Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,306 members, 7,943,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 11:02 PM

U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) (5595 Views)

How Onyebuchi Anele Died After He Was Shot In Face With Police Tear Gas / Lawyer Sustains Numerous Injuries While Protecting His Parents From Kidnappers / Baby Survives After Pregnant Woman Killed With A Crossbow (photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by Explorers(m): 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2019
A heroic Arkansas mother got shot in the face with a crossbow and survived after diving in front of her teenage son.

Janet Partain feels she 'lucky to be alive' after she was shot by Joseph Avellino, 34, on Monday, and even managed to drive herself to hospital after the incident.

The 34-year-old shared a photo of her horrifying injuries while in hospital.

In one picture, the arrow is still protruding from her face as blood poured from the gash.

Later photos show the mom with the arrow removed, and her face stitched up.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6704759/Mother-34-struck-face-CROSSBOW-saved-son-14-shooter.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by Explorers(m): 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2019
Joseph Avellino, 34, was charged with battery in the first degree and three counts of endangering the welfare of a child after what law enforcement believe to have been an altercation with the woman.

Cross County Deputies responded to a residence around 4.20pm but deputies found the victim had already left in a vehicle.

Partain said she was injured after turning up at Avellino's home near Wynne with her 14-year-old son and 15-year-old nephews to confront him about a theft.

'I told him, Joseph I don't want you on my property no more, this and that. And he was like, "Well I'm going to shoot ya'll",', Partain explained.

'[He] was pointing the arrow at them and he fired a shot at one of them, and I pushed them out the way and I got hit,' she said.

'I think I was in shock because once I got hit I said, "I can't believe you almost shot that kid".'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by CaptainMitch: 6:30pm On Feb 14, 2019
This is what herdsmen have been doing, thank God Atiku is coming to make Nigeria work for us all, again. Atiku is my Val, Atiku will win

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by DanDeeBoss(m): 6:32pm On Feb 14, 2019
sadsad
Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 14, 2019
She really try in protecting her son.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 14, 2019
Yes she can!
Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by madridguy(m): 6:33pm On Feb 14, 2019
Mother wink GOD BLESS OUR MOTHERS.

6 Likes

Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by amaniro: 6:33pm On Feb 14, 2019
Lovely. Sweet mother.
Mothers are sweeter than fathers, weather we men likes it or not.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by Evablizin(f): 6:34pm On Feb 14, 2019
Oh My God. You're a mother indeed,you will not die young,you will live to eat the fruits of your labour.

Mother's Love. You have my respect ma.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by Dujardin(m): 6:41pm On Feb 14, 2019
Love of a mother; greater than that of those ladies with toothpick legs. Only second to the Love of God.

8 Likes

Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by kingreign(m): 7:00pm On Feb 14, 2019
amaniro:
Lovely. Sweet mother.

Mothers are sweeter than fathers, weather we men likes it or not.

What specie of fowl ate your pea sized brain? undecided

A quick and total recovery is what I wish such an Amazing mom.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by tillaman(m): 7:02pm On Feb 14, 2019
Holy shit
Explorers:
Joseph Avellino, 34, was charged with battery in the first degree and three counts of endangering the welfare of a child after what law enforcement believe to have been an altercation with the woman.

Cross County Deputies responded to a residence around 4.20pm but deputies found the victim had already left in a vehicle.

Partain said she was injured after turning up at Avellino's home near Wynne with her 14-year-old son and 15-year-old nephews to confront him about a theft.

'I told him, Joseph I don't want you on my property no more, this and that. And he was like, "Well I'm going to shoot ya'll",', Partain explained.

'[He] was pointing the arrow at them and he fired a shot at one of them, and I pushed them out the way and I got hit,' she said.

'I think I was in shock because once I got hit I said, "I can't believe you almost shot that kid".'
Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by tofolo(m): 7:26pm On Feb 14, 2019
God bless our mothers....

1 Like

Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by Tamarapetty(f): 8:04pm On Feb 14, 2019
May God bless our mothers!
Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by extralargehead(m): 8:09pm On Feb 14, 2019
CaptainMitch:
This is what herdsmen have been doing, thank God Atiku is coming to make Nigeria work for us all, again. Atiku is my Val, Atiku will win
The two pictures speak for themselves. Picture 1 :healthy looking and well fed people.

Picture 2: Hungry looking, poverty......
Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by CaptainMitch: 8:20pm On Feb 14, 2019
The difference is always clear, they look like ragtag criminals. I hate APC with every drop of my blood
extralargehead:

The two pictures speak for themselves. Picture 1 :healthy looking and well fed people.

Picture 2: Hungry looking, poverty......

Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by itiswellandwell: 8:43pm On Feb 14, 2019
Chai
Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by jendhorlee(m): 9:08pm On Feb 14, 2019
Things a mother can do for her children Shout out to all the good moms out there. Jah bless y'all
Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by KingNom(m): 9:20pm On Feb 14, 2019
God bless our Loving Mothers in Jesus Name!
Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by Treasure17(m): 9:59pm On Feb 14, 2019
Mothers are inestimable value. God bless our mothers.
Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by Jagaban880: 11:29pm On Feb 14, 2019
Mothers...una too much especially my mama
Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 5:45am On Feb 15, 2019
madridguy:
Mother wink GOD BLESS OUR MOTHERS.
Ameen
Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by femi4: 6:38am On Feb 15, 2019
Nitori ọmọ
Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:32am On Feb 15, 2019
femi4:
Nitori ọmọ
pikin name?
Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by Babacele: 9:58am On Feb 15, 2019
Jesus! God bless the woman.
Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by KingLennon(m): 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2019
Ain't no woman alive that can take my mama's place. I know she's proud of me and I am proud too. She's the only woman i can give my vows to. Am still your baby even though I've got a baby too... grin

That's a true momma in that pic

1 Like

Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by Flexherbal(m): 1:02pm On Feb 15, 2019
The love of a good mother !
Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by electiontrooper: 1:19pm On Feb 16, 2019
Contact me for Scripts for Movies, TV Series, Stage Plays, Adaptations, etc. For a relatively low amount, get awe-inspiring and entertaining content!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by ReneeNuttall(f): 8:48pm On Feb 16, 2019
I wish I can lay my hands on that monster........ Mothers are supreme beings.
Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by zolajpower: 8:37am On Feb 17, 2019
Oh my sweet Jesus . This is gory
Re: U.S. Mum Shot In The Face With Crossbow While Protecting Son(Graphics) by zolajpower: 8:38am On Feb 17, 2019
ReneeNuttall:
I wish I can lay my hands on that monster........ Mothers are supreme beings.
Yimu shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tomato With Human Face Speaks In Kosofe Mile12 / Police Smash Kidnap Syndicate, Arrest 70-year-old Leader / Picture Of The Student Shot Dead At Uniben Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.