Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,903 members, 7,872,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:41 AM

Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? (22928 Views)

Wøñder Shåll Névèr Eñd As Yahøø Bøy In Port Harcourt K!ll 4 People At A Spot / My Friend Paid N400k To Secure A Job That Pays N50k Monthly / 14 Top Paying Jobs Of The Week - Apply For 2 & 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? by ridbell01(m): 11:20pm On Feb 21, 2019
TheMoniker:

Which ministry? My brother got a job as a part time lecturer in Lagos State Polytechnic and I already borrowed him 200k for accommodation which he’ll return in few months cos we learnt the salary is 50k, after he worked for almost 3 months, we learnt its 50k every 3 months. 150k per year grin. I wan cry. That’s govt. institution o and they expect you not to take bribe?
you can't substantiate this.. On what level was he placed
Re: Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Feb 21, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Employees don't know their right ni.
which rights, if you can't do the job you leave... No one is getting paid for sitting at home doing nothing
Re: Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? by Gkemz: 1:28am On Feb 22, 2019
The problem with most graduates is their mindset which is set towards securing a white collar job after school. How could you be earning 50k per month after doing 4 people's work. Don't you have plan to marry and set up your home? You must not work for someone to be successful. That's not the mind of billionaires. I'm a business man and I'm so proud of it eventhough i have a masters degree in business administration but my academic qualifications can never limit my potentials instead it enhances it. One thing that challenged me was my encounter with a tricyclist who was conveying me to the office one of the days i was hurrying to arrive at the office as an employee before the attendance register is drawn for the day. Eventhough he got no degree, the amount he makes in a day is what i earns in a week. I was shocked when he disclosed this to me. As from that day i stopped underestimating anybody. The best thing you could do for any child you love is not just to train him in school, allow him or her to acquire vocational and technical skills which will help him in future. Let's stop depending soley on our academic certificates.
Let's have a change of mindset.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? by mechanics(m): 1:42am On Feb 22, 2019
Lolz, it's optional na.
Re: Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? by RealityShot: 2:00am On Feb 22, 2019
omooba969:

@bolded
lol... just because you haven't seen one doesn't mean it does not exist.
i know one, right now
Re: Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? by deltateam: 3:24am On Feb 22, 2019
omooba969:

@bolded

What would he gain by lying? I believe it true.
Re: Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? by SmallSimba: 7:03am On Feb 22, 2019
IzzyyUnique:

And if he ain't a pastor, then he's a christian. I've had dealings with quite lot of em believers and they made me pass through hell. Imagine working as a teacher in a secondary school, taking physics, chemistry fmaths and teaching jamb students for 4 weeks and getting a meagre sum of up to 10k! And these is a place whose owner claims to have the fear of God. . .

How much did you AGREE to? Did he pay you what you had AGREED with him?
Re: Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? by SmallSimba: 7:04am On Feb 22, 2019
stanliwise:
you don't get the point do you. The employer isn't the problem quite alright but had it been that Nigeria has good worker protection, No one will dare put such amount for this hectic work.

The employer is exploiting the advantages of a capitalist which carl marx theory was against, in capitalism rich people could turn the common man into slaves because overtime they would keep reducing salaries and increasing work hours. Only the government of such state or social activist could protect an employee in capitalist country.

How many people did Karl Marx employ? How much was he paying them?

1 Like

Re: Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? by TEYA: 7:10am On Feb 22, 2019
buygala:
The person complaining should open his own company and employ someone for a similar job role and pay the person 500k smiley

The employer is cutting his coat according to his cloth....if you can't understand that, waka pass sad

He is not seeking the employee at gunpoint for Christ's sakeundecided
Then based on your argument, the idea of minimum wage is silly, government should pay anything they like, anyone that can't cope should leave ABI? Funny the way many of us reason in this country.
Re: Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? by stanliwise(m): 7:43am On Feb 22, 2019
SmallSimba:

How many people did Karl Marx employ? How much was he paying them?
you mean the genius(Karl Marx) doesn't have a point right?
The thoery of karl Marx has nothing to do with him do you get it? The question is, how true was his thoery.
From the way you spelt his name you seem to know him or prolly has heard if him or his theory, meaning his theory was not only just a theory but was also efficient.
Re: Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? by Tayeni(m): 8:06am On Feb 22, 2019
stanliwise:
you don't get the point do you. The employer isn't the problem quite alright but had it been that Nigeria has good worker protection, No one will dare put such amount for this hectic work.

