Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,254 members, 7,934,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 06:10 PM

What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? (45654 Views)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by jackyraw09: 9:03pm On Feb 18, 2019
olas24u:

You are always quick to say rubbish about you country,the write-up is childish and stupid.stop talking shit about your country.

see this robot saying something about “my country” - you must be ignorant if you think this place we call a country is not a piece of poker table being played by our politicians.

I’m actually bored so you got two replies, don’t direct your next bark at me, direct it to yourself and ur contemporaries who have been old enough to witness the rot in this system for the past two decades but aren’t brave enough to question the system.

Yet brave to play down the dreams of youngsters who choose to aim different, live different by instilling limiting beliefs in them by saying “ you are young, you are a kid, you are not experienced” ——- ces la vie old woman

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by jackyraw09: 9:05pm On Feb 18, 2019
olas24u:

Some men sandfilled the whole of lekki 1 many years ago,they are investors and still live on the mainland.You rat with low intelligence coming to type poo like a 12 year old.

Is ur relative among those that did it? If not, it’s not none of your lineages business. Just shush and focus on expanding your own generations wealth, get your mind out of that box old woman !

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by miketayo(m): 9:11pm On Feb 18, 2019
Mizwisdom:

Falomo is one of the down graded places on Island. I don't know why people claim to know things when they don't sad on the Island you live a sane life, you mingle with reasonable people, you mix with them, jobs are more, opportunities are more.

Wat is this one saying.. aside from Obalende Nd dolphin area, Ikoyi is the best place to live in island, falomo, Osborne, banana island.. u want to compare rent in falomo to phase 1?
You obviously don't know what a sane life js, u pay rent of 4m and the water coming from you tap is red, that's sane, or the endless flood in your estate after pay huge rent, that sounds sane to u huh.. reasonable people u say , Lekki is packed with olosho and yahoo boys, all the way to 1004, or Ikoyi where Nigerian politicians built houses that no one can rent, except their class.. over 70% of people working in VI stay on the mainland, the others around Ajah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Mizwisdom(f): 9:15pm On Feb 18, 2019
miketayo:

Wat is this one saying.. aside from Obalende Nd dolphin area, Ikoyi is the best place to live in island, falomo, Osborne, banana island.. u want to compare rent in falomo to phase 1?
You obviously don't know what a sane life js, u pay rent of 4m and the water coming from you tap is red, that's sane, or the endless flood in your estate after pay huge rent, that sounds sane to u huh.. reasonable people u say , Lekki is packed with olosho and yahoo boys, all the way to 1004, or Ikoyi where Nigerian politicians built houses that no one can rent, except their class.. over 70% of people working in VI stay on the mainland, the others around Ajah.

I don't think you even understand what you're typing, Obalende? grin grin grin Are all house rent in Lekki, 4m?
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by olas24u(f): 10:12pm On Feb 18, 2019
jackyraw09:

see this robot saying something about “my country” - you must be ignorant if you think this place we call a country is not a piece of poker table being played by our politicians.

I’m actually bored so you got two replies, don’t direct your next bark at me, direct it to yourself and ur contemporaries who have been old enough to witness the rot in this system for the past two decades but aren’t brave enough to question the system. How many countries have you visited in your life to know and compare and constrast with Nigeria

Yet brave to play down the dreams of youngsters who choose to aim different, live different by instilling limiting beliefs in them by saying “ you are young, you are a kid, you are not experienced” ——- ces la vie old woman
remote control
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by olas24u(f): 10:15pm On Feb 18, 2019
jackyraw09:

I’m actually bored so you got two replies, don’t direct your next bark at me, direct it to yourself and ur contemporaries who have been old enough to witness the rot in this system for the past two decades but aren’t brave enough to question the system.

How many countries have you visited to be Able to confirm that Nigeria is rubbish

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by olas24u(f): 10:16pm On Feb 18, 2019
jackyraw09:

Which dreams of youngsters,lekki is driven by corrupt money

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by olas24u(f): 10:18pm On Feb 18, 2019
jackyraw09:

Is ur relative among those that did it? If not, it’s not none of your lineages business. Just shush and focus on expanding your own generations wealth, get your mind out of that box old woman !

Seems living in lekki is the definition of success to you.lol
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by miketayo(m): 10:24pm On Feb 18, 2019
Mizwisdom:

I don't think you even understand what you're typing, Obalende? grin grin grin Are all house rent in Lekki, 4m?

