Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,755 members, 7,875,894 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:02 AM

Christians Should Drink Alcohol - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Should Drink Alcohol (437 Views)

Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / 75 Biblical Reasons Why You Should Not Drink Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Should Drink Alcohol by Jokovic1(m): 8:11am On Feb 17, 2019
Come and drink alcohol
No am not in the mood

So you would have drank it if you were in the mood?

God did not drink alcohol before he became the most high

To a Christian, alcohol is poison
Don't drink it
And don't sell it

If God cannot give you a genuine business idea, then you're not a genuine born again
You're just fluctuating

If you drink lacasera will you die?

Even Satan dosen't drink alcohol
He's always in his right senses to pull you down
Re: Christians Should Drink Alcohol by Smony: 8:30am On Feb 17, 2019
9ce one bro. let he who has ear hear what d spirit is sayin.

1 Like

Re: Christians Should Drink Alcohol by JJOF(m): 10:54am On Feb 17, 2019
Is there any scriptural back up 4 ur claim?
Re: Christians Should Drink Alcohol by Jokovic1(m): 11:51am On Feb 17, 2019
JJOF:
Is there any scriptural back up 4 ur claim?

Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.
Proverbs:20:1

Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.
Proverbs:31:6

alcohol is very bad for a born again Christian

only Jesus can cure depression
taste him and you will get high

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Should Drink Alcohol by JJOF(m): 12:21pm On Feb 17, 2019
Jokovic1:

Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.
Proverbs:20:1

Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.
Proverbs:31:6

alcohol is very bad for a born again Christian

only Jesus can cure depression
taste him and you will get high
N who told u evry1 who takes alcohol takes it to cure depression?
Re: Christians Should Drink Alcohol by Jokovic1(m): 12:47pm On Feb 17, 2019
JJOF:

N who told u evry1 who takes alcohol takes it to cure depression?

so why do people take it?
can you encourage people to take it because of your own reason ?

i know your conscience is disturbed

am not a super man
i myself was in that department

and you shouldn't be asking these questions if u are a born again Christian

once the issue of quitting alcohol becomes a burden to you, then you may be a part time Christian
Re: Christians Should Drink Alcohol by JJOF(m): 1:26pm On Feb 17, 2019
Jokovic1:

so why do people take it?
can you encourage people to take it because of your own reason ?

i know your conscience is disturbed

am not a super man
i myself was in that department

and you shouldn't be asking these questions if u are a born again Christian

once the issue of quitting alcohol becomes a burden to you, then you may be a part time Christian

Actually i dnt take alcohol, although i've taken a little quantity b4. The problem is not with d substance, but with d motive behind taking it, n d possibility of taking excess. I myself dnt advice pple to take alcohol, cus it's addictive, but it's wrong 4 u to tag alcohol sin.
Re: Christians Should Drink Alcohol by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 17, 2019
Everything God created is good, every produce of the land he has given to us is good, tagging one a sin is lack of understanding of the goodness of God towards All.
Re: Christians Should Drink Alcohol by vincentus16: 8:17am On Feb 22, 2019
If u tag taking alcohol a sin then y did God make palm wine because its a natural drink that contains alcohol. Go and read the culture of Israelites. The wine they used for passover is alcohol. It ferments. That's y saint Paul will in his letter tell u not to get drunk.
Re: Christians Should Drink Alcohol by ShinqRambq: 10:05am On Feb 22, 2019
Shut up!,alcohol isn't a sin,same as smokin,d only tin u can preach to pipo abt dem is modesty.Eatin too much junk food is dangerous to ur body just lyk alcohol but will u call eatin junk-food a sin Anoda dumb xtian folk to deal wit here
Re: Christians Should Drink Alcohol by UceeGod: 5:47pm On Feb 22, 2019
God didn't condemn it doesn't mean God approves it. Our lives as Christians is only about glorifying God - that means everything we do as children of should glorify Him. Now ask yourself if you're a Christian, does drinking alcohol glorify God or is it just for yourself.
Re: Christians Should Drink Alcohol by UceeGod: 5:47pm On Feb 22, 2019
God didn't condemn it doesn't mean God approves it. Our lives as Christians is only about glorifying God and not ourselves - that means everything we do as children of God should glorify Him and not just for our personal pleasure. Now ask yourself if you're a Christian, does drinking alcohol glorify God or is it just for yourself.
Re: Christians Should Drink Alcohol by authehighness: 5:52am On Feb 23, 2019
taking alchol is not sin,don't call unclean what God has not called unclean,don't act like jews living under law,the spirit we received has given us power of self control,i drink responsible and wisely,i am not a drunk,alchol is not sin,if you don't take it fine but don't condemn or deceive people

1 Like

Re: Christians Should Drink Alcohol by jcross19: 8:45am On Feb 23, 2019
Jokovic1:
Come and drink alcohol
No am not in the mood

So you would have drank it if you were in the mood?

God did not drink alcohol before he became the most high

To a Christian, alcohol is poison
Don't drink it
And don't sell it

If God cannot give you a genuine business idea, then you're not a genuine born again
You're just fluctuating

If you drink lacasera will you die?

Even Satan dosen't drink alcohol
He's always in his right senses to pull you down
where is written that alcohol is a sin? the issue is that we lack the basic knowledge of word of God the reason why Christians of our are avoiding it is because I'd they should permit people will abuse it and it will damage the image of Christianity. even Paul encouraged Christians to drink. even Jesus did drink. according to the book Mathew 11 vs 19. whatever you eat or drink without faith is a sin to you. better avoid to drink and what I saw in the Bible is drunk not drink.

(1) (Reply)

Failed Attempt On The Life Of Dr Olukoya / Tension On Plane As Ooni Of Ife's Performs Spiritual Rites / Members welcome their pastor, arrested, last week, for staging fake miracle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.