Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,870 members, 7,879,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:27 AM

Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC (42547 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Meets Ramaphosa, Advisory Council Over South African Economy / Nigeria Now Tops South Africa As The Continent's Biggest Economy / Grazing: Miyetti Allah Expresses Shock Over South-East Governors' Decision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by farem: 3:15pm On Feb 20, 2019
tayebest:
God bless Nigeria cool

Sai mai gaskiya
4 + 4 to next level is assured....

4. + 4

on

4 X. 4
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by ZEROOOOOES(m): 3:15pm On Feb 20, 2019
MrAJQ:
This will break heart of the children of hate, the people that hate good news, they hate the little the poor are getting from the government.
They hate Tradermoni
They hate school feeding program
They hate Npower
They hate farmers anchor borrowers
They hate success achieved against Boko Haram
They hate success achieved in rice
They hate success achieved against corruption
They hate fight against ballot box snatchers
They hate to hear farmers-herdsmen truce
They hate one Niger

Some of you gat no brains..How does it translate to food on table,affordable housing ,good roads..Take it or leave it ,Nigeria is a shithole..Most of you fools need to travel out.A buhari supporters is begging me 3k.I get but i no go give am..ThUNDER GO FIRE BUHARI,ALL HIM SUPPORTERS,OBJ,GEJ,ATIKU AND ALL SENSELESS NIGERIANS

We the good people of Nigeria will show them hate on Saturday.
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 20, 2019
MrAJQ:
This will break heart of the children of hate, the people that hate good news, they hate the little the poor are getting from the government.
They hate Tradermoni
They hate Npower
They hate one Nigeria

grin ;S
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by justice2017: 3:17pm On Feb 20, 2019
Salvador1:
Are you in Lagos or you have people in Lagos that want to vote in Anambra state on Saturday? There are free buses on Thursday and Friday.

Send your name and phone number by SMS or WhatsApp only, to 0708 389 0884.

You must show your PVC before boarding.

Vote for PDP for good governance.

Please circulate

Please is this vote buying ?
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by hemor(m): 3:23pm On Feb 20, 2019
philfearon:

Check again bro... You are confusing yourself!!!
LMFAO you're the one confusing yourself, sire.

1.13 is the same as 1.130

So check again and see which is bigger between 1.130 and 1.121

OR

You can round down 1.121 to 2 decimal places to give you 1.12, again compare 1.13 and 1.12 to see which is bigger.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Salvador1: 3:34pm On Feb 20, 2019
justice2017:

Please is this vote buying ?
no sir
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 20, 2019
Olumyco:

Sir do you know what is called economic activities? Population contributes in terms of market but not the main thing. If it were to be by population strictly countries like South Africa, Algeria, Morocco/Angola will not be in top 5 highest GDP in Africa. For your information After Nigeria in terms of population the next country is
Ethiopia followed by Egypt, DR Congo down like that. SA is just appr 55 million, Algeria is apprx 40 million, Morocco is less than 30 mill.... so what are you saying? Nigeria is number 7 in terms of world population so are we in first 20 highest GDP in the world? No! This is the mistake many of us make. There are ways a country can leverage on her population for wealth creation which helps GDP but there are other things like companies, industries, locally made goods, financial policy, government spending, yearly govt budget, debt servicing etc that determines GDP. Get this right Sir.

We are not because our economic activities and Government does not invest in human capital development, all we think about is Infrastructure where’s the population keeps purging, if the Government is wise enough, they will know that it is after you have invested in human capital development, that is when you will see an impact in the economy via private investments.

My point is, The Nigerian population doesn’t have an Economic Advantage because all the Nigerian Government thinks about is INFRASTRUCTURE.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by servercodes001: 3:39pm On Feb 20, 2019
Olumyco:

Sir the guy is right. GDP can either be calculated as nominal which is conversion of goods and services sold in local currency to US dollar or calculated as Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) which is calculating it as if the goods and services were sold directly in US Dollars in US. You can do the research yourself.

GDP is calculated as real or nominal not nominal and ppp
PPP is entirely different
Your explanation is totally wrong
Both of you are hostile illiterates, keep trying to justify your false knowledge
Your problem is I have a degree In economics
LoL

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Caseless: 3:47pm On Feb 20, 2019
mycar:
Checking BBC website

Fake news spotted, edited bbc screenshot.
just like scam emails, they will always emake a mistake, going by the write up if it is something to go by,
**Nigeria comes in at number one with a GDP of $1.121 trillion** No projection from the world bank.

And ** Egypt is second with GDP - $1.13 trillion**.
The World Bank (WB) predicts that the country's economy will increase by 5.7% in 2019.

So, when has 1.121 become bigger than 1.13?

