Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,197 members, 7,932,066 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 05:19 PM

Mr Cooreman Has Proved His Worth, New NFF Should Listen - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mr Cooreman Has Proved His Worth, New NFF Should Listen (754 Views)

Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi / Amaju Pinnick Elected As New NFF President / Chris Giwa Defeats Mike Umeh To Emerge As New NFF President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr Cooreman Has Proved His Worth, New NFF Should Listen by chinaaman(f): 7:22am On Aug 24, 2010
Still on the Super Eagles Job, l think Mr Cooreman has proved his worth and should be considered, read his words:

I have handled many teams in Nigeria and my record here shows I have achieved many milestones, from NPA to Gabros International, to Lobi Stars, Ocean Boys, Bendel Insurance and Enyimba, I have shown I have what it takes. And as I had always have a vision for the place the international game of Nigeria should be at the global arena, I believe it is time I got that chance to help with tinkering the Super Eagles.
Cooreman, in revealing his dream for Nigeria, expresses his surprise that the Super Eagles continually fail to live up to their global billing. He said with the kind of abundance in quality materials that he has seen and worked with in the country since the past decade that he has been around, he finds it queer that the team are not pulling their weight in silverwares.

He said so many talents are still untapped among the home-based players and that he would like very much to be in position to change this.
He said so many talents are still untapped among the home-based players and that he would like very much to be in position to change this.
“I think the only reason we are in this sorry state as far as the Super Eagles are concerned is that we have no proper planning to groom the boys into a formidable team that can conquer the world. I have been in this country for 11 years, and I married an Igbo lady. So, when I talk about the failure of the country, I think I am talking as a Nigerian and as a man who has been in the system for over a decade and know exactly what is wrong. Besides, I have a passion for this country that is so high I am ready to die for her.

“If I get to tinker the Super Eagles, my promise is that the team will be in the final stages of the World Cup in Brazil in 2014. By final stages, I am talking of the semi finals at the very least. And this is not a boast or empty talk.

“I coached Jasper United and so many other teams to success in this country and I understand Nigerian football and know that Nigerian players are very talented. In most countries of the world that have made global impact in the game, handling to success such young teams as Kaduna United from the developmental stage and successes with other teams across the country, like I have had, are some of the criteria used in selecting who to handle the national teams. It should be part of the consideration here too. Besides, I understand the Nigerian game and the Nigerian players’ mentality so well now that there can hardly be a better candidate than I make for the post,” says Cooreman.
Re: Mr Cooreman Has Proved His Worth, New NFF Should Listen by yousouph(m): 9:48am On Aug 24, 2010
How many titles did he win locally or in the continent? Same thing Vogts and Lagerbeer said.
Re: Mr Cooreman Has Proved His Worth, New NFF Should Listen by honeric01(m): 9:52am On Aug 24, 2010
Well, maybe he has a point, but how many people watch our league? he has no support from the people because they are all glued to the foreign leagues and only few knows about the exploits of this coach.
Re: Mr Cooreman Has Proved His Worth, New NFF Should Listen by honeric01(m): 9:57am On Aug 24, 2010
yousouph:

How many titles did he win locally or in the continent? Same thing Vogts and Lagerbeer said.

Let me ask you this, do you even know the coach? you are asking how many titles he has won when you don't even know him because you are always watching liverpool vs pool pool pool.

Read the article every well and stop asking the poster questions

If you want to know about Maurice, then have him googled up

your largerback and Vogts were never a coach that spent 11 years in Nigeria coaching and winning titles for local clubs, if you know this man very well, you wouldn't be asking such a question, this man is good at turning smaller teams with lesser funds into giant killers so he does not have to come tell you who he is.
Re: Mr Cooreman Has Proved His Worth, New NFF Should Listen by Kinezeala(m): 10:10am On Aug 24, 2010
Ever wondered why the super eagles soared so high in those days?that\'s because of how well organised and structured our local league was then.the number 1 problem of our football is the poor organisation and structure of the npl.take a look at the spanish,dutch,italian and uruguayan national teams most of their first team shirt players ply their trade in their local leagues,unless the standard of our dear npl improves,there is no miracle even the mourinhos,cooreman,siasia,ancelottis of this world can perform.ok?
Re: Mr Cooreman Has Proved His Worth, New NFF Should Listen by honeric01(m): 10:25am On Aug 24, 2010
Kinezeala:

Ever wondered why the super eagles soared so high in those days?[b]that\'s because of how well organised and structured our local league was then.[/b]the number 1 problem of our football is the poor organisation and structure of the npl.take a  look at the spanish,dutch,italian and uruguayan national teams most of their first team shirt players ply their trade in their local leagues,unless the standard of our dear npl improves,there is no miracle even the mourinhos,cooreman,siasia,ancelottis of this world can perform.ok?

Can you explain why you think our league then was better than now? undecided
Re: Mr Cooreman Has Proved His Worth, New NFF Should Listen by chinaaman(f): 2:42pm On Aug 26, 2010
No matter the politics this coach has done wonderfully well in Nigeria, those at NFF should not turn a blind eye to his achievements
Re: Mr Cooreman Has Proved His Worth, New NFF Should Listen by medjai(m): 4:44pm On Aug 26, 2010
yes I think he has done very well. He has not only coached here in Nigeria but also in Ghana. He has a good knowledge of African football. I wont mind he and Siasia working together
Re: Mr Cooreman Has Proved His Worth, New NFF Should Listen by IbrahimB: 12:24am On Aug 27, 2010
Well at least, if employed, we'll have a foreign coach that will not run away

(1) (Reply)

Which Useless Nigeria Station Will Show This Match / What Sport Will Nigeria Win Medals If They Were Included In The Olympics / Ex-portsmouth Manager, Harry Redknapp - Kanu Was 44 Years When He Was 34 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.