Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,331 members, 7,891,483 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:43 PM

Tips To Help Your Picky Eaters - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tips To Help Your Picky Eaters (326 Views)

Married Men, I Need Help! Your Marital Experience Is Needed. / All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy / Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips To Help Your Picky Eaters by Gracevalue: 4:45pm On Feb 11, 2019
Picky eaters are no doubt a concern for mothers. When you have children that eat all foods, you don't know how lucky you are. I have come to realize that the problem with picky eaters is not about food but their feelings towards food. Children whose palate are broad generally find food interesting.

My five year old son can spend hours to eat food while his younger brother will finish same within few minutes. This is very challenging for me because picky eaters can miss out on a lot of good food and also miss out on important nutrients found in foods that they don't eat like vegetables, salad, beans, fruits, nuts, grains, etc

Below are some of the tips to help your picky eater
Be Creative With Your Cooking
You don't have to rule out important food because they don't like it. Carrot is one of the things my son don't like to eat, but I found ways to incorporate it in his pap, Soups and juice. There are always other interesting ways to prepare the same food.

Be Patient When Introducing New Food
I understand the disappointment when you prepare a delicious food and expect it to be loved by your kids but your child put tiny bits in their mouths and take them out. You need not to be discouraged, introduce new food in bits along side with your favorite and serve in a beautiful manner.

Observe Your Child Properly
Learn your children properly and observe when they are hungry so you don't force food on them. Keep record of the last time they ate, if they have been an in between meals. Forcing them to eat when they are not hungry might ignite power struggle over food and hereby make every meal time frustrating for them. Serve them food in small portions and allow them to ask for more, even if they don't, encourage them to have more.

Please don't be tempted to compare them to other of their friends or siblings that eats well. Every child is uniquely different and I know that it could be quite challenging and tasking for you as a mom but know that it's a gradual process.

Continue reading on www.gracevalue.com

Meanwhile, do you have other tips, share in the comment section and share to other moms struggling the same fate.

We're in this momlife together.
Love �
GraceValue

Source � www.gracevalue.com

1 Like

Re: Tips To Help Your Picky Eaters by ElsonMorali: 6:27pm On Feb 11, 2019
Nice post. And very helpful too.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Parents Be Watchful Over Your Girl Child /www.marylouiseonline.com / Why Do Workers Go Through This Everyday? / Urgency!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.