I see fools everywhere! Just create a blog site, type rubbish there, create a thread and the moderator will send it to the front page twice with the speed of light but that of a sensible thread,No, he will close the thread and refer you to another closed thread. You end up going in circles in other to contribute
e pain am. grin
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by saaron(m): 3:52pm On Feb 20, 2019
By their lies you shall know them.
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by NairaMaster1(m): 3:56pm On Feb 20, 2019
MrAJQ:
They hate Tradermoni
They hate Npower
They hate one Nigeria

So, Nigeria wasn't the biggest economy before?

Since 2013 Nigeria became the biggest economy in Africa after our economy was rebased. Google it and see.

This is a campaign news jambite. How comes 1.121 becomes bigger than 1.13?

I first showed my primary 2 son this figures to tell me which is bigger and he said he wish the person wrote it well. That 1.13 is bigger but according to what uncle taught her it should be 1.130

The editor is a certified zombie.
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by TMKsouth: 3:58pm On Feb 20, 2019
[quote author=MrAJQ post=75921874][/quote]

STOP LYING. There isn't a single African country currently with a GDP of over $500billion let alone $1trillion. Fake news.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by NairaMaster1(m): 3:59pm On Feb 20, 2019
Caseless:
e pain am. grin

But that's the truth. .1.121 and 1.13 which is bigger?

Nigeria has been biggest economy since 2013. This was edited for zombies not intellectuals.

Check the figures again.
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by ProWalker: 4:00pm On Feb 20, 2019
God bless Kemi Adeosun whereever she may be
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by geosegun(m): 4:08pm On Feb 20, 2019
ogbonti:

42 billion reserve to 1 trillion overnight? Even America can't achieve that in 4 months, talk less of Naija.... make una no worry, the election was postponed to fool the gullible more with fake news and further intimidate the opposition
..NEWS FLASH, it seems to be working, make una no vex, make una vote for Buhari, snipper producers are waiting to become billionaires when the second term of frustration hit una!

This show your level of ignorance. You better go back to school to learn from the basics. You are a disgrace to every hard working graduate out there. That is if you've achieved a degree (possibly through expo) already.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by mycar: 4:16pm On Feb 20, 2019
philfearon:

Mumu, don't you have brain?
13 or 121, which is bigger?
Seems like fôolishness and hatred has totally blinded you!!!

No wonder, 0.121 is greater than 0.130
Basic mathematics, you no know
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by mycar: 4:18pm On Feb 20, 2019
femi4:
you lack understanding ...."Nigeria has taken over south Africa" that's what the topic says
I know but the data is false, the back up information is wrong,hence the whole story is false
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Uglymugg: 4:22pm On Feb 20, 2019
Chiffy:

Dumber gullible fvck.
Tou have Google. Crosscheck tgis information and cry for you soul because your conscience will not allw you admit that it ia gake news. Nigeria's total GDP is not even up to half of 1 trillion dollars.
Olodo. Google it yourself and see
Dumb fvck, lol
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Colelee: 4:22pm On Feb 20, 2019
omonscloak:
There has to be hard times before the good times. Nigerian are not just patient enough. The say fulani and herdsmen crisis,that has been tackled, people are loosing jobs because corrupt politician don't have money to invest in banks and business. Yes the cost of living has gone but compared to 2years ago when a bag of rice was 21k and dollar above #400. Patient the say it's a virtue and so many Nigerians don't have it . My opinion is Atiku has nothing to offer, he sold Nitel and so many government properties puting so many people out of Job. Check your state or neighbouring state and ask yourself what PDP did as a government. We keep shouting Buhari what have you senator, rep, state governor done to improve your state. Vote wisely, if na PDP u wan vote ok but no insult who wan vote for APC because who you dey support ft decamp tomorrow and em don cause beef between many.
i wish everyone here had your sense of reasoning... things could have been a lot better
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by loswhite(m): 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2019
myboy2111:

But we have double the GDP since then. During Rebasing in 2014 it was $550b but it is now over $1 trillion going by this report. That is monumental progress
going by this fake news...lol. can you ppl just do little investigation to confirm a news.
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 20, 2019
Chukazu:

Are you kidding me?

NIGERIA has overtaken South Africa right from Chukwuma Soludo time at CBN...then officially during rebase of the economy by Okonjo Iwuala, so what is freaking new here?

If you want to know the realities of Buhari's economic Nosedive... check the massive decline in number of registered vehicles

Allow the dullard to be showing us how low his iq is.
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by alezzy13: 4:42pm On Feb 20, 2019
ogbonti:

42 billion reserve to 1 trillion overnight? Even America can't achieve that in 4 months, talk less of Naija.... make una no worry, the election was postponed to fool the gullible more with fake news and further intimidate the opposition
..NEWS FLASH, it seems to be working, make una no vex, make una vote for Buhari, snipper producers are waiting to become billionaires when the second term of frustration hit una!

