Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,215 members, 7,910,303 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 01:55 AM

Horrible University Experience - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Horrible University Experience (853 Views)

My Embarrassing And Horrible Experience At King Shaka Airport South Africa / My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: / My Horrible Experience In Fiji island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Horrible University Experience by Blueyard: 9:34pm On Aug 27, 2010
HOW TO GET THROUGH UNIVERSITY IN ONE PIECE

When i was in college, i was looking forward to getting into one of the best universities that i could think of. I sat for my ALevels and came out in flying colours, next thing i knew i was in my dream university up the North of England. I came from Africa so this was something exciting for me. Should i say that was the beginning of my happy years, or should i say it was the beginning of nightmares that had been clawing behind me from years past.
My first day at uni was fantastic. I had both my parents show me around my new school, new city and best of all one of the biggest shopping malls in England. I was really looking forward to the first day of school. Registration started the same day i arrived and i was quick enough to settle in just fine. Main lectures commenced 2 weeks after i was quick to realize that there was only one other African girl in my class out of over 300 students who studied the same course as myself. I was not too bothered until it was apparent that non of the other students spoke to me or wanted to relate with me. I am ordinarily very friendly, but no matter how hard i tried nothing seemed to help, and i felt like an outcast. The other black lady i tried being friendly with actually seemed to be the worst because even though she had the British accent, she told me specifically to leave her alone as she didn’t want any more friends. I felt like a loner. Lost and Lonely in this Big Strange World.

STORY CONTINUES IN SERIES 2.
To find out how to get through university in one piece, a social community has been set up online for people who may be feeling down. Simply log on and share ideas and stories with each other. Its FREE!

Website is www.UniversityCube.com
Re: Horrible University Experience by symbian03(m): 10:01pm On Aug 27, 2010
Story story story
Re: Horrible University Experience by yommyuk: 6:03am On Aug 28, 2010
Happens!
Especailly if the course is one that Africans/Black do not normally go for sad
WELCOME TO UK

(1) (Reply)

Us Dv Lottery Winners / Dv Lottery / My Mad Experience In Lagos On My First Day Of Work!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.