Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,415 members, 7,897,839 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 08:40 PM

A Thing Of Thought For Youthful Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Thing Of Thought For Youthful Nigerians (246 Views)

Buhari: Insecurity Will Soon Be A Thing Of The Past / 2023: Abdul MKO Abiola Calls For Youthful Participation In Politics / Power Failure Is A Thing Of The Past - Goddy Jedy Agba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Thing Of Thought For Youthful Nigerians by brtaiwo(m): 10:01am On Feb 21, 2019
What happen to our value system? How did we come here? In 1993, Nigerians voted enmass for two Muslim's to be head of the executive and no eyebrow was raised. the emphasis then was patriotism, competence and proven track records of turning businesses around. Chief MKO Abiola was elected base on this by reasonable Nigerians that cast him a lot of votes. Olu Falae ,an economist contested against OBJ, a former head of state and the issue was not two Yoruba's Christians but one who has experienced to govern people. How did we become like this? Since GEJ we have allowed us to be divided into this:

1. A course mate of mine, Engineer Gabasawa, told me he is taught that when two people of his religion are vying for a position such as this, he should vote for the one that is more pious than the other. How do you measure piety?

2. A friend sent me a video yesterday. In the video a lady preaching said in this election there are just two candidates and if you vote for others apart from these two it is a waste of vote. Waste of vote? I don't get...? Excuse me! She said no Catholic should vote the president because herdsmen kill Catholic priest and the president silence endorses it. She said he is against the body of Christ. Madam, did you say against? But Pastor Osinbajo is still our VP and he has been campaigning and even answering questions for our principal during the interview with Kadaria.

How did we get here? If we want to be a great Nation we should be more concern of factors that grow a nation. We should be talking ideas and policies which is moving nation from poverty to prosperity. Indonesia is the world largest Muslim nation yet a Christian woman ruled her affairs. Malaysia is getting it right. Singapore are all doing it right. Let young Nigeria who is or have attended the ivory towers begin to have revolutionary thought of transformation in his/her mind.

The Nigeria of our dream is possible when we begin to major in economy, industrialization and other globalisation issues which transform nation. No nation grows on ethnic and religious sentiments. Nigeria is the only country we have and only Nigerians will fix it. We will raise young vanguard who will usher and birth us in a direction that we will go. This country must grow and become a better Nigeria. It is possible. Vote your conscience. Vote for your future. Remember your vote is your prayer for Nigeria. Only those who can make us work deserve your vote.

*copied*
Re: A Thing Of Thought For Youthful Nigerians by DMerciful(m): 11:16am On Feb 21, 2019
Vote for Atiku to get Nigeria working again!

(1) (Reply)

Ebonyidailynews Publisher Attacked By Thugs Over Report On Under Aged Voters / I Wish The Newly Elected Senator In My Zone Good Luck -saraki / E-voting In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.