Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,234 members, 7,887,649 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:53 AM

Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) (42023 Views)

Italian Kills Nigerian Wife For Filing For Divorce After Three-Year Marriage / Italian Man Kills Nigerian Prostitute Over Poor Performance (Pics) / Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping A Doctor (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by Nobody: 11:04pm On Feb 17, 2019
Omoluabi16:
This is sad. Another fallen hero.
I thought medical soldiers are not active in the field, but are stationed at their barracks?
They do. It depends on your contract though but no matter the contract, combat training is a must. Again, I don't really know much about Nigeria military contracts.

1 Like

Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by valx2: 11:04pm On Feb 17, 2019
Rest in peace aka ewu. Too bad you died for a country that don't value your life.
Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by LarryHooper: 11:05pm On Feb 17, 2019
Cowmilk:
Was a brother and colleague.. A life full of dreams and potential just snuffed out like dat...

This country is really messed up

Rest on bj till we meet again

U kept on reassuring me u weren't posted to the north East..

May God give ur family the fortitude to bear the loss

Words cannot express my countenance
What year did he graduate from COHS?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by Akuruoulo(m): 11:09pm On Feb 17, 2019
Another army person go pose tomorrow
Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by Lymasaba(m): 11:10pm On Feb 17, 2019
BORNTOSUCKPUSSY:
They take you from your village in ogbomoso to go and sacrifice ur life in borno for almajiri wey no go school
ur moniker tells me everything
Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by Omoluabi16(m): 11:15pm On Feb 17, 2019
MajorJeffery:
They do. It depends on your contract though but no matter the contract, combat training is a must. Again, I don't really know much about Nigeria military contracts.
Sad outcome unfortunately. We seem to have accepted this boko haram thing. The more lives lost, less empathy. Less zeal to fully eliminate them. Not Buhari or atiku has even given a clear insight on his to finish these bastards off.
Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by bizzibodi(m): 11:23pm On Feb 17, 2019
Ellyboy01:
when atiku is declared as the winner
Is Atiku bh sponsor or c.i.c?
Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by neyobills: 11:26pm On Feb 17, 2019
OMG I'm so shocked Its actually someone I had known way back,may your rest in the innermost bosom of the Almighty gallant hero.

And here is a call to all youths that have to opportunity to travel to do so if possible,Nigeria isn't worth the sacrifice of such bright minds.

1 Like

Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by TruthinAction: 11:29pm On Feb 17, 2019
stephenduru:
A Nigerian soldier and medical doctor identified as Akewukereke Babatunde has been killed by Boko Haram.According to his friend identified as Davidson who shared the news,the deceased was killed on Feb 16 by the insurgents. Here is what he wrote.....

'Boko Haram Just took one of our own on the 16th of February 2019
Here’s Akewukereke Babatunde, popularly known as BJ back in school days; my humble quiet school mate, class mate, friend and brother back in the College of Medicine University of Ilorin.
Here is the atrocity of a failed nation and innocent blood in the hands of those who still support the failed leaders.
Woe betides these leaders and their ignorant supporters.
May this brave soldier and a brilliant Medical Doctor rest in perfect peace'.

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2019/2018 /boko-haram-kill-nigerian-soldier.html

I just knew he must come from the south. I know the northerners are more in the army. Why are they not posted to fight the Boko Haram? Is this not ethnic cleansing even among our soldiers?

3 Likes

Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by kingthreatz: 11:38pm On Feb 17, 2019
Why waste a medical doctor in the war scene instead of using him to save wounded soldiers

1 Like

Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by Cmanforall: 11:48pm On Feb 17, 2019
miracood:
u had a degree in medicine...(something many people will die to get)

den wat on earth made u join the shitty scam called the nigerian military
Most times there are frustrations to go into residency, which could have been his first option. Alternatively, joining the forces seem to be a way to be part of the federal government structure.
To know how challenging it is for a placement for residency, try visiting a federal /university hospital during an interview date. You'll be shocked with thousands of doctors seeking for a very very limited positions.

May God grant his soul eternal rest.
Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by lastempero: 11:49pm On Feb 17, 2019
Fron his pose in one of the pics,it is obvious that this by was fighting in the war front instead of attending to the sick soldiers.A failed system!!!

1 Like

Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by doclatom(m): 12:05am On Feb 18, 2019
Tunde broke up with his long time love late last year. The lady practically was broken completely. I had to do my best to console. The same lady has been so torn up since she got the news this morning. I'm still consoling her. Tunde, RIP. She loves you. She honestly loves you. It's all too damn late now.

