Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,177 members, 7,880,671 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:17 AM

Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area (38215 Views)

Woman Goes Back To Vote After Thugs Attacked Her With Bottle At Polling Unit / #EndSARS: Police, Soldiers Storm Lekki Toll Plaza / Soldiers Storm Nnamdi Kanu’s Home, Block Entrance To His Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area by Guestlander: 5:44pm On Feb 25, 2019
LegalOpinion:

I am Yoruba and the truth is, No particular tribe can lay claim to Lagos.

Even amongst us, we are still dragging who owns Lagos.

You are not Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area by Gweedorian(m): 5:52pm On Feb 25, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Yoruba Can lay claim to it and they deserve to be respected for being the first person to dwell in Lagos, if you see no offense in other tribe claiming the Land your ancestor first dwell in is a no man's Land, then you are not Yoruba. Do you know the intention of Igbo claiming Lagos is no man's Land? it is because they want to dominate and control Lagos, if you see nothing wrong in that then you are just a Coward ! what we your future generation say when a foreigner start controling them and pushing them around? they will curse you in your grave for allowing that to happen, wake up and don't be a fool
The Benin Empire long reigned over all this lands called Lagos stretching as far as Modern day Benin Republic before they were toppled by the British Empire finally in 1897. Lagos has a mixed history.. Benins and Aworis are likely the earliest settlers and shortly later after a large influx of Yorubas from surrounding areas.
Re: Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area by adeayo1603: 6:31pm On Feb 25, 2019
Seriously,yorubas are just too accomodating.if not you can try any shit with my hausa people up north.they will chop you alive.My ibo brothers always respect ur host

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area by EdifiedHebrew: 6:31pm On Feb 25, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Thugs and Urchins is a necessary evil and an assets to us, or else this people will never Know their place in our Land, Imagine Igbo calling our Land a No man's Land, tell me where they can do it in Nigeria other than Yoruba Land, can they do it with Hausa and Fulani? If they don't want Chaos they have to know their place in Yoruba Land.

PSALM 24:1 (A Psalm of David.) The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.

2 For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.

ALL YORUBAS WILL BE SLAUGHTERED WHEN YAHAWASHI HAMASCIACH WHOM YOU CALLED JESUS CHRIST COMES BACK ON THE EARTH TO RENDER HEAVY DAMAGES ON THOSE PERSECUTING HIS CHOOSEN SEED.

AMOS 9: 7 Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel? saith the LORD. Have not I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt? and the Philistines from Caphtor, and the Syrians from Kir?

8 Behold, the eyes of the Lord GOD are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the LORD.

9 For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.

10 All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us.
Re: Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area by EdifiedHebrew: 6:34pm On Feb 25, 2019
Printerscanner:
Respect us on our soil, simple. You said Lagos is no man's land, now prove it. Prove to us that Lagos belongs to Igbos. Una go hear weeen. You will start paying achool fees at Lagos Public Schools. Lagos Public Hospitals will now charge Igbos more. Igbos will pay higher Land Use Charges. If LASTMA holds, an Igboman"s vehicle, just go and buy another. Ladipo spare parts market will be closed very soon. Also international trade fair market and Alaba electronics market will be closed. You cannot live in my house and be plotting my down fall.

PSALM 24:1 (A Psalm of David.) The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.

ALL YORUBAS WILL BE SLAUGHTERED WHEN YAHAWASHI HAMASCIACH WHOM YOU CALLED JESUS CHRIST COMES BACK ON THE EARTH TO RENDER HEAVY DAMAGES ON THOSE PERSECUTING HIS CHOOSEN SEED.

AMOS 9: 7 Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel? saith the LORD. Have not I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt? and the Philistines from Caphtor, and the Syrians from Kir?

8 Behold, the eyes of the Lord GOD are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the LORD.

9 For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.

10 All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us.
Re: Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area by EdifiedHebrew: 6:37pm On Feb 25, 2019
livinbygrace:

Na only Lagos una dey pay taxes?You mean igbos in Northern part of the country or in south south no dey pay taxes?You guys jsut dey type nonsense.That Yorubas are accommodating and friendly with you people does not mean you should take their kind gesture for granted.You guys needs to be checkmated and if you feel otherwise,you are free to go.N be by force.

Re: Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area by EdifiedHebrew: 6:40pm On Feb 25, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Because Yoruba Hardly live in Your Barren Land, After we are finish with you in Lagos State i promise you that you will be the most Humble tribe in the World, why don't you let him die if you are so sure of what you are doing? We will kill your father and send his corpse back to you in South East, Yoruba have a very dark and Bloody History we will let you know what OGUN and Blood is

Re: Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area by EdifiedHebrew: 6:43pm On Feb 25, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

But my future generation that will live in Lagos will Curse me for letting a Foreigner take the Land up and for letting a Foreigner control them, that's the truth and that's a fact. No one can allow it anywhere in the world unless you are a weakling and Coward, people will never agree that you only want to be peaceful they will say it is because you are a Coward! and it is better to die brave than to die a Coward! no one we respect your generation and no one we ever take your generation serious. The intentions of Igbo ranting Lagos is no man's Land is because they want to dominate it and control it, don't be a fool wise up

Re: Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area by Ayobami7(m): 7:33pm On Feb 25, 2019
这是我的评论
Re: Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area by gidimafia: 8:00pm On Feb 25, 2019
The number of likes om this post is the amount of ppl wetin for u to dieeeee
KevMitnick:
Please what's the situation of things there now. That's my route. I hope there's no violence
Re: Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area by deepwater(f): 10:37pm On Feb 25, 2019
johnkay1:
Hmmm..... Lie
I'm currently in Oshodi and nothing of such is happening. I've passed through Bolade, Brown, Oshodi Road and currently in Arena Market and I can boldly tell you that nothing like that here.

If you look at the video you will see that everybody is minding his business no traces fighting or panic. The blogger just want to say something.

For pictures I've moved away from that side but this is Church street in Oshodi.

Oga this is church street by local government, far from boladale
Re: Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area by KevMitnick: 7:01am On Feb 26, 2019
gidimafia:
The number of likes om this post is the amount of ppl wetin for u to dieeeee
no bro, your comprehension skills are very poor. Actually, the number of likes you see represent the number of people who are in the same situation asking the same question.
Re: Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area by adedehinbo(m): 9:36am On Feb 26, 2019
nicodenzzy:

Sharappp Linus...I was there ....I own a shop there in suwebatu street opposite nafdac....there was a lot of mayhem....the yorubas were beating any igbo man they saw....now get out of this thread
so shall it continue to be, they will continue beating u guys until u leave this Lagos state,I thought u guys were claiming Lagos is no mans land,let's wait how things unfold,we shall tell u all who truly owns Lagos stage
Re: Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area by gidimafia: 2:14pm On Feb 26, 2019
Ok you are alive grin..i was worried cool
KevMitnick:

no bro, your comprehension skills are very poor. Actually, the number of likes you see represent the number of people who are in the same situation asking the same question.
Re: Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area by victor8269: 4:21pm On Feb 26, 2019
livinbygrace:

Na only Lagos una dey pay taxes?You mean igbos in Northern part of the country or in south south no dey pay taxes?You guys jsut dey type nonsense.That Yorubas are accommodating and friendly with you people does not mean you should take their kind gesture for granted.You guys needs to be checkmated and if you feel otherwise,you are free to go.N be by force.
We hereby request for an immediate re- imbursement of our taxes in every state of Nigeria to be used as our relocation allowance. In the absence of it, tell the Omo- ale's to keep quiet
Re: Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area by LegalOpinion: 4:33pm On Feb 26, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

Yoruba Can lay claim to it and they deserve to be respected for being the first person to dwell in Lagos, if you see no offense in other tribe claiming the Land your ancestor first dwell in is a no man's Land, then you are not Yoruba. Do you know the intention of Igbo claiming Lagos is no man's Land? it is because they want to dominate and control Lagos, if you see nothing wrong in that then you are just a Coward ! what we your future generation say when a foreigner start controling them and pushing them around? they will curse you in your grave for allowing that to happen, wake up and don't be a fool

I've wanted to stay away from this Igbo-Yoruba issue again, but I've been seeing some narratives that keep making my blood boils.

And the recent one has to do with how Igbos are 'taking over our lands'. And this is where I lost it.

Look, if you are of the opinion that Igbos are taking over your lands, whatever that means, I want to categorically call you a fool, and I don't care if your feelings are hurt.

I mean what the actual Bleep?!

One, whose lands exactly are they taking over? The ones you inherited or what? The ones you left undeveloped or another one? The ones you sold them at inflated rate or which one? Abeg shift base!

Instead of complaining about their encroachment, why not develop some balls and go and take over their lands as well? Why not offer them ludicrous amount of money for a plot of land and see if they won't sell? Why not leave your families and kin behind and go to a land you know absolutely nobody and settle their? Why not leave your comfort zone that you are not developing and not progressing in and settle down somewhere and grow?

I keep defending my race that we are not cowards, but when I look at this critically, we really are. We have no mind and balls to settle anywhere else because obviously, everyone is dangerous. We can't live in the North or the East because everyone except us is dangerous. I don't want to insult those who have lost lives and properties in intertribal wars in both areas of the country, but we need to peel our eyes back and see properly.

We are just scared. Yes, scared. Myself inclusive.

Scared of being adventurous. Scared of being away from our people. Scared of losing and starting again. Scared of competition. Scared of everything that other major tribes ain't scared of.

Two years ago, I went to a part of my state that I've never been to before. I never even knew the place existed. Guess who had the only mini market in that village? Yeah damn right. An Igbo boy. Not a man. A boy. He sells everything they want. I was amazed. I spent close to 30 minutes interrogating him. He was barely 20years old. Yes, I was scared for him.

And that's how it is in the whole country. The Igbos remain the only tribe in the country that are never afraid of going to new places to establish. If they fail in a business, they start another one. I keep seeing them everyday in my town, trying selling something new every time. Trying to make it despite the obvious hostility around them. Most of us who are complaining about them would rather buy from them than the Yorubas.

They keep going to places to create new things, and all we do is beef them. The first major supermarket in Ado-Ekiti, Okoli, was from an Igbo man. The current trending one, NAO Supermarket, is owned by an Igbo. The entire bank road of Ado-Ekiti was bought by an Igbo man in the late 80s and 90s, and he has been selling to all the banks in that areas since then.

And what are we busy doing? Shitting in our pants shouting "They are taking over our lands". Hehehehehehehehe!!! Fada Lawd! Our entire computer villages are littered with them. They move out and own shit! We...? We just sit our asses down and complain about how the money they use in buying all these are blood and ritual money! Hehehehehehehehe!!! Really?! A Yoruba man calling an Igbo man a ritualist! Fada Lawd!

Even the Northerners are setting up Shasha markets all around us, and where the heck are we and what are we doing in their own states? Nothing.

Let's grow some balls. No one will 'eat' us in Igbo lands. I served in the interiors of Anambra, precisely in Akpo in Aguata Local Government, in a community school inside the bush there. I trek daily inside that Bush for a whole bloody year, and no one ate me or used me for money. They gave me foods, they offered their daughters to me in marriage. They wanted me to settle among them. I know those who cried when I was leaving. I know those of my colleagues that settled there. I know of many Yorubas that established there and are making it, dammit!

#Sigh. I've never been angry like this in a long while, and now I'm exhausted. ����. Let's treat each others like humans first. Let's remove this tribal labelling. Rwandan has done it and is moving forward. Even Nigerians feel more at home in South Africa, the xenophobic country, more than they would feel with other tribes in Nigeria.

And if we feel all these aren't possible, then let's fucking part ways and establish our own separate kingdoms. But like my mum said "Take away the Igbos and see your community become empty".

Enough said!
Re: Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area by LegalOpinion: 4:34pm On Feb 26, 2019
Guestlander:

You are not Yoruba.

I've wanted to stay away from this Igbo-Yoruba issue again, but I've been seeing some narratives that keep making my blood boils.

And the recent one has to do with how Igbos are 'taking over our lands'. And this is where I lost it.

Look, if you are of the opinion that Igbos are taking over your lands, whatever that means, I want to categorically call you a fool, and I don't care if your feelings are hurt.

One, whose lands exactly are they taking over? The ones you inherited or what? The ones you left undeveloped or another one? The ones you sold them at inflated rate or which one? Abeg shift base!

Instead of complaining about their encroachment, why not develop some balls and go and take over their lands as well? Why not offer them ludicrous amount of money for a plot of land and see if they won't sell? Why not leave your families and kin behind and go to a land you know absolutely nobody and settle their? Why not leave your comfort zone that you are not developing and not progressing in and settle down somewhere and grow?

I keep defending my race that we are not cowards, but when I look at this critically, we really are. We have no mind and balls to settle anywhere else because obviously, everyone is dangerous. We can't live in the North or the East because everyone except us is dangerous. I don't want to insult those who have lost lives and properties in intertribal wars in both areas of the country, but we need to peel our eyes back and see properly.

