Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,379 members, 7,950,815 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 10:54 PM

Open Letter To EU Uk ,US, Canada & AU - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To EU Uk ,US, Canada & AU (1162 Views)

El-rufai: Online Petition For EU, UK Travel Ban Nears 25,000 Signatures Target / 'Ban El-Rufai' - Reno Omokri Petitions EU, UK As 11,000 Sign Petition / Presidency Replies EU, UK And US On CJN's Suspension (Full Statement) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To EU Uk ,US, Canada & AU by Nobody: 5:03am On Feb 26, 2019
Dear frienfs,
As you are well aware, on February 23, 2019, the good people of Nigeria brave all odds to go out and vote in the general elections. The democratic process in Nigeria is supposedly of age by now, having attained the age of 20 without interruption. Unfortunateky, a brazen group of cabal and those who seek to create fiefdoms out of our collective desire to entrench democracy are bent of subverting the process. We dare say that this SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO STAND.
Just to cast your mind back. Exactly 4 years ago, Nigeria had a credible election that had the incumbent lose and subsequently relinquishing power to the present administration. Unfortunately, the beneficiary of the improvement in our electoral journey ate now hell-bent on destroying the foundation already laid. Again, to remind you that our journey through this democratic process has been very tortuous. In 1979, we embarked on what was then a Second republic. Unfortunately, some elements in the military led by the current occupant of the Nigerian government overthrew that republic. That led to a military interregnum asting over 19 years. During this period, our nation's democracy slid into a comatose state with dictators playing ping-pong with out political and developmental progress. As fate would have it, the Divine helped us to overcome the dictatorial regime of which the current president was a major participant.
Dear friends, we have again come to the crossroad in our political journey whereby we ought to have grown. Unfortunately, while the electorates are improving, our politicians are not. Our people came our peacefully to vote their choice candidates only to be confronted by trigger-happy army and police. As at Sunday, February 24, 2019, over 20 lived have bern cut short by politicians and security agencies. The government have not arrested any of the killers as we speak and may NEVER, because to our politicians and power hungry president, "commoners have no soul". To him, these deaths wrre inevitable, so long as he can cling to power.
Dear friends, you may have been awed by the results being collated and announced by our Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). You would agree that the results being announced to the whole world does negate the general populace feelers prior to and after the election. Of thr eleven (11) or so states that have bern announced, not one (1) has gone unchallenged. Why? The answer is simple. In our political structure, the nation is delineated into about 176000 poliing units. Aggregation of these units form wards and subsequently Local Government Areas. What has happened is that the polling units results which should aggregate to Wards, Local government and then states ate TOTALLY DIFFERENT than the "collated" or allocated numbers being announced. THIS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO STAND! Hence, as a patriotic Nigerian, I am calling on you to prevail on INEC to immediately publish Polling Units results even if it is on their websiye, we are educated enough to do the tallying. They should spare us the waste of time churning out conjured number that lack basis.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To EU Uk ,US, Canada & AU by Nobody: 5:04am On Feb 26, 2019
Dear friends,
Nigeria is a very important nation in sub-saharan Africa . The smaller nations look up to us. If we fail we become a template for these nations. Again, if crisis emanates from this election, the humanitarian impact would be overwhelming. I am aware that major parties signef peace accord. However, cast your mind back to the issues in Cote D'vore of late. Recall the elections that Venezuela conducted which has resulted in avoidable political crisis. We can avoid such in Nigeria by simply pressuring INEC to publish Polling Units Results. These results are already with Political Parties agents and so the errors and corruption of collation, allocation, rejection, etc are quickly eliminated.
Lastly, I trust that would not be party to frauds and fraudulent processes, which the main opposition has alleged to have been perpetrated. Instead of waiting to supply Nigeria aides as it is now being done in Venezuela, please help us pressure INEC to provide Nigerians with polling units results.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To EU Uk ,US, Canada & AU by Nobody: 5:04am On Feb 26, 2019
To my fellow countrymen and women yelling below. I know that it is in our character. In 1984, some of us aligned with IBB to annul June 12. We all ended up with Abacha dictatorship. I do not believe that your family amassed same wealth that Abacha and IBB stockpiled for their generation. Now Buhari has started hid own, what is your gain? If he is re-elected frsudulently, what is your take home from there? All I am for is Free, Fair, Credible Elections. When we keep aligning with evil, frauds, manioulation, etc our graduates will have no options that to continue to flood European refugee camps, crossing the sahara desert. Yahoo-yahoo will continue to thrive while our young girls go into prostitution. But the day our electoral process begin to make leaders accountable, good governance will become visible in Nigeria.
I dare ask you? Why do you queue uo daily at US, EU, Canadian, even South African embassies and High Commisdiond? Who then is the Ode?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To EU Uk ,US, Canada & AU by tossie101(f): 5:05am On Feb 26, 2019
K
Re: Open Letter To EU Uk ,US, Canada & AU by kayfra: 5:08am On Feb 26, 2019
Ode. International community have been satisfied with the conduct of the elections. Learn how to lose and regroup

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To EU Uk ,US, Canada & AU by KuwaiitiDinar: 5:11am On Feb 26, 2019
Wail till the end of time, nobody will hand over Nigeria to Atiku on the platform of PDP, the Party the ruined Nigeria PDP bring it on!!! APC is waiting
Re: Open Letter To EU Uk ,US, Canada & AU by AntiWