Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,763 members, 7,969,238 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 11:09 PM

My Mother Dislikes Me - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother Dislikes Me (1875 Views)

My Husband Dislikes Me / What My Mother Said That Made Me Hate Women Even More / My Mother Is Seeing Other Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother Dislikes Me by yvelchstores(f): 8:03am On Feb 25, 2019
Just last week, I sent her a token cos grandma was sick, she sent it back to me, yapping about how I didn't call before sending the money., I recieved my money back with a silent thanks.
Re: My Mother Dislikes Me by mrblessed(m): 8:57am On Feb 25, 2019
yvelchstores:
Just last week, I sent her a token cos grandma was sick, she sent it back to me, yapping about how I didn't call before sending the money., I recieved my money back with a silent thanks.
Why haven't you thought it wise to engage her in frank talk about her disposition to you? As an adult, I think you deserve to know the reason for her revulsion towards you. If you think it doesn't affect you negatively, you are making a big mistake. Your role is not to force people to love you -- it sounds very weird to me if these people are our loved ones -- but to at least know why they don't love you.
Re: My Mother Dislikes Me by yvelchstores(f): 9:19am On Feb 25, 2019
mrblessed:
Why haven't you thought it wise to engage her in frank talk about her disposition to you? As an adult, I think you deserve to know the reason for her revulsion towards you. If you think it doesn't affect you negatively, you are making a big mistake. Your role is not to force people to love you -- it sounds very weird to me if these people are our loved ones -- but to at least know why they don't love you.
Did I say any where that she doesn't love me? I just don't appreciate her way of doing things and since she is a very defensive person who NEVER accepts wrong or mistake, it's more peaceful not to rock the boat. Oga I don't need to be moving backwards hitting my head over what I have no control over. I have my daughter to take care of and ensure I treat her better than I was treated. The mistake people make is dwelling on things they can't change.

6 Likes

Re: My Mother Dislikes Me by Oyindidi(f): 10:28am On Feb 25, 2019
Daniaramiz34:

No not possible!
You are not ready to be happy
Re: My Mother Dislikes Me by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 25, 2019

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Dislikes Me by LadySarah: 5:45pm On Feb 25, 2019
@ peepydelano,i used to think it AfricAn magic until i experienced in My marital family

1 Like

Re: My Mother Dislikes Me by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 25, 2019
LadySarah:
@ peepydelano,i used to think it AfricAn magic until i experienced in My marital family.
My Mil will Come to this one's House and destroy the others image and vice versa.You will never hear anything Good abt her children from her.It was her own first daughter who warned me never to discuss any serious thing Or someone else with her.

Sometime ago She was sick,they were All sending medicines to her because She coming to your House means teouble.At a pt i the outsider was the one who forced My dh to Go pick her from the village.I nursed her and took her to the hospital.
lol,If i told You by the Time She was strong again that She opened her mouth and told me She will Curse My husband for not building her a house.I gave her as it dey hot and the Next day sent her home.
A woman that disappeared leaving her two yr old plus son(My husband),only for them to hear later that She had remaeried.Herfourkids She didnt bother to chexk on for the Next 21 yrs until they grew and left home.
plenty story dey.African magic is realooo
so bad,atyms people who had wonderful experience from their parents while growing up will be quick to judge and even condemn the op for being the cause of the hatred,it is good to listen to people's story before making any judgement,some women don't deserve grooming of any child,they end up shattering the child's life.There are still more terrifying stories.op should just love herself and resist any form of emotional blackmail and disrespect from the so called mum,she should not in anyway tolerate it as doing so will make her do more and say nasty things to her.Let her draw her boundaries,but still take care of her when the need arises,it is no sin to resist oppression of any kind from anyone.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Dislikes Me by DeeMain(m): 9:05pm On Feb 25, 2019
lilyheaven:
My grandmother never loved my mother, my mother always cry and wonder why her mother never showed her small love. One day I asked my granny why she dislikes my mother?
This was her reply
" your grandfather married a second wife without telling me, the day I gave birth to your mother "

Imagine answer.

grin Your last line made me laugh.

Truth is I understand why your granny would act that way even though it's despicable. It's like hating forever a lovely song that was playing the moment something tragic happened. You just can't seem to help it.

In today's world she would require a shrink or deliverance to help her resolve the hate.

Sometimes, the hated child reminds her parents of one of their own parents that was mean to them by looks or similar behaviour.

It's something deeply psychological and is common in dysfunctional families.

This is in no way a justification - just an explanation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Heart To Adulteressss / Is Marriage To Cousins A Taboo In Your Part Of Nigeria? / Water Or Tissue: Whats The Best Method To Clean Your Backside?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.