Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,726 members, 7,875,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:17 PM

Is This Right Or Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This Right Or Wrong? (328 Views)

Using Actors And Actresses For Church Publicity. Right Or Wrong? / House On The Rock Communion Day Outfits: Right Or Wrong? (Pics) / Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Right Or Wrong? by vic224real(f): 7:57pm On Feb 13, 2019
Hi family.

I want to know please, is it OK for a newly married couple to go for family planning even when they've not started bearing children?

Please, honest advice needed!!
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong? by sinaj(f): 8:01pm On Feb 13, 2019
Depends on what you want or your goals.

1 Like

Re: Is This Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 13, 2019
That is the best time for family planning
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong? by Ehiscotch(m): 8:05pm On Feb 13, 2019
Family planning should start before marriage. Couples should already know what they are getting into before they tie the knot.

For me, no children until after a year or two. Children are responsibilities and the parents must be ready to handle that. I want us to enjoy our companionship as Mr and Mrs, and be certain if we really want to be together till death do us part before having children.

1 Like

Re: Is This Right Or Wrong? by vic224real(f): 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2019
What I actually mean to ask is that, can newly wedded couple go for family planning drugs even when the wife had not given birth to any child yet?

A newly wedded couple who are also my friends are planning to go for a family planning. Their intention for that is to enable them enjoy their honeymoon for like 2 years before start having kids.
To me, I think is not proper, but I am asking for opinions if this is right or wrong.
Thanks.
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong? by Ehiscotch(m): 8:26pm On Feb 13, 2019
Different strokes for different folks. I really don't see the rush to have children. You are meant to be together forever and you should take your time before you procreate. Remember you are in Nigeria where the economy is harsh and having one - two children while you are both struggling to provide the best for your children.

Besides, we spend so much on weddings in Nigeria and save so little for marriage. The two years would be for me to pool my resources together to give my children a good life. .

Ps: while this might not go down with many people strongly against divorce no matter what, I believe it easier to assess your marriage after two years and it would be much convenient to divorce without having to bother about "sharing" children.

1 Like

Re: Is This Right Or Wrong? by sinaj(f): 8:28pm On Feb 13, 2019
vic224real:
What I actually mean to ask is that, can newly wedded couple go for family planning drugs even when the wife had not given birth to any child yet?

A newly wedded couple who are also my friends are planning to go for a family planning. Their intention for that is to enable them enjoy their honeymoon for like 2 years before start having kids.
To me, I think is not proper, but I am asking for opinions if this is right or wrong.
Thanks.
you can go but do a background check on the type of planing your gynaecologist may choose for you because most of it have side effect

1 Like

Re: Is This Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:21am On Feb 14, 2019
vic224real:

Thanks.
Children first. Utilize the time to bear children before it becomes late it is a piece of advice.
Re: Is This Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 12:32am On Feb 14, 2019
Different strokes for different folks. I really don't see the rush to have children. You are meant to be together forever and you should take your time before you procreate. Remember you are in Nigeria where the economy is harsh and having one - two children while you are both struggling to provide the best for your children.
You should be financially stable to a large extent before thinking of marriage. No point incurring unnecessary expenses during wedding and then starting from the
scratch. You should be able to provide for the need of the family as a man. Many ladies do not think in that direction when planning extravagant wedding to please people and their ego.Such money spent would be used to invest in businesses that would yield more profit to caretake for the need of the family hence when children comes in things begin to fall in place.
Besides, we spend so much on weddings in Nigeria and save so little for marriage. The two years would be for me to pool my resources together to give my children a good life. .
Many Nigerians spend more on weddings not all Nigerians. This boils down to the couple if they choose to have a small wedding of 50 or a large wedding of 400 guest.

Ps: while this might not go down with many people strongly against divorce no matter what, I believe it easier to assess your marriage after two years and it would be much convenient to divorce without having to bother about "sharing" children.
Whatever it is to access should had be done during courtship.

(1) (Reply)

... / Watch TB Joshua Supernaturally Re-positions A Baby In His Mother's Womb / ////

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.