Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,284 members, 7,881,063 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:41 AM

Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad (1585 Views)

What Is The Worst Sin A Christian Can Commit / Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation" / Archbishop Idahosa: Thou Shall Not Suffer A Witch To Live By Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by Danhumprey: 2:33pm On Feb 24, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Howany times do you want to be told that Pentecostal Christians are false believers? Even without being in psychiatric hospital, their actions of speaking gibberish aka tongues, and galling down under demonized anointing is enough to pass them off as mad.

However, the fact that they believe in work based salvation instead of once saved always saved is enough to rule them as non-christians. I clearly pointed that out in the OP. Use my points to know who a Christian is from the numerous false believers.
Whoa! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by Danhumprey: 2:35pm On Feb 24, 2019
Martinez39:
When I went to the neuropsychiatric clinic at Yaba, I saw a middle aged woman who was mad and in her insane spree, she was quoting scriptures and pacing up and down. Her teenage daughter who brought her looked hopeless.

Another one I saw was a young woman in her late thirties at most. She stood up addressing her co-patients saying "god is powerful but you must take your drugs. Pray before you take your drugs and know that god is in the drug." I thought that she was make sense (from a moderate christian perspective) until she said "I am queen Elizabeth of England..." I was shocked grin. She kept on declaring that nonsense boldly with great confidence and was energetically pacing about the clinic until the staffs and the person who brought her held her still.

I also saw a muslim shaking and uttering random and incoherent stuffs and he had to be held by the two men that brought him.
grin grin
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by Danhumprey: 2:36pm On Feb 24, 2019
Hermes019:

I swear,dude cracks me up

Actually christians can be entertaining, and the truth is that this is the way Christianity should be practiced,now that the whole thing is mixed up it is now looking as if it is meaningful but when u see someone who lives strictly based on the bible u would know that Christianity is stupidity
grin grin cheesy
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by Danhumprey: 2:40pm On Feb 24, 2019
nwabekeyi:
OK, come let's try by injecting you HIV infected blood. You guys talk so ignorantly.

Even without knowing God, 1% of Europe population cannot be infected by HIV. There's nothing supernatural about this
Left to Africans, all such things are superstitious.

We're light years behind, Africans. embarassed
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by Martinez39(m): 3:35pm On Feb 24, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

1) Addiction

A Christian cannot be addicted because he is not a slave. Someone who’s addicted to something is a slave to that thing. But we who follow Jesus have been freed from addiction and are not slaves because he made us Sons of God.

John 8:34-36
Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Jesus is the cure for Addiction.

grin A dangerously naive and brainwashed individual. You should not be let to raise kids?
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by alBHAGDADI: 3:59pm On Feb 24, 2019
Martinez39:
Since you have decided to play the no true Scotsmen fallacy, then there is nothing I can do. Amazing at how you are trying to imply that the woman I saw wasn't a true christian? SMH

I didn't imply but stated a fact which I backed up with the words of Jesus himself who who showed that there are people who think they are his followers but aren't.

Btw, how were you able to concluded that the mad woman was Christian? How come you didn't conclude that she was the queen of England when she called herself Queen Elizabeth?
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by alBHAGDADI: 4:01pm On Feb 24, 2019
Martinez39:
grin A dangerously naive and brainwashed individual. You should not be let to raise kids?

They always come against valid points with nothing sensible.

Please vamoose from thread.
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by Akin1212(m): 7:10pm On Feb 24, 2019
Wasn't Christ himself mad when he said there are mansions in heaven? Who built them? grin grin
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by Akin1212(m): 7:11pm On Feb 24, 2019
Even Jesus was mad for having a death wish. He could have continued with his carpentry work jeje. cheesy
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by Akin1212(m): 7:12pm On Feb 24, 2019
Only a mad person will expect an angel to blow a trumpet and people will hear it physically and others will start flying into the clouds. Christians can't be madder grin cheesy
Re: Why A Christian Can Not Suffer Mental Illness Or Run Mad by Nobody: 7:01am On Feb 25, 2019
Martinez39:
why are you wasting your time with that dude?

He's exhibiting every symptoms of madness, just let him be.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Battles That Face Glorious Children / What's Wrong In Making Profit Doing Church Work? / I Need Advice From Pastor Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.