Scared of being adventurous. Scared of being away from our people. Scared of losing and starting again. Scared of competition. Scared of everything that other major tribes ain't scared of.

Two years ago, I went to a part of my state that I've never been to before. I never even knew the place existed. Guess who had the only mini market in that village? Yeah damn right. An Igbo boy. Not a man. A boy. He sells everything they want. I was amazed. I spent close to 30 minutes interrogating him. He was barely 20years old. Yes, I was scared for him.

And that's how it is in the whole country. The Igbos remain the only tribe in the country that are never afraid of going to new places to establish. If they fail in a business, they start another one. I keep seeing them everyday in my town, trying selling something new every time. Trying to make it despite the obvious hostility around them. Most of us who are complaining about them would rather buy from them than the Yorubas.

They keep going to places to create new things, and all we do is beef them. The first major supermarket in Ado-Ekiti, Okoli, was from an Igbo man. The current trending one, NAO Supermarket, is owned by an Igbo. The entire bank road of Ado-Ekiti was bought by an Igbo man in the late 80s and 90s, and he has been selling to all the banks in that areas since then.

And what are we busy doing? Shitting in our pants shouting "They are taking over our lands". Hehehehehehehehe!!! Fada Lawd! Our entire computer villages are littered with them. They move out and own shit! We...? We just sit our asses down and complain about how the money they use in buying all these are blood and ritual money! Hehehehehehehehe!!! Really?! A Yoruba man calling an Igbo man a ritualist! Fada Lawd!

Even the Northerners are setting up Shasha markets all around us, and where the heck are we and what are we doing in their own states? Nothing.

Let's grow some balls. No one will 'eat' us in Igbo lands. I served in the interiors of Anambra, precisely in Akpo in Aguata Local Government, in a community school inside the bush there. I trek daily inside that Bush for a whole bloody year, and no one ate me or used me for money. They gave me foods, they offered their daughters to me in marriage. They wanted me to settle among them. I know those who cried when I was leaving. I know those of my colleagues that settled there. I know of many Yorubas that established there and are making it, dammit!

#Sigh. I've never been angry like this in a long while, and now I'm exhausted. ����. Let's treat each others like humans first. Let's remove this tribal labelling. Rwandan has done it and is moving forward. Even Nigerians feel more at home in South Africa, the xenophobic country, more than they would feel with other tribes in Nigeria.

And if we feel all these aren't possible, then let's fucking part ways and establish our own separate kingdoms. But like my mum said "Take away the Igbos and see your community become empty".

Enough said!
Re: Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area by Guestlander: 5:05pm On Feb 26, 2019
LegalOpinion:

Enough said!

Are you freaking retar.ded? Did I complain to you that anyone is taking over my land? You wrote all this drive to counter what I didn't say?
Why don't you simply educate me on what I responded to which is your assertion that Lagos doesn't belong to anyone?
Re: Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area by Olawalesmarter(m): 9:03pm On Mar 11, 2019
LegalOpinion:

Enough said!

You are not a Yoruba man obviously, Oyo state alone is bigger than the Entire South East why should we leave our Large Expanse of Land and go to other region when we can contribute our quota to develop our region? You are not a Yoruba, if our region was a country would you be trooping out to Neighbouring Country just because you think you need to take some risks? They Keep trooping out of their region and that's the reason why most of their places are like Villages, bushes and Ghost town. South West alone is 2 times of Entire South East and it is not yet fully developed going to other region when there is nothing you can do there that you can't do in your Region is stupidity and unpatriotic forget about stupid Risks. Yoruba are still the most successful tribe in Nigeria
Re: Soldiers Storm Oshodi After Thugs Invaded The Area by shadyLP(m): 10:40am On Sep 03, 2021
Olawalesmarter:

Because Yoruba Hardly live in Your Barren Land, After we are finish with you in Lagos State i promise you that you will be the most Humble tribe in the World, why don't you let him die if you are so sure of what you are doing? We will kill your father and send his corpse back to you in South East, Yoruba have a very dark and Bloody History we will let you know what OGUN and Blood is

Skull miners...
Primitive in digital age..
Cowards...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Storm Osun Ahead Of Governorship Election (Photos) / Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me / FG Declares Monday Public Holiday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.