I don't think u understand English or u didn't read properly "aside" .. I was giving examples I know people paying 4m and still see flood plus dirty water
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by adebayosun02: 10:55am On Feb 21, 2019
Quorax:
lol... I was advised to buy within an estate. Didn't you? Abi estate too no pure ni?

Sir/Ma if you care to buy/acquire a genuine land that is FREE from GOVERNMENT ACQUISITION, Land within EXCISION, land that is dry and upland, land that is free from any form of tussle of either families or communities. The land in question is located at Igango Orudu, Ibeju Lekki, Lagos. With verifiable gazette number 29, Volume 27, published in 1st September, 1994.

Furthermore, am Registered Surveyor. Should you, your friends, colleague, relatives, church, mosque, club, societies and company need services of a Surveyor. We will be glad to render the survey services professionally to them all at a reasonable fees.
Survey services such as
1. Perimeter/Properties Surveys
2. Land Subdivision/Layout Surveys
3. Land information charting
4. Estate/As-Built Surveys
5. Land Search surveys
6. Topographical surveys
7. Setting-Out Surveys.
8. Levelling/Engineering Surveys
9. Hydrographic Surveys
10. Geophysical/Geotechnical/Soil test Surveys
11. Civil Works

Thank you.

Am live on:-
Tel:- 08036484610
Email:- shorerexconsulting@gmail.com
Surv. S. Mayowa

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by erenax: 4:42am On Feb 22, 2019
Hotfreeze:

Have they allocated your portion to you?
Try to take a surveyor there to check your portion if it's not committed land.

If it is committed, sell it!

Sell a committed land , why?
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by ahiboilandgas: 1:55pm On Feb 22, 2019
Capensis:
The Advantages of living here in Lekki are numerous and out-weighs the disadvantages.

Advantages:
1. The Air is cleaner than the mainland because it is a Peninsular, the Atlantic Wind blows across and engages with the lagoon breeze, so you are always sure of clean air, especially in developed areas. The exception to this clean air norm is new estates that are springing up. Will be clean air after construction is perfected. Mainland air is somehow static, hardly flows.

2. What you see is what you become. When you see better-designed homes and offices than yours, you are challenged to note that you are not the wealthiest guy in town, so you end up working harder to earn more. The challenge leads to success, whereas if you are living in some mainland places, I supposed you could think you are the reigning champ.

3. The Atlantic Ocean; Nothing as great as taking a walk at the beach every weekend for me and this you can't find at the mainland, I supposed. Haven't lived on the mainland, so I don't know if there are beaches there.

4. High Networth neighbors; I suppose everyone has generators, but here, most generators are soundproof and actually big generators. We have more educated neighbors who know that these neighborhood do not need those yeye noisy generators and will look stupid if they even use such crazy stuff.

5. Until recently, we used to have educated drivers on the road, before the inflow of street guys who now drive like mor0ns and recently, I am forced to think that this once serene place will become the abode of wannabees who think Lekki is a place to live cos of hype.

6. Lekkians have more millions per sqm than any other part of the country, here the bills can make one run crazy sometimes. Sometimes a million is not enough per week but has no choice than to strategize on how to earn in billions, so we also have more billions per sqm than mainland. Probably of that guy taking a walk on the roadside in short being a billionaire is high and you'd never get to know, cos the very wealthy do not patronize the useless fashion trends.

Etc Etc ETc

Disadvantages:
1. Underground water is a salty, rusty mess. You cant drink from your borehole or bath with it, you must treat it. So, to have clean water, you need to prepare to install RO machine. It set me back over 5m to install the system to have clean water to drink, bath and cook with. Cant even wash my expensive cars with the borehole water. So, the water plant installation is not enough, you have to backwash and service the machine every 3 months, at least for mine. So it is expensive to even have water.

2. Single Stretch of Road and Deadly drivers, since the mainland guys started moving here. The government needs to construct the coastal road to help us out.

3. Taxation: Electricity & Land Use Charge levies & taxations are high, but we can almost always handle.

4. Mosquitoes here have BSc in painful bite. Be ready to research for, and install world class net system to keep these organic landlords away. They can bite if you have them in your home.

5. Gated communities and loneliness: Talk about living in homes and you do not even know the name of your neighbor or even seen his face once in many years. I am known, but I doubt if I will ever know the neighbor that owns the house across the road opposite my residence. People are either too busy or too careless about what others do, and have no time to fuccking care who the next dog is, but people are mostly nice and would love to have a drink together, but we are almost always busy except we attend Estate meetings.

