Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,226 members, 7,977,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 10:55 AM

Kudos To Naija: Omo Ibo Is Best GCSE Student In The Uk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kudos To Naija: Omo Ibo Is Best GCSE Student In The Uk (1163 Views)

5 Things Nigeria Is Best Known For Around The World / Say No To 'NAIJA' - Akunyili / Nigerian Student Achieves Best 2010 Gcse Results In Uk- 15 A* (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Kudos To Naija: Omo Ibo Is Best GCSE Student In The Uk by AkinEgba: 2:37am On Aug 26, 2010
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1305902/GCSE-RESULTS-2010-Record-number-pass-year-early-including-5-year-old.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0xeBMHsP4

Nigerian student achieves best 2010 GCSE results in UK- 15 A*

The supergirl who racked up 15A*

Chidera Ota led the GCSE roll of honour yesterday with 15 A*s.

Chidera, who studied Latin twice a week in her lunch break, has gained a scholarship to attend King's School, Canterbury, where she will study chemistry, physics, biology, maths and further maths A-levels.
    Latin in her lunch break: Chidera Ota got 15A*s in her GCSE.

The 16-year-old pupil at Highsted Grammar School, Sittingbourne, Kent, achieved the grades in English literature and language, maths, statistics, French, German, Latin, history, sociology, chemistry, biology, physics and an IT qualification worth three GCSEs.

Chidera, who lives with her Nigerian-born parents - Uchenna, a GP, and Mercy, a nurse - in the Isle of Sheppey, wants to become a doctor.

She said: 'I stayed home a lot and put a lot of work into my GCSEs. I want to become a doctor so I know it's a very hard and competitive field and I need to do extremely well to get into medicine.
    'I want to go to a top university and have already looked around Oxford and Cambridge. I think I'd like to go to St John's College at Cambridge.'
Re: Kudos To Naija: Omo Ibo Is Best GCSE Student In The Uk by AloyEmeka5: 2:40am On Aug 26, 2010
Re: Kudos To Naija: Omo Ibo Is Best GCSE Student In The Uk by mukina2: 11:21am On Aug 26, 2010
Thanks Aloy.

(1)

The Mystery Behind Gej / Okonjo-iweala, Maduekwe, Others Blast Abia Gov / Whos The New Ogun State Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.