Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,743 members, 7,921,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 10:19 AM

3 Tips To Mend A Broken Heart! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 3 Tips To Mend A Broken Heart! (601 Views)

5 Steps On How To Mend A Broken Relationship / How Can You Mend A Broken Heart? / How To Mend A Relationship That Is Going Downhill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Tips To Mend A Broken Heart! by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 26, 2010

The key to mending a broken heart is in the magic of making up. What do I mean by this?

Well every relationship is a journey and like any adventure together, there are going to be some impasses and pot holes in the road that need to maneuvered around to continue. Forks appear in that road where one partner has differing views to the other and rest areas along the way, where you may need to pull over to take a break. Don't be discouraged these mountains as they appear now can eventually be molehills.

Reading this I guess you're at a rest stop, looking possibly to mend a broken heart and this can be done by following the 3 steps below:-

1. Be Honest:- To start to get back an ex. you need to take a good honest look at how you got to this area in your relationship and ask yourself and then write down reasons that led you here. For example: Has your environment you live in changed around you and did this add pressure to you or your partner? Have either of you stopped doing things to support one another that you know you should be doing and if so why? Have you stopped listening and communicating freely with one another, too scared to say how you feel? This soul searching is not easy, but necessary to find out what's wrong so you can move through to find a solution and continue your journey together.

2. Get Naked:- You need to arrange a time to sit together, preferably on neutral ground and quietly go through all the feelings and questions that came out of being honest with yourself. This is no time to pretend, to hold back, that's why I say 'get naked' to mend a broken heart you have to strip it back expose the issues and move forward together. Remember to listen though as it's a partnership and not about getting all the gripes off your chest, try and find solutions to offer prior to a meeting.

3. Baby Steps:- If you are successful in finding common ground to rekindle the relationship, don't expect overnight success. Time does repair and heal but be patient set a goal to take it a day at a time, then live each day as if it were the first day you met. Remember that positive feeling and energy, draw from it and do one good thing for each other every day. Before long you will find the pressure of having to 'make it work' reduces and eventually dissipates.

I'm not saying that all relationships could or should be fixed, but to find that magic of making up, is in many cases very achievable with some true soul searching, honesty and willingness to continue together.

A great friend of mine who had been married for over 60 years, offered me this advice when asked to explain the secret of such a long and successful relationship. He said simply this, "It's all about compromise and letting the other one think they're right, even if at the time you may think they're not!
"

(1) (Reply)

Inspiration Love / Have U Ever Been Silently In Luv With Someone? / Safer Online Dating Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.