Olodo. We are talking about the GDP and not foreign reserves. Two very different things
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Xzellentgraphic: 4:59pm On Feb 20, 2019
Fourwinds:

please do your mathematics well ...which bigger. 1.121trillion and 1.13trillion...this is election propaganda... Nonsense... I was looking for date on the TV screen to confirm it is this year and I didn't see it

You are dumb... You suppose to go back to primary school....one trillion, one hundred and twenty one billion dollars....with one trillion, thirteen billion dollars..compare !! Which one is bigger?
Go back to school...my advice to you!
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by Xzellentgraphic: 5:02pm On Feb 20, 2019
mycar:

No wonder, 0.121 is greater than 0.130
Basic mathematics, you no know

You are dumb....you don't know figures....I pity u
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by bjsteve: 5:11pm On Feb 20, 2019
mycar:
Checking BBC website

Fake news spotted, edited bbc screenshot.
just like scam emails, they will always make a mistake, going by the write up if it is something to go by,
**Nigeria comes in at number one with a GDP of $1.121 trillion** No projection from the world bank.

And ** Egypt is second with GDP - $1.13 trillion**.
The World Bank (WB) predicts that the country's economy will increase by 5.7% in 2019.

So, when has 1.121 become bigger than 1.13?

I see fools everywhere! Just create a blog site, type rubbish there, create a thread and the moderator will send it to the front page twice with the speed of light but that of a sensible thread,No, he will close the thread and refer you to another closed thread. You end up going in circles in other to contribute

Zombie spotted
He does not know that 0.13 is bigger than 0.121,
He is the type that will tell you that 0.13 is different from 0.130000000000

Oga the news is real...
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by ogbonti: 5:13pm On Feb 20, 2019
alezzy13:

Olodo. We are talking about the GDP and not foreign reserves. Two very different things

GDP is not the same as reserve, agreed, I thought I was responding to another online forum relating to external reserves someone was talking about. ....Olodo? Hagahaha, I am if that makes you feel better, you seem to be so bitter, why?home u Don chop? Lol, easy oooo
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by RTSC: 5:19pm On Feb 20, 2019
Nigeria overtake South Africa in 2014, when our highest growth rate in history at 7.4%.

It is a shame that these Yoruba apc scumbags are deceiving the gullible.

Can you compare the quality of living in 2014 to 2018?

If not for the fact that South Africa is not enjoying the best of times themselves, they would have overtaken Nigeria since then.

Education and information is very important. So many merchants of falsehood on the prowl.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by danot1030: 5:27pm On Feb 20, 2019
Fourwinds:

please do your mathematics well ...which bigger. 1.121trillion and 1.13trillion...this is election propaganda... Nonsense... I was looking for date on the TV screen to confirm it is this year and I didn't see it

The Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) is reported to have arrested an associate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate,Atiku Abubakar, over alleged laundering of $4 million.

The money is termed “suspicious election cash”, the Nation said.

The arrest followed an intelligence report on a suspicious transaction by a Bureau De Change (BDC) operator.

The Nation had exclusively reported how the PDP reportedly allocated $3million each for “logistics” to its 36 state branches and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

Most Bureau De Change operators and banks have, however, refused the “pressure” to convert the hard currency to Naira.

“A BDC operator was intercepted for shipping $2million from Abuja to Lagos for suspected money laundering,’’ Sources in EFCC is reported to have said.

The source said the BDC operator admitted that the suspect paid the Naira equivalent of $4 million into his account in exchange for hard currency.

“We invited the suspect for interrogation on Monday and Tuesday. Our detectives have also conducted a search of his home. Some useful documents were retrieved. Investigation is, however, still in progress.”

“Apart from documents relating to posh properties at home and abroad, a copy of the EFCC Investigation Report on Atiku’s relationship with a jailed U.S. lawmaker, Williams Jefferson, was retrieved.’’
Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by natznext(m): 5:36pm On Feb 20, 2019
philfearon:

Check again bro... You are confusing yourself!!!

Google it! Press your calculator!!

and to say somebody liked your comment...

and I'm still waiting for the BBC link to this report tho...

Bleep PDP and APC both btws...

Re: Nigeria Has Taken Over South Africa As Africa Biggest Economy ~ BBC by natznext(m): 5:38pm On Feb 20, 2019
bjsteve:

Oga the news is real...

Post the link sir!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Adamu, Atiku Abubakar Son Screened As Commissioner Nominee In Adamawa / Edo: Ganduje, Buni Meet Buhari / Ahmed Isah Apologises For Slapping A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.