Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,658 members, 7,951,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 11:27 PM

Amaechi Mobilising Militants To Disrupt Polls’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Mobilising Militants To Disrupt Polls’ (676 Views)

ISWAP Mobilising RPGs, AA Guns, GPMGS, Fighters To Attack Katsina, Lagos - NSCDC / Kano Elections: People On The Run As Thugs Disrupt Polls (Photos) / Militants To Return To ‘Bombing On Installations’ - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Mobilising Militants To Disrupt Polls’ by nairafamedotcom: 6:31am On Feb 15, 2019
Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike has said the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, and his cohorts, have concluded plans to bomb offices of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), destroy voting materials and disrupt the elections.

In a state broadcast yesterday, Wike said: “Credible intelligence has linked Rotimi Amaechi and his cohorts to plans to scuttle the elections in Rivers State, with the support of unpatriotic military and police officers.

“The security officers have been detailed to provide covert and overt operations for Amaechi’s armed militants and thugs in military camouflage and fake police uniforms to bomb INEC offices, cart away or destroy voting materials at registration area centres, and disrupt the voting process.

According to the governor, several Hilux vehicles painted in military colours and gunboats have been handed over to the militants to carry out the illegal attack.

He said: “It is therefore unfortunate that instead of using internal party mechanisms to settle the crisis before it was too late, Rotimi Amaechi chose to act with impunity and is now haunted by the unpleasant outcomes of his arrogance and disdain for due process.

“Even at that, the Supreme Court has spoken, and the only rational path left for Amaechi is to recognise that justice has prevailed over impunity.”

The governor admonished Amaechi to be behave maturely by “accepting the consistent decisions of the courts in good faith, eat the humble pie, put his damaged political enclave in order and wait for 2023 elections”.

“I appeal to the conscience of Rotimi Amaechi, as a brother and fellow compatriot, to stop stoking the drumbeats of violence and allow the prevailing peace to continue in our state,” Wike added.

But Amaechi, in his reaction, accused Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, of working for Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Amaechi addressed reporters last night in reaction to Wike’s broadcast earlier in the day. He urged Nigerians to vote for President Muhammadu Buhari and other candidates of APC to take Nigeria to the next level.

He said: “I know that everybody has been expecting me to talk on the court cases, but I will not, because I am just a party member. The party chairman has already said INEC is working for the PDP, an example is the fact that there is a stay of execution granted by the Court of Appeal, just because the INEC Chairman was Director of Tertiary Education Trust Fund, (TETFUND) under Wike as Minister of State for Education, he now chose the court order to implement and the one not to.

“Obviously, the INEC chairman is trying to assist Wike become a second term governor without election. We understand his game, but we believe in the judiciary. You heard the President when he said the injustice will be addressed. We will deal with the justice and not the judgment.

“I listened to our governor when he spoke about violence. I do not like violence, because if you kill somebody, you cannot replace the life. APC has just lost 15 persons to stampede at Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium, Port Harcourt, and I was touring people’s houses to identify with their pains.

“When former President Goodluck Jonathan came for campaign here and 23 people died, I saw them eating lunch. Persons have gone, whether for good or for bad, they will never come back. I will never support violence and I will never support injustice.

“We will vote on Saturday for President Buhari. If INEC decides to obey the stay of execution, then we will arrange for election. But since the INEC chairman is working for the PDP and does not want to obey the court’s decisions, so be it. God bless him.”
Source: https://www.nairafame.com/2019/02/amaechi-mobilising-militants-to-disrupt.html?m=1

Cc Lalasticlala
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44

Re: Amaechi Mobilising Militants To Disrupt Polls’ by Christonjnr(m): 6:37am On Feb 15, 2019
Amaechi tufiakwa.
Ozu amu
Re: Amaechi Mobilising Militants To Disrupt Polls’ by chriskosherbal(m): 6:39am On Feb 15, 2019
Wike & Amaechi always at loggerheads.
Re: Amaechi Mobilising Militants To Disrupt Polls’ by focus7: 6:39am On Feb 15, 2019
The usual pdp false allegation.

See Wike who is a cult lord that have given free hand to cultism to reign in River State since he came to power is accusing someone of mobilizin his boys.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Mobilising Militants To Disrupt Polls’ by Charmingrascal(m): 7:01am On Feb 15, 2019
Wike who is the godfather of cultists is accusing somebody

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Mobilising Militants To Disrupt Polls’ by bender79: 7:02am On Feb 15, 2019
Wike is still afraid of his shadow even though he has been handed over the seat of governance on a platter of gold

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Mobilising Militants To Disrupt Polls’ by orisa37: 8:15am On Feb 15, 2019
Just like PMB did to El-Rufai, he should dissociate himself from Amaechi's wreckless moves.
PMB should instruct COAS and AgIG to watch over Amaechi and prevent him from camouflaging ISIS and The Army to distabilise the Polity.
Re: Amaechi Mobilising Militants To Disrupt Polls’ by DerrickzB: 9:05am On Feb 15, 2019
Hehehe... just listen to zombies above me speaking from their anus!! Under which govt was soboma killed?? Was amaechi not the chief financial officer of such killing?? People that do not base in ph would be talking like illiterates.. wike has towed the part of peace to avoid state of emergency.. pls what happened last year in phalga when they wanted to vote for a seat of HOA?? Pls zombies get sense.. everyone in ph knows amaechi is d one who import security personel for dirty job n pay debam and co boys for dirty jobs.. na wa
Re: Amaechi Mobilising Militants To Disrupt Polls’ by ChangetheChange: 9:14am On Feb 15, 2019
Amaaechi and his family will get banned by EU and their assets seized, already Amaechi is banned from the usa
Re: Amaechi Mobilising Militants To Disrupt Polls’ by otokx(m): 9:17am On Feb 15, 2019
Tom and Jerry things, smart brothers who have succeeded in keeping the political goodies with the Ikwerres.
Re: Amaechi Mobilising Militants To Disrupt Polls’ by magoo10(m): 9:25am On Feb 15, 2019
Amaechi iberibe
Re: Amaechi Mobilising Militants To Disrupt Polls’ by AtikuMeansJobs: 9:28am On Feb 15, 2019
APC NEVER AGAIN!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Decides: It’s Your Choice To Remain Poor, Aisha Buhari Tells Nigerians / The Amazon Of Owan West Politics Have Done It Again!!! / From All Calculations Buhari Has Won

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.