6. Criminal Staff; Seems most staff you hire come prepared to steal. Some things as simple as golden wares, silver spoons, kitchen towels etc seem very fanciful to domestic staff, who are mostly from poor neighborhoods, so we always have these items missing and have to keep replacing and one wonders if we are targetted by the nation of the poor.

More disadvantages too, that is why I have decided to move to Silicon Valley, California if Buhari wins.
good write up...my billionaire oga stay there and own a nice hotels in lekki to but people hardly know him that he even a billionaire....

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by pulsa(m): 1:51pm On Mar 28, 2020
ednut1:
be like i be victim too o. Excision in progress since 2016. Promise of allocation since 2017
how far bro e finally excise?
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by hstar: 5:12pm On Mar 19, 2021
I've learnt a lot from this thread, as I just relocated to Lekki
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by Deutschfrau001: 12:44pm On Jun 02, 2021
The Advantages of living here in Lekki are numerous and out-weighs the disadvantages.

Advantages:
1. The Air is cleaner than the mainland because it is a Peninsular, the Atlantic Wind blows across and engages with the lagoon breeze, so you are always sure of clean air, especially in developed areas. The exception to this clean air norm is new estates that are springing up. Will be clean air after construction is perfected. Mainland air is somehow static, hardly flows.

2. What you see is what you become. When you see better-designed homes and offices than yours, you are challenged to note that you are not the wealthiest guy in town, so you end up working harder to earn more. The challenge leads to success, whereas if you are living in some mainland places, I supposed you could think you are the reigning champ.

3. The Atlantic Ocean; Nothing as great as taking a walk at the beach every weekend for me and this you can't find at the mainland, I supposed. Haven't lived on the mainland, so I don't know if there are beaches there.

4. High Networth neighbors; I suppose everyone has generators, but here, most generators are soundproof and actually big generators. We have more educated neighbors who know that these neighborhood do not need those yeye noisy generators and will look stupid if they even use such crazy stuff.

5. Until recently, we used to have educated drivers on the road, before the inflow of street guys who now drive like mor0ns and recently, I am forced to think that this once serene place will become the abode of wannabees who think Lekki is a place to live cos of hype.

6. Lekkians have more millions per sqm than any other part of the country, here the bills can make one run crazy sometimes. Sometimes a million is not enough per week but has no choice than to strategize on how to earn in billions, so we also have more billions per sqm than mainland. Probably of that guy taking a walk on the roadside in short being a billionaire is high and you'd never get to know, cos the very wealthy do not patronize the useless fashion trends.

Etc Etc ETc

Disadvantages:
1. Underground water is a salty, rusty mess. You cant drink from your borehole or bath with it, you must treat it. So, to have clean water, you need to prepare to install RO machine. It set me back over 5m to install the system to have clean water to drink, bath and cook with. Cant even wash my expensive cars with the borehole water. So, the water plant installation is not enough, you have to backwash and service the machine every 3 months, at least for mine. So it is expensive to even have water.

2. Single Stretch of Road and Deadly drivers, since the mainland guys started moving here. The government needs to construct the coastal road to help us out.

3. Taxation: Electricity & Land Use Charge levies & taxations are high, but we can almost always handle.

4. Mosquitoes here have BSc in painful bite. Be ready to research for, and install world class net system to keep these organic landlords away. They can bite if you have them in your home.

5. Gated communities and loneliness: Talk about living in homes and you do not even know the name of your neighbor or even seen his face once in many years. I am known, but I doubt if I will ever know the neighbor that owns the house across the road opposite my residence. People are either too busy or too careless about what others do, and have no time to fuccking care who the next dog is, but people are mostly nice and would love to have a drink together, but we are almost always busy except we attend Estate meetings.

6. Criminal Staff; Seems most staff you hire come prepared to steal. Some things as simple as golden wares, silver spoons, kitchen towels etc seem very fanciful to domestic staff, who are mostly from poor neighborhoods, so we always have these items missing and have to keep replacing and one wonders if we are targetted by the nation of the poor.

More disadvantages too, that is why I have decided to move to Silicon Valley, California if Buhari wins.

God I need a job at lekki... Going to live with my aunty next week
Re: What Are The Benefits Of Living In Lekki? by bull67: 5:34am On Dec 16, 2021
i think magodo area is better. It also near to the airport.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

One Word For The Driver Of This Overloaded Bus (Photos) / Anambra Int'l Airport: Passengers Picking Their Luggages From Carousel: Video / Nigerian Birth Certificate Needed From The National Population Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.