re: Numerical Computation Assignment by GreatArchy: 4:45pm On Feb 18, 2019
Akano31:
Send me a mail
Re: Numerical Computation Assignment by akaahs(m): 9:03pm On Feb 18, 2019
We treated question one nd two in pgd one first semester using excel nd manual solving. Excel make more sense to me
Re: Numerical Computation Assignment by tirex(m): 8:46pm On Mar 14, 2019
GreatArchy:
Send me a mail
Hi GreatArchy..

I need the solution as well please.

My email address is tirex_02@yahoo.com

Thank you
Re: Numerical Computation Assignment by tirex(m): 3:41pm On Mar 15, 2019
Yomboy2003:
Dear Nairalanders,

Kindly assist me with this assignment as i have been trying all possible best to solve it but no avail

Question 1

Find the root of x3 + 7x2 + 9 = 0 such that the root of the equation lies between –8 and –7 using:
a) Bisection Method upto accuracy of 3 dp

b) Regula Falsi Method upto accuracy of 3 dp

Question 2 :

Use Newton Raphson method to find the root of the equation x - sin x=0 correct upto two decimal places. Take the starting value as π/4 (π=3.1416, π radian = 180^0)

Question 3 :

Each coffee table produced by a Mrs. Ojo’s firm nets the firm a profit of #3,240. Each bookcase yields a #4,320 profit. Mrs. Ojo’s firm is small and its resources are limited. During any given production period (of one week), 10 gallons of varnish and 12 lengths of high-quality redwood are available. Each coffee table requires approximately 1 gallon of varnish and 1 length of redwood. Each bookcase takes 1 gallon of varnish and 2 lengths of wood. Formulate Mrs. Ojo’s production mix decision as a linear programming problem and solve, using the simplex method. How many tables and bookcases should be produced each week? What will the maximum profit be?

Thanks very much

Boss, did you get an answer to this please?

(1) (Reply)

Orange Knowledge Scholarship Programme Ongoing | Apply Here / Prospective Elect/Elect Engr Project Students needing assistance enter here / Federal Polytechnic Ado-ekiti Gets Approved For Mass Comm & Six Other Programs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.