Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,133 members, 7,880,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:05 PM

Customs Officers Extorting Money From Nigerians From Abroad (Photos) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Officers Extorting Money From Nigerians From Abroad (Photos) (35907 Views)

Lagos Police Arrest Thugs & Law Enforcement Officers Extorting Motorists. / Man Confronts 3 VIO Officers Extorting Money From People In Delta / Man Discovers Drugs Inside Tubers Of Yam Set To Be Delivered Abroad.Photos/Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Officers Extorting Money From Nigerians From Abroad (Photos) by sacajawea: 10:36am On Feb 22, 2019
Which abroad
Benin?
Re: Customs Officers Extorting Money From Nigerians From Abroad (Photos) by zoby225588: 10:40am On Feb 22, 2019
BREAKING NEWS! Plane Crashes After Been Overloaded With Money By Nigeria Politicians(video) www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK6Cg3OuwWA&sns

CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON TO WATCH
Re: Customs Officers Extorting Money From Nigerians From Abroad (Photos) by omoteacher(m): 10:43am On Feb 22, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

If not that Nigeria Police do kill any how and tell lies alot. If you experience all other forces and paramilitary in this country. The NP is still the best among them, in terms of collecting bribe also they are the least corrupt among them. You can still give police man #200 and he will still thank you. The rest na thousands and millions dem go pay still confiscate your goods. If you doubt me go to Agbara side/Badagry side and see how customs officers and immigration officers treated people just because of half bag of rice. They all look healthier than the NPF and almost all of them have good cars. It's just that average Nigerians see police everyday unlike the rest. In all they are all corrupt.
Re: Customs Officers Extorting Money From Nigerians From Abroad (Photos) by lexy2014: 10:43am On Feb 22, 2019
Chukwurah003:
That is Atiku’s legacy in the Customs Service. Thank God for Buhari

Thank God for buhari for sustaining Atikus legacy
Re: Customs Officers Extorting Money From Nigerians From Abroad (Photos) by MissRaine69(f): 10:46am On Feb 22, 2019
KrystosCJ:
Even at the airport, Customs and Immigration, they are as shameless as ever.

Two of them from Immigration asked us to sanwo before we could be allowed to go through the boarding gate into the waiting lounge. I asked him if he was OK, and he said, "Do I know that he can stop us from traveling?". I dared him to do so. When he noticed other people coming to meet us, he let us pass.

They are greedy, wicked people. The few of them that don't conform to their nasty antics are not allowed in their money-spinning activities but relegated to some other obscure work.

I experience that all the time, they will look through your bags for an eternity just to frustrate you when you refuse to pay.
Re: Customs Officers Extorting Money From Nigerians From Abroad (Photos) by lexy2014: 10:57am On Feb 22, 2019
shachris05:
Buhari is fighting corruption my left nyash.

Nigeria has never being more corrupt.

At d height of d onnoghen asset declaration saga, I encountered a number of buhari supporters on this forum. As usual, I wasn't disappointed that they didn't understand d issue of separation of powers. As far as they are concerned, as long as its buhari, then it is right.

I was of d opinion that due to separation of powers, buhari didn't have d right 2b using d DSS to b chasing after judges in PH& exhibiting unusual supersonic speed in trying to indict onnoghen, but that there are channels 4 dealing with such issues. And that if buhari was truly interested in fighting corruption, he should start from d executive which is his domain. And i asked this, which would b easier, dealing with corruption in d executive or in d judiciary?

So far, buhari has ignored d corruption taking place under his arm of govt. I always believe that no president can't talk about fighting corruption without reforming d police. D customs itself is a country on its own when it comes to corruption but d executive is focused on cleansing d judiciary. Its like leaving ur burning roof& going to help ur neighbour with his own burning roof

1 Like

Re: Customs Officers Extorting Money From Nigerians From Abroad (Photos) by asawanathegreat(m): 11:19am On Feb 22, 2019
Very unfortunate
Re: Customs Officers Extorting Money From Nigerians From Abroad (Photos) by dfrost: 11:39am On Feb 22, 2019
Nigerians should start using bodycams (ones that are discrete though).
Re: Customs Officers Extorting Money From Nigerians From Abroad (Photos) by onatisi(m): 11:44am On Feb 22, 2019
never aggressively or violently challenge with a man with a loaded gun and live bullets in nigeria or anywhere in the world except you are ready to lose your life in the process .
Re: Customs Officers Extorting Money From Nigerians From Abroad (Photos) by Ijaya123: 12:02pm On Feb 22, 2019
Upsidedown9ja:
With APC in government all this will not stop

Did it stop when PDP was in government?
Re: Customs Officers Extorting Money From Nigerians From Abroad (Photos) by changeskc: 12:07pm On Feb 22, 2019
If Customs decides to carry the government fiscal policies, most Nigerians can't afford some items in the country. If Customs decide to collect proper duty on every item, things will be very difficult for the low income earners and the poor. That's why they depend on compromise duty and as well collect. Even in NNPC, they do compromise business there as well
Re: Customs Officers Extorting Money From Nigerians From Abroad (Photos) by Charly68: 12:31pm On Feb 22, 2019
Atiku brothers ,God punish una
Re: Customs Officers Extorting Money From Nigerians From Abroad (Photos) by wasuka14(m): 12:37pm On Feb 22, 2019
itspzpics:
You all remember the viral video of some custom officers who killed Nigerian travellers coming from the airport recently ?

Meanwhile another viral video of some custom officers has emerges as they are also trying to extort money from the nigerians traders coming from abroad in a bushy secluded area.

How can this act be eradicated in nigeria ?

Watch the heart breaking video of nigerians travellers shouting at the custom officers HERE

Gist From Praizenews

I think there is no single officer that will just be scrolling around just like that... They are suppose to be under a senior officer who act as d commander. I think is high time those commander in charge together with these erring officers should be punish in case of any atrocities. Nigeria security pple should re-jig themselves frm top to the bottom, to attain international best practice.
Re: Customs Officers Extorting Money From Nigerians From Abroad (Photos) by JAWBONE(m): 1:26pm On Feb 22, 2019
Chukwurah003:
That is Atiku’s legacy in the Customs Service. Thank God for Buhari

I ask you again...is Atiku currently holding any public office that you hold him responsible for this.
The APC was elected on the basis of change yet they have not being able to change anything instead making it worse. So accept the fact that you support an irresponsible and corrupt party
Re: Customs Officers Extorting Money From Nigerians From Abroad (Photos) by Upsidedown9ja(m): 6:01pm On Feb 22, 2019
Ijaya123:

Did it stop when PDP was in government?
but it wasn’t as bad as this
Re: Customs Officers Extorting Money From Nigerians From Abroad (Photos) by Ijaya123: 6:58pm On Feb 22, 2019
Upsidedown9ja:
but it wasn’t as bad as this

Where is your proof of this claim?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Richard Gbadebo Death: Factory Mgt Holds Oyo Govt Officials Hostage / Popular Alaba Trader WhoTerrorise Lagos & His Gang Arrested For Robbery / Police Arrests 21 Men With 122 Condoms In Ibadan For Belonging To Gay Cult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.