3 Likes

Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by diver006: 12:18am On Feb 18, 2019
BrainnewsRadio:
When will this boko haram madness end?
when we stop supporting people that squandered our 2.2 bn dollars Arms money
Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by diver006: 12:21am On Feb 18, 2019
Dasuki , 2.2bn dollars
Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by Buffalowings3(m): 12:28am On Feb 18, 2019
chrisifeanyi:

Bro medicine is overrated. I know two doctors who are currently jobless. I know another who's underpaid in a private hospital. Is not easy anywhere. Na to go north sure pass for doctors because Northern states easily employ doctors. No course is passport to wealth. Is just grace.
So true..
Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by enomakos(m): 12:35am On Feb 18, 2019
Rest in peace
Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by Onwestephen4rea(m): 12:36am On Feb 18, 2019
Rip
Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by cattylove7(f): 1:36am On Feb 18, 2019
dont blame him its ngrn condition that forced him 2 join d military www.cattylovegist.com
Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by AFONJACOW(m): 2:41am On Feb 18, 2019
lemme see how his family will vote for lifeless clown sai Barbar
Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by stanliwise(m): 2:56am On Feb 18, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:
The truth is that nobody forced him to buy job. He knew what he was getting into before he signed up.
Soldiers didn't bargain to die out of sabotage and lack of weapons. Don't get things mixed up.

2 Likes

Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by haryothosyn93(m): 3:46am On Feb 18, 2019
I kept on dreaming every nights that I still want to become an officer of Nigerian Army, DSSC and SSC had dropped me off but I still believe they will still call me back for the training.

Something must kill a man

1 Like

Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by Olawalesmarter(m): 3:56am On Feb 18, 2019
stanliwise:
Soldiers didn't bargain to die out of sabotage and lack of weapons. Don't get things mixed up.

Soldiers will die even with the Best Weapon, that's the truth
Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by miky(m): 4:39am On Feb 18, 2019
Borno or maiduguri is not worth fighting for!!

It produces nothing, its home to the poor an uneducated..

Why do we fight to keep it in Nigeria?

Let them go form their useless 1slamic nation or whatever!!! will probably be another war torn african country depending on aid

1 Like

Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by Talknochip(m): 5:13am On Feb 18, 2019
This is so saddening!! ...May God bless and Rest his precious soul.. Only God will reward him and his family for the ultimate price he paid cos this ungrateful Lie, sick fraud called country will never do. RIP bro. May God comfort your family and Loved Ones.
Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by lastmessenger: 5:47am On Feb 18, 2019
Still some one nigerianist will not see this and drop thay silly idea.every part of this country must wake to demand for their own country. I'm sure bokoharam will be a thing of the past if we all go our separate ways.

1 Like

Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by Nobody: 5:53am On Feb 18, 2019
...ignorant followers indeed. The doctor's colleague couldn't have said it any better. They no longer report the death of soldiers. What's paramount in their mind is how they'd win election again with all manner of lies as they did in 2015, then continue with their systematic loot again. Awon ole. This govt isn't worth a pant of blood of anybody.

1 Like

Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by Yoighaman(m): 6:24am On Feb 18, 2019
Omoluabi16:
This is sad. Another fallen hero.
I thought medical soldiers are not active in the field, but are stationed at their barracks?

They are usually on the field as well....to attend to casualties and emergencies.

May his soul RIP.
Re: Akewukereke Babatunde: Boko Haram Kills Nigerian Soldier & Doctor(photos) by hardbody: 6:37am On Feb 18, 2019
chrisifeanyi:

Bro medicine is overrated. I know two doctors who are currently jobless. I know another who's underpaid in a private hospital. Is not easy anywhere. Na to go north sure pass for doctors because Northern states easily employ doctors. No course is passport to wealth. Is just grace.

You are so right. If you are a doctor, the advantage you may have is that you could get jobs quicker in Saudi Arabia. Back here in Nigeria, there is no certainty irrespective of the course you studied. I still have wretched doctor colleagues. Infact I was discussing with another colleague yesterday and we realized most of our colleagues who had become commissioners and attorneys general in their states were the ones we looked down upon in the uni. The guy who has become a SAN graduated with a 3 class. It's just God all the way.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Airman Arraigned For Theft Of N20m Mistakenly Credited To His Account / 18-Year-Old Boy Defiles His Neighbour's 4-Year-Old Granddaughter In Adamawa / Pastor Mike Oliseh Rapes Church Member’s Twin Daughters In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.