Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,546 members, 7,917,712 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 01:37 PM

Why Ronaldo Is Unhappy With The Match In Madrid. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Ronaldo Is Unhappy With The Match In Madrid. (1586 Views)

Solskjaer Unhappy With Man Utd Board For Not Granting His Request / Fans Mob Jurgen Klopp's Lookalike In Madrid (Photo, Video) / Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ronaldo Is Unhappy With The Match In Madrid. by DamolaDamola: 12:46am On Feb 21, 2019
Surely, for close observers and football experts, the reason for the loss in Atletico Madrid is not far fetched. Juventus in all their glory could have well been the best defensive team in Europe, but of course, there is Diego Simeone side capable of shutting the lion from its own den. That is how miserly Atletico Madrid could be.

In Cristiano Ronaldo expression at a point in the game, you could see clearly that he's not buying the way his team is set out to play. They hardly get the ball forward and occasionally when they do, they surrendered it easily to their graceful opponent who started growing in confidence as the game wears on. It was only a matter of time before Atletico's first goal after Alvaro Morata header was disallowed for an alleged push on the experience Chiellini.
The opener came in no time after that nervy moment from big Uruguayan center back, Gimenez. Then the second goal came in from the ever-present Diego Godin, which ultimately killed the game, probably the tie. A goal is hard enough to chase against the Madrid's side, talks of two without an away goal is even harder. But of course with football full of surprises and having Cristiano Ronaldo in their side, A guy who has proven he could decide football matches on his own time and time again, all is possible.

Many have argued before the game that Atletico Madrid have been very inconsistent this season, they've been conceding goals unusually and even judged by their 1-3 defeat to a youthful Real Madrid at the Wanda Metropolitano stadium, but that is because they were up against an attacking Real Madrid side full of desire to get the points. And that has always been the case for most of Atletico Madrid's defeat so far this season.

They usually struggle against attacking teams with quality forwards. Though for some reasons, Maximiliano Allegri side found it hard to get the ball into dangerous territory in the opposition half to cause a problem for the home team.

Juventus can keep winning the Serie-A for as many seasons as they want, but with all due respect, their closest challengers are Napoli who have last won the league in 1989-90 in the days of Maradona. Then we have the Milan clubs and of course 'As Roma whom to be realistic are building their teams for probably the next decade or so.

When you have a player of Ronaldo pedigree and the likes of Paulo Dybala and Mario Mandzukic at your disposal, it is only right for you to attack your opposition knowing how important an away goal could be in the champions league. Allegri seems to set up his team for a goalless draw in Madrid, which of course is a decision that backfires spectacularly.

However, the away leg in Italy is sure going to be a thrilling encounter at the Allianz Stadium in the coming weeks.
For more interesting Articles like this, visit [url]waywage.com[/url] Good luck folks.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ronaldo Is Unhappy With The Match In Madrid. by Djmadrid(m): 12:54am On Feb 21, 2019
1st comment. True Juve nah mumu. Dem wan waste King Ororo's talent.

1 Like

Re: Why Ronaldo Is Unhappy With The Match In Madrid. by nicedas(m): 1:14am On Feb 21, 2019
Nairaland is shit. So if its not a premier league team that is playing, it won't make front page. Imagine the entertainment in this match.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ronaldo Is Unhappy With The Match In Madrid. by Djmadrid(m): 1:18am On Feb 21, 2019
nicedas:
Nairaland is shit. So if its not a premier league team that is playing, it won't make front page. Imagine the entertainment in this match.
And football is so far beyond only premier league.
Re: Why Ronaldo Is Unhappy With The Match In Madrid. by DamolaDamola: 1:20am On Feb 21, 2019
I believe champions league is the best though. Just so entertaining
Re: Why Ronaldo Is Unhappy With The Match In Madrid. by Nbote(m): 6:30am On Feb 21, 2019
Djmadrid:
1st comment. True Juve nah mumu. Dem wan waste King Ororo's talent.

So it is now Juve who wants to waste his talent abi? Wen he scores he's d best but wen he doesn't it's his team's fault?

3 Likes

Re: Why Ronaldo Is Unhappy With The Match In Madrid. by Nbote(m): 6:36am On Feb 21, 2019
Ronaldo was jis being petty and a sore loser last nyt.. Telling d cameras afta d about how he had 5 champions league and Athletico none afta d loss was absolutely unnecessary and petty. Athletico and Juve have a similar playing style and considering dey had neva lost to am Italian opposition.. D match isn't over though
Re: Why Ronaldo Is Unhappy With The Match In Madrid. by Viking007(m): 8:10am On Feb 21, 2019
At a point I was hoping the article will not end. You write very well! And you don't own a blog DamolaDamola?

1 Like

Re: Why Ronaldo Is Unhappy With The Match In Madrid. by Viking007(m): 8:14am On Feb 21, 2019
Nbote:

So it is now Juve who wants to waste his talent abi? Wen he scores he's d best but wen he doesn't it's his team's fault?
Though I didn't watch the match, I will later anyway. But from this article, Juventus game plan was to defend and hope for a draw. Ronaldo is an attacking player, he easily gets frustrated when you don't feed him with good passes.
Re: Why Ronaldo Is Unhappy With The Match In Madrid. by Blazebond(m): 8:27am On Feb 21, 2019
Juve will beat them in turin and qualify.
Re: Why Ronaldo Is Unhappy With The Match In Madrid. by dasanchez1(m): 8:40am On Feb 21, 2019
Viking007:
At a point I was hoping the article will not end. You write very well! And you don't own a blog DamolaDamola?
That's how blog suppose me and not copy and paste blog. Surely, he will make it if he or she engage in that.

3 Likes

Re: Why Ronaldo Is Unhappy With The Match In Madrid. by Starboytwo(m): 1:04pm On Feb 21, 2019
Viking007:
Though I didn't watch the match, I will later anyway. But from this article, Juventus game plan was to defend and hope for a draw. Ronaldo is an attacking player, he easily gets frustrated when you don't feed him with good passes.
nope juve game plan yesterday was not to defend at all, at least from my observation, it's just that athletico Madrid as espected had no visible weakness at all... They are like playing against djukovic, anything and everything you throw against them is returned... The first half was cagey very cagey with some strong tackles from both sides, infact there was no easy tackle in the first half, even griezeman was busy kicking everybody, that Ghana boy partey Wan comot person leg for midfield... In the whole match nobody completed one dribble... It was a stop and play match... Referee just blowing foul, foul foul....

Before the match the juve coach warns his side about "set pieces, and athletico feeds on such food... Both goals scored were set pieces, first corner, the second was a knockdown from a free kick.... Juve coudnt penetrate at all, Ronaldo was muzzled, dyballa was harrased and molested, mandzukic chop elbow tire from Godin and the other center back...

But it's still game on though, but could have been a little easier if juve had scored a precious away goal... Costa and partey are ruled out of the second leg.... It is unthinkable for both sides to be out in the 16 round... Juve feels this is their season, Ronaldo factor,and athletico feels this is thier opportunity to win considering the final is being played in their stadium... All in all its gonna be a "final in Turin..... Don't ever miss that match...

I have a feeling juve will scrap through, and Ronaldo coming through, but at the same time I know it's hard for a team to come back against athletico.. Not one goal ooo, but 2...omo juve a have a big job.... Great game for the archive...

2 Likes

Re: Why Ronaldo Is Unhappy With The Match In Madrid. by DamolaDamola: 8:22pm On Feb 21, 2019
dasanchez1:
That's how blog suppose me and not copy and paste blog. Surely, he will make it if he or she engage in that.
Thanks for the kind words

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ronaldo Is Unhappy With The Match In Madrid. by DamolaDamola: 8:24pm On Feb 21, 2019
Viking007:
I plan to start a blog very soon. Thanks for the kind words boss

(1) (Reply)

Official : Manchester United Make Their Second Signing Of The Summer (pics) / Glo Unveils Soccer Academy / Official: Arsenal Completed The Signing Of Matthieu Debuchy From Newcastle...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.