The employer is exploiting the advantages of a capitalist which carl marx theory was against, in capitalism rich people could turn the common man into slaves because overtime they would keep reducing salaries and increasing work hours. Only the government of such state or social activist could protect an employee in capitalist country.
The government has little right to force a private business to pay workers beyond what their businesses can bear especially in a country like ours Where the ease of doing business is stupidly low.
Re: Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? by stanliwise(m): 8:15am On Feb 22, 2019
Tayeni:
The government has little right to force a private business to pay workers beyond what their businesses can bear especially in a country like ours Where the ease of doing business is stupidly low.
you're wrong.... the exact salary may be your choice but the work condition is not your choice. In good economy company try to please government so as to prevent the risk of loosing their business. so they try to impress as good as possible. only in poor/developing countries that support capitalism that pay cheaply for labour.
Re: Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? by Tayeni(m): 9:04am On Feb 22, 2019
stanliwise:
you're wrong.... the exact salary may be your choice but the work condition is not your choice. In good economy company try to please government so as to prevent the risk of loosing their business. so they try to impress as good as possible. only in poor/developing countries that support capitalism that pay cheaply for labour.
POOR countries pay little because they are poor, obviously. Are you saying poor countries shouldnt be capitalist?
Re: Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? by IzzyyUnique: 9:27am On Feb 22, 2019
UBGG:

A relative of mine worked with an NGO in Warri where the so called director was a Christian. One day, out of nowhere, the woman decided to include toilet washing to the job responsibilities.

Her reason? Since they spend more time in the office than their homes, there's no need to keep paying cleaners, they are to henceforth do the washing themselves like they do in their homes.

I keep wondering why they didn't slap her after she said that, I know I would.

You really need to see how people are being subjected to modern slavery all in the name of salary. YUCK!
Re: Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? by stanliwise(m): 10:42am On Feb 22, 2019
Tayeni:
POOR countries pay little because they are poor, obviously. Are you saying poor countries shouldnt be capitalist?
what are you saying??
Take for example a capitalist like Aliko Dangote builds a company in Malawi, because of the poverty condition of the country and the lack of good worker protection, he would pay their worker about half the salary he will pay a typical Nigeria for the same amount of work. Thereby spending less
But if he goes to USA he is likely to pay a worker three time than a Nigerian for less worker hour. Remember we are calculating the payment in Naira for all countries o.

Added
------------
A capitalist is a person or some set of very powerful men who control resources in a country and regulate worker payment and work hour with many other things. A rich man allowed to own company he solely controls is a capitalist.

If they are not tamed they could exploit the poor in the country to an extent of oppression and maltreatment.
Re: Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? by TEYA: 12:44pm On Feb 22, 2019
buygala:

Government is far richer than private citizens and owe its citizens a minimum standard of wellbeing

No individual owes you anything.....and last I checked, it is not illegal to seek help in one's livelihood....the worst you can do is ignore the advert if you consider it below your level

No Law stipulates that you must be capable of paying a certain amount before you can seek help to run your business...

Pretend to have some sense in Public please...Keep your stupidity at home
How dumb! Your third world country is one of the backward countries of the world where private sector employers aren't bound by minimum wage laws, something that leads to gross violation of rights of workers, a problem that the NLC is meant to manage. Violation of workers' right especially in the private sector will go on for a long time in Nigeria because there will never be a shortage of idioțs like you who think "No individual owes you anything" and the strangest part is servile youths like you who think the slave trade should continue (not because they are masters but because they enjoy being slaves) are elways eager to run to other saner climes like U.S. and UK.
Re: Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? by TEYA: 12:53pm On Feb 22, 2019
buygala:

Say whatever you like Sir.....

The 50k the guy is offering is way above the minimum wage...

Being underpaid is the price people like you pay for being mentally lazy and unable to see and strike gold on your own grin

If you can afford to pay yourself 50k monthly, then why are you pokenosing in another man's business? .....Then pay yourself and keep waiting for that employer who will pay your lazy ass 500k grin
Lol you know nothing about me. 50k is big money for you and that is why you see it as more than enough. Go and continue selling your gala o grin grin
Re: Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? by Tayeni(m): 3:46pm On Feb 22, 2019
stanliwise:
what are you saying??
Take for example a capitalist like Aliko Dangote builds a company in Malawi, because of the poverty condition of the country and the lack of good worker protection, he would pay their worker about half the salary he will pay a typical Nigeria for the same amount of work. Thereby spending less
But if he goes to USA he is likely to pay a worker three time than a Nigerian for less worker hour. Remember we are calculating the payment in Naira for all countries o.

Added
------------
A capitalist is a person or some set of very powerful men who control resources in a country and regulate worker payment and work hour with many other things. A rich man allowed to own company he solely controls is a capitalist.

If they are not tamed they could exploit the poor in the country to an extent of oppression and maltreatment.
I take it you are a Marxist....good for you.
But let me ask you this....Those workers in Malawi who are under the employ of Dangote....what were they doing before Dangote got there with the "peanuts" he has decided to pay them. Dont you think they should be grateful to God for making Dangote look the way of their country?
. Cos if they had anything more rewarding to engage in, they wouldnt work for Dangote.
Re: Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? by stanliwise(m): 4:01pm On Feb 22, 2019
Tayeni:
I take it you are a Marxist....good for you.
But let me ask you this....Those workers in Malawi who are under the employ of Dangote....what were they doing before Dangote got there with the "peanuts" he has decided to pay them. Dont you think they should be grateful to God for making Dangote look the way of their country?
. Cos if they had anything more rewarding to engage in, they wouldnt work for Dangote.
This is what we are saying, the so-called capitalist as the OP stated is exploiting the condition of the citizens to pay them peanuts because he believes they don't have better choice.
Meanwhile the capitalist will gain so much and this could lead to what is called monopolization and in extreme cases some capitalist will intentionally take power from the poor masses to make them remain slaves so that non will become powerful enough to reject it proposal.
Same thing the Northern leader did to their citizens in past when monarchy were very powerful by refusing to educate them and enrich them so that they would remain fragile to their manipulation.

I am not in anyway saying that they should chase away capitalist but as Karl Marx stated, Government should ensure it create better condition for small businesses and should done everything possible that resources is not control by some set of power people. This is the problem in Nigeria currently. Few politicians and Economic businessmen are the ones with 80% of our resources. Until we have distribute wealth by creating Road, power, hospital, schools, and other basic amenities for common man and make condition fit for small businesses and start-ups . Captilist will remain our saviour.
Re: Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? by encryptjay(m): 5:49pm On Feb 22, 2019
01mcfadden:

The person didn't lie.
I actually know of a masters holder working as a principal of a secondary school in Kabayi, Nassarawa and earning #27,000.

She did her masters in UI, Chemistry. I taught in the school before going for service.
Things are happening in this country o
Enter Kaduna and see teachers (BSc holders)collecting 15k.
Re: Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? by SmallSimba: 4:33pm On Feb 24, 2019
stanliwise:
you mean the genius(Karl Marx) doesn't have a point right?
The thoery of karl Marx has nothing to do with him do you get it? The question is, how true was his thoery.
From the way you spelt his name you seem to know him or prolly has heard if him or his theory, meaning his theory was not only just a theory but was also efficient.

I have heard, read, studied of Karl Marx, Hitler, Osama, Stalin and many more. Sometimes they were efficient, sometimes they were not. But that doesn't make them right. If Karl Marx's theory was so good, how well did he apply it? How many did he employ? Fake theories everywhere.
Re: Why Would You Pay Someone N50k For Jobs Of 4 People? by stanliwise(m): 8:57pm On Feb 24, 2019
SmallSimba:

I have heard, read, studied of Karl Marx, Hitler, Osama, Stalin and many more. Sometimes they were efficient, sometimes they were not. But that doesn't make them right. If Karl Marx's theory was so good, how well did he apply it? How many did he employ? Fake theories everywhere.
says the man behind the Monika "smallSimba" if you had truely read the Marxist theory as you claim then you would observed that the situation of Nigeria is a prediction of the theory. Mind you Marxist thoery setback was that it didn't favour the 20% of people who control our resources. You truly don't know anything boy...... Although I still respect your opinion as much as I would encourage you to respect the Great Marxist that remains in the secondary and tertiary book of Great institutions. Give a better and accurate Criticism rather than just using hate speech.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please I Need More Information About Workforce / FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc Young Professionals Programme 2016 / FG Rushes Immigration Recruitment To Beat Handover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.