Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,744 members, 7,889,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:04 AM

Close The Door To Satan - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Close The Door To Satan (536 Views)

Dedicate Yourself To Satan / Higher Everyday — Jesus Heals Bartimaeus / My Pledge To Satan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Close The Door To Satan by Yefet(m): 12:21pm On Aug 26, 2010
August 26, 2010

Close the Door to Satan

By Michael Youssef, Ph.D.

In Revelation 6:1-2 John writes:

I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, “Come!” I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.

Many have wondered if this rider is the same one in Revelation 19. However, the rider in chapter 19 is called “Faithful and True.” This rider in chapter 6 is neither of these. He is a man of sin, war, and unjust conquest. The bow he carries is most naturally connected with the enemy of God’s people (Ezekiel 39:3). The crown he wears is false and has no diadems on it.

Though he comes through peaceful diplomacy, his mission is one of destruction.

Are you able to discern the difference between God and Satan? Most of us would answer yes immediately. But stop and think back through your activities over this past week. How many times were you tempted to do something that you knew was not pleasing to the Lord?

In many cases, we have become callous to God’s warnings and have embraced Satan’s schemes. We have left the doorway open to our minds and hearts by doing activities that are far from God’s desire for us, which is to be holy because He is holy (1 Peter 1:15-16).

As you read the book of Revelation, ask the Lord to point out any area of your life where you have allowed sin to enter and establish a stronghold.

Freedom comes when we recognize Satan’s schemes and turn instead to the One who is true and holy and offers us eternal life. As you pray, ask Him to cleanse you from all sin.

Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come (Revelation 4:cool.

www.leadingtheway.org

(1) (Reply)

How The Earth Is Filled / Learn Fashion Designing From Home (private Tutor) 08035497328 / Come! Xperience Something New.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.