Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,120 members, 7,973,777 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 06:33 AM

Dr. Laura Schlessinger Says The "n" Word 11 Times On The Air! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dr. Laura Schlessinger Says The "n" Word 11 Times On The Air! (967 Views)

Laura Ikeji Travels With New Clothes To Yankee / Linda Ikeji Acquires A New Mansion... Laura Praises Her / Pregnant Silverbird Staff Murdered, Stabbed 11 Times! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr. Laura Schlessinger Says The "n" Word 11 Times On The Air! by omar22(m): 6:20am On Aug 25, 2010
Your opinion please,

I dont know to put the whole youtube up on this page,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgWbjdBjTb0
Re: Dr. Laura Schlessinger Says The "n" Word 11 Times On The Air! by Dolemite(f): 7:43pm On Aug 25, 2010
Context, I don't think she's racist. . .the N word has an ugly history regardless of the race of the person using it, it's a derogatory word none the less. . .I don't know, should white people be able to use the word? why is it ok for a black man to debase another black man with that word but not a white man?
Re: Dr. Laura Schlessinger Says The "n" Word 11 Times On The Air! by mamagee3(f): 12:06am On Aug 26, 2010
Dr.Laura Schlessinger is one crazy racial biased fool. ,

I can't believe she even had the guts to come on television and blame the society for her rude and nasty comment.

I don't blame her, I blame the society for letting this happen. . .If only racists like her go to jail for every racial comment they make, this world would have been so much better.
Re: Dr. Laura Schlessinger Says The "n" Word 11 Times On The Air! by tpiah: 1:12am On Aug 26, 2010
too much going on in this world.

i guess the woman who called her shouldnt have bothered, or else should have talked to a black tv host.

btw didnt some groups hold a funeral or something for this word a few years ago.

since both blacks and whites continue using it, i guess nothing's changed.

some views and comments here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/richard-adams-blog/2010/aug/13/dr-laura-schlessinger-n-word
Re: Dr. Laura Schlessinger Says The "n" Word 11 Times On The Air! by Outstrip(f): 1:17am On Aug 26, 2010
What does black people using the word have to do with the hurt that comes from white people using the word. Sometimes I get confused about people's thought process. This heifer is a racist. It's not everyday you think about someone you have never met and just dislike them. She is definitely that thing for me. That word is so ugly that I cannot even imagine why they let her finish that show. Dumb cow.
Re: Dr. Laura Schlessinger Says The "n" Word 11 Times On The Air! by chiogo(f): 1:33am On Aug 26, 2010
^^ She may be a little racist, talking about White people voted for Obama and he's Black. Child, please! He's bi-racial.

But I agree with her on the Black guys using the N-word thing. Let's be honest here, it makes no sense to refer to yourself as something and get offended when others use the same reference on you. I've always said this about the N-word. The only way the word can be completely abolished is when Black people themselves stop using it to refer to either themselves or other Black people. Crying foul while still using the word would yield absolutely no result.

And anybody notice how the word, 'Cracker' doesn't have the same effect even though it's also meant to be derogatory? The history of the N-word is far far deeper and it's sad how many African Americans of this generation have come to accept it. It's still a hurtful word because they were an oppressed group when it was used on them, White people were never and are still not an oppressed group in America. That's the big difference.
Re: Dr. Laura Schlessinger Says The "n" Word 11 Times On The Air! by Outstrip(f): 1:46am On Aug 26, 2010
But that is where you are wrong. You say notice how "you" call yourself the "N" word. So because some black people use it for themselves means that every black person should be okay with being called a nigger by a white person. That is crazy. We have people alive today whose parents were hung and called niggers as they were hung from a tree. This is crazy that anybody not just black people can even say that they can understand were she is coming from. The woman is a lunatic racist animal.
Re: Dr. Laura Schlessinger Says The "n" Word 11 Times On The Air! by chiogo(f): 1:53am On Aug 26, 2010
Never did I say it was okay. It's not okay for ANYONE but the Black people who use it would beg to differ. You think their ancestors who were lynched while being called the N-word are smiling down at some of this generation who have now accepted the word? Who do you think they'd be more mad at? White people who used it to increase their self-worth while degrading another or some Black people who use it today after many blood have been shed to gain freedom? I'm sure not all Black people use it but a large number of them do and they probably out-number the White people who use it. . .openly. My point is Black people should work on themselves first before getting outsiders to change something many of them are still unwilling to change about themselves. The real problem is within.
Re: Dr. Laura Schlessinger Says The "n" Word 11 Times On The Air! by Outstrip(f): 1:58am On Aug 26, 2010
Did the woman who called say she uses the N-word? I guess you completely missed the point. Anyway the woman is the fool coming on there to complain. If her husband does not see the need to kick them out of her home then she is a fool for staying married to him
Re: Dr. Laura Schlessinger Says The "n" Word 11 Times On The Air! by chiogo(f): 2:08am On Aug 26, 2010
No, she didn't say that she uses the N-word and her grievance is justified. But she said they emphasized on the word, 'Black' not the N-word. I don't even know how the N-word came in but I don't think her husband's family and their neighbors explicitly used the N-word on her. I don't see what this Laura woman was supposed to tell her when her own husband doesn't care, probably a racist too and you wonder how they even got married.
Re: Dr. Laura Schlessinger Says The "n" Word 11 Times On The Air! by bgees(m): 10:56pm On Aug 26, 2010
The 'N' word going by its origins was never derogatory. It is the way it was used later on that makes it seem derogatory now.

(1) (Reply)

Beyonce Is A Comic-book Hero: / Beyonce Wants More Babies With Jay-z / Popular Star Akon Attends Banky W's Birthday Party In Lagos!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.