Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,777 members, 7,941,929 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 03:58 PM

Snatch Ballot Boxes And Risk Your Life - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Snatch Ballot Boxes And Risk Your Life - Buhari (319 Views)

Leading Nigeria One Of Hardest Challenges In Life, Buhari Says In Sallah Message / Sound Sultan Was Kind, Lived An Exemplary Life – Buhari / Snatch Ballot Box, Pay With Your Life, Buhari Declares ON February 18 (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Snatch Ballot Boxes And Risk Your Life - Buhari by Princeverest: 5:44pm On Feb 18, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari gives serious warning to thugs or sponsored individuals who would attempt to snatch ballot boxes would do so at their own risk because security agencies would be on ground to deal with such people ruthlessly and may cause them their lives.

This warning was given during the president`s speech at APC caucus meeting today.

“I want to warn anyone who thinks he has enough influence in his locality who tries to lead thugs to snatch ballot boxes or disturb the voting system will
do so at the expense of his own life,” Buhari said during the ruling All Progressives Congress caucus meeting in Abuja on Monday.

Buhari, who had earlier expressed disappointment in commission over the postponement of the general election said there will not be room for election riggers to carry out their acts.

The President, who is also seeking re-election, said Nigerians believed in INEC after the Commission assured of “complete readiness for the elections.”

The president, however, said he was not afraid of losing the election despite the election postponement and that he was optimistic because he has the support of Nigerians.

“I am not afraid, I went around 36 states to campaign. I think I have gotten enough support across the country,” Buhari said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the APC caucus meeting was called by the party’s national leadership to discuss matters arising from the postponement of the earlier scheduled Feb.16, Presidential and National Assembly elections by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

By the postponement, the Presidential and National Assembly elections will now come up on Feb. 23, while the Governorship and State House of Assembly elections will come up on March 9.

President Buhari said he got the news of the postponement of the election at 4.30 a.m on the election day. He described the action as most unfortunate as the INEC had all the time and resources required to conduct the election.

“After the elections, we have to know exactly what happened, we cannot accept incompetence.

“The Constitution and the laws protect INEC, but they cannot take us for granted. We have to go into details after the elections to find out what happened ” he said.

The President maintained that the APC remains committed to ensuring a free, fair and credible elections.

[https://gossipmattaz..com/2019/02/snatch-ballot-papers-at-expense-of-your.html][www.gossipmattaz..com]

1 Share

Re: Snatch Ballot Boxes And Risk Your Life - Buhari by Mynd44: 6:14pm On Feb 18, 2019

(1)

Your Vote Is Your Birthright, Genevieve Nnaji Tells Nigerians / You Have No Right At The Conduct Of Elections - Atiku To The Military (video) / Itse Sagay: President Buhari’s Order On Ballot Snatching, Benevolent Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.