Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,219 members, 7,884,238 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 07:18 AM

Anxiety Over Yobe Triplets - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anxiety Over Yobe Triplets (622 Views)

Woman Gives Birth To Triplets At IDP Camp In Maiduguri / Woman Delivered Of Triplets In Lagos, Dies Few Hours (pictured) / A Thread For Those Suffering From Depression Or Anxiety Disorders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anxiety Over Yobe Triplets by oludashmi(f): 11:09am On Aug 26, 2010
The triplets delivered three days ago by Mrs Tatsuma Jubril in Damaturu, Yobe State are in critical conditions.

Mrs Jubril is also iIl, hospital sources said yesterday.

The Maryam Sani Abacha Hospital, where the triplet are, have no functional incubating machine to take care of them.

A nurse, who prefers anonymity, told our correspondent at the hospital that both the mother and the babies are at the mercy of God.

The nurse said: "We do not have an incubator . Though we have one, but it has broken down for quite some time now. There is nothing we can do at the moment. I think the babies are at the mercy of God. If they can be referred to the University Teaching Hospital, Maiduguri, I am sure there will be more hope of survival for the babies.

"The mother as you can see is also in a very critical condition. She is suffering from anaemia (lack of blood). She requires about three pints of blood. I understand the husband and the relatives are looking for people who can donate blood for her."

The nurse, however, added that because of the hot weather, the babies have a chance of surviving since the incubating machine works with heat.

The father of the babies, Bukar Jibril, a farmer, told our correspondent that this was his wife’s third childbirth, lamenting that none of the children lived.

He said the children died either at childbirth or shortly after delivery.

Calls to the Deputy Governor, Danlami Ali, who is also the Commissioner for Health, were not picked. He didn’t reply the text message sent to him either.

Several attempts made by our correspondent to get to him through his press secretary also failed.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/news/11060.html

This is the state of most of our hospitals. What should have been a source of joy to families now become burdens.
Re: Anxiety Over Yobe Triplets by ritapearl(f): 12:15pm On Aug 30, 2010
As at Friday, i heard two of the babies had died.

Lord have mercy on us.
Re: Anxiety Over Yobe Triplets by ada24: 2:00pm On Aug 30, 2010
this is so sad - and to think people on the NL deny this type of thing is going on in nigeria - how can a hospital in 2010 not have a incubator - WORDS FAIL ME!!!

(1) (Reply)

100% Natural And Easiest Way To Losing Weight. / Get The Best Enymatics Health/weight Management Expert Here / How To Avoid Stroke And Heart Attack.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.