Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,617 members, 7,888,970 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:30 PM

Man Narrates Killing A Lion With His Bare Hands - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Narrates Killing A Lion With His Bare Hands (312 Views)

Man Kills Lion With Bare Hands In Benue / Man Narrates How He Survived Being 'Brutally Stabbed' 12 Times (Photo) / Man Fight Lion, Killed It With His Bare Hands (photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Narrates Killing A Lion With His Bare Hands by dailyng: 6:27pm On Feb 17, 2019
Last Monday, Travis Kauffman went for a [size=8pt]run near Fort Collins, Colorado. Little did he know his workout would include suffocating a mountain lion.

“I feel like I should go buy a bunch of lottery tickets,” he said.

Authorities on Thursday identified Kauffman as the runner who won a fight to the death struggle last week after the cat ambushed him along the trail.

Kauffman — a 31-year-old who moved to Fort Collins about five years ago to live a more active, outdoor lifestyle — described the nightmarish experience in a February 11 interview with Colorado Parks and Wildlife. A video of that interview was shown to reporters on Thursday, and Kauffman repeated his account at a press conference afterward.

“It was just pure adrenaline,” he told reporters. “There was a certain point where I just kind of imagined being stuck on this hillside and eventually just having a cat gnaw at me, which is a creepy way to go. But, for the most part, the adrenaline just kept kicking in at those moments.”

Kauffman was running in the Horsetooth Mountain Open Space on February 4 when he heard the rustling of pine needles somewhere behind him.

He typically wouldn’t have turned his head to look, assuming the noise belonged to a smaller “woodland creature.”

“But in the back of my mind there’s always that thought that it could be something else,” Kauffman said. “And that something else this time happened to be a mountain lion.”

“I just kind of had my heart sink into my stomach a little bit,” Kauffman said.

The cat was about 10 feet away, said Kauffman, and he threw up his arms and began yelling in an attempt to scare the animal off.

It didn’t work.

The cat pounced, latching its jaws around Kauffman’s wrist as he tried to protect his face from the claws scratching at his face and legs.

He tried to throw the cat off of him, but both man and lion tumbled down a slope, and a “wrestling match” ensued, Kauffman said.

He eventually managed to pin down the cat’s back legs as he reached for sticks and rocks to strike the mountain lion and force it off of him. All the while his arm was still trapped in the cat’s mouth.

Read more and watch video via link below:

http://www.dailyng.com.ng/man-narrates-killing-a-lion-with-his-bare-hands/
Re: Man Narrates Killing A Lion With His Bare Hands by Wizklynd23(m): 6:28pm On Feb 17, 2019
shocked

Samson of our Time cheesy
Re: Man Narrates Killing A Lion With His Bare Hands by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 17, 2019
Na David brother en be................
Lie lie
Re: Man Narrates Killing A Lion With His Bare Hands by blackpanther22: 6:54pm On Feb 17, 2019
dailyng:
Last Monday, Travis Kauffman went for a [size=8pt]run near Fort Collins, Colorado. Little did he know his workout would include suffocating a mountain lion.

“I feel like I should go buy a bunch of lottery tickets,” he said.

Authorities on Thursday identified Kauffman as the runner who won a fight to the death struggle last week after the cat ambushed him along the trail.

Kauffman — a 31-year-old who moved to Fort Collins about five years ago to live a more active, outdoor lifestyle — described the nightmarish experience in a February 11 interview with Colorado Parks and Wildlife. A video of that interview was shown to reporters on Thursday, and Kauffman repeated his account at a press conference afterward.

“It was just pure adrenaline,” he told reporters. “There was a certain point where I just kind of imagined being stuck on this hillside and eventually just having a cat gnaw at me, which is a creepy way to go. But, for the most part, the adrenaline just kept kicking in at those moments.”

Kauffman was running in the Horsetooth Mountain Open Space on February 4 when he heard the rustling of pine needles somewhere behind him.

He typically wouldn’t have turned his head to look, assuming the noise belonged to a smaller “woodland creature.”

“But in the back of my mind there’s always that thought that it could be something else,” Kauffman said. “And that something else this time happened to be a mountain lion.”

“I just kind of had my heart sink into my stomach a little bit,” Kauffman said.

The cat was about 10 feet away, said Kauffman, and he threw up his arms and began yelling in an attempt to scare the animal off.

It didn’t work.

The cat pounced, latching its jaws around Kauffman’s wrist as he tried to protect his face from the claws scratching at his face and legs.

He tried to throw the cat off of him, but both man and lion tumbled down a slope, and a “wrestling match” ensued, Kauffman said.

He eventually managed to pin down the cat’s back legs as he reached for sticks and rocks to strike the mountain lion and force it off of him. All the while his arm was still trapped in the cat’s mouth.

Read more and watch video via link below:

http://www.dailyng.com.ng/man-narrates-killing-a-lion-with-his-bare-hands/

Samson

(1) (Reply)

Ten Benefits Of Using Organic Honey / Our Body Needs Approximately 16 Cups Of Water Daily / 2 Bedroom Flat To Let At Ojodu Berger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.