Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,833 members, 7,872,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:20 PM

Jonathan Will Soon Lose My Vote . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Will Soon Lose My Vote . (754 Views)

Exclusive: Elected Governors That May Soon Lose Their Seat / “Jonathan Will Win 2015 Election But Be Cut Short” – Prophet Emmanuel Nwazuo / Jonathan Has Shown He Can Be Trusted! So He Still Gets My Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Will Soon Lose My Vote . by idupaul: 7:26am On Aug 24, 2010
I was shocked to read in some dailies yesterday that Jonathan had chosen Alamisiega as our campaign arrow head . I consider this a deliberate attempt by mr Jonathan to undermine all the work and hopes of millions of people in the GEJ 4 PREZ state of mind . Mr Jonathan has to rescind that decision as Alams does not have anything to offer with his damaged image . I tot GEJ would chose a credible northerner to lead his campaign as the battle lies in winning the hearts of northern elites . GEJ pls be careful b4 u ruin this opportunity to deliver a better Nigeria
Re: Jonathan Will Soon Lose My Vote . by Beaf: 7:26am On Aug 24, 2010
The Sun has taken to printing shameless rubbish these days. cry cry cry

Others are speculating entirely differently. . .

[size=14pt]Sambo, Anenih to head Jonathan’s campaign[/size]
Headlines Aug 24, 2010 Share |
By Jide Ajani & Dayo Benson, Political Editor
LAGOS—AHEAD of formal declaration by President Goodluck Jonathan to contest 2011 presidential election, a campaign team headed by Vice-President Namadi Sambo and former Chairman of Board of Trustees, BoT, of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Tony Anenih, is already in place.
. . .

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/08/24/sambo-anenih-to-head-jonathan%E2%80%99s-campaign/
Re: Jonathan Will Soon Lose My Vote . by Beaf: 7:28am On Aug 24, 2010
^It is even difficult to vouch for the story above, cos Jonathan is declaring in two and a half weeks time. So nobody knows his campaign team yet.
What do you expect from useless journalists when IBB gave them 10 million Naira each last week?
Re: Jonathan Will Soon Lose My Vote . by Ibime(m): 7:32am On Aug 24, 2010
idupaul:

I tot GEJ would chose a credible northerner to lead his campaign as the battle lies in winning the hearts of northern elites .

GEJ can never win the heart of the Northern elite.

Without the support of Ohanaeze and the middle-belt, he is lost. If the noises coming out of Ndigbo are correct, then he should just forget about running and concentrate on delivering a free and fair election.
Re: Jonathan Will Soon Lose My Vote . by idupaul: 7:50am On Aug 24, 2010
@ Beaf i jst hope its the ibb midnight transport fare@ work . Heard someone in the punch got fired because of the largesse . @ ibime we cannot hide fact that GEJ needs to campaign to the north and allay their fears about loosing their turn .
Re: Jonathan Will Soon Lose My Vote . by Jarus(m): 5:52pm On Aug 24, 2010
This contest still appears dicey and very unpredictable(provided there is free and fair election).
When is Ribadu coming out now?
Re: Jonathan Will Soon Lose My Vote . by sjeezy8: 6:04pm On Aug 24, 2010
Ibime:

GEJ can never win the heart of the Northern elite.

Without the support of Ohanaeze and the middle-belt, he is lost. If the noises coming out of Ndigbo are correct, then he should just forget about running and concentrate on delivering a free and fair election.

Jonathan can atleast win 4-5 core northern states- just as Obj did in 2003 because Jonathan is the incumbent- So current Northern Govenors will make sure states vote for PDP  or else they will lose their Governor seats to opposition parties.

If PDP northern govs oppose Jonathan they risk being voted out of office Along with with pdp.

Jonathan definately has the upper hand but it being soft- this election is the same with 2003 where northerners voted for Buhari, BUT PDP northern states made sure votes went to Obj so they can stay as Govenors.
Re: Jonathan Will Soon Lose My Vote . by walata44(m): 6:12pm On Aug 24, 2010
What has he done since he came to power? I don't see any significant achievement he has made to deserve anyones vote. All the crooks are still walking the street of Nigeria free with their looted wealth.
Re: Jonathan Will Soon Lose My Vote . by Beaf: 6:40pm On Aug 24, 2010
walata44:

What has he done since he came to power? I don't see any significant achievement he has made to deserve anyones vote. All the crooks are still walking the street of Nigeria free with their looted wealth.

His first priority was to stabilise the control after the Yar Adua imbroglio. Or aren't you aware there was an incredibly serious problem that could have led to war?
He will definitely go after the crooks in 2011. International agreements have already been made. Wait and see.
Re: Jonathan Will Soon Lose My Vote . by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 24, 2010
Beaf:

His first priority was to stabilise the control after the Yar Adua imbroglio. Or aren't you aware there was an incredibly serious problem that could have led to war?
He will definitely go after the crooks in 2011. International agreements have already been made. Wait and see.

With all due respect some others can also have the view that, that imbroglio was created by Jonathan's personality and dilly dallying.

It is also instructive that folks like IBB we may want to call corrupt today and claim Jonathan is planning to take on were the same people Jonathan went to seek permission from before fulfilling his constitutional rights. Why did he visit IBB, Gowon etc during Yar'adua saga? why did he have a meeting with Atiku first?

It was his constitutional right to step in as Acting President, in the absence of the President, he even claimed to have communicated with Yar'adua at some point even when it turned out to be false.
It took the NASS to invent a new law in Nigeria's history called "Doctrine of Necessity" before Goodluck Jonathan accepted to act. Talk about the Vice President lacking the courage to excersize his rights.

May be that imbroglio and vacuum may have actually been created by Jonathan's indicision on anything. A characteristic responsible for why he is still undecided about running.

The days of behind the scene moves are over. He should come out in the open and stand up for whatever he believes let us see.
Re: Jonathan Will Soon Lose My Vote . by walata44(m): 6:49pm On Aug 24, 2010
His first priority was to stabilise the control after the Yar Adua imbroglio. Or aren't you aware there was an incredibly serious problem that could have led to war

Anyone in power in Nigeria can easily do that. Nigeria is full of sycophant that can k*** your **s because you are in power.
Re: Jonathan Will Soon Lose My Vote . by Beaf: 7:01pm On Aug 24, 2010
walata44:

Anyone in power in Nigeria can easily do that. Nigeria is full of sycophant that can k*** your **s because you are in power.

He is from a region that has very little presence in the army. And it was the army that was used against him, I don't know of any place on Earth where it is easy to overcome an army. Lets be realistic, those that k*** your **s do not wrestle the army into line, lets have realistic arguments.
Re: Jonathan Will Soon Lose My Vote . by deb(m): 7:24pm On Aug 24, 2010
He has lost my vote already except ACN does not want to present Ribadu again

(1) (Reply)

Who Is A Terrorist? What Is Terrorism? / Oyinlola Launches N4bn Technical Education Programme - Osun State / Nlc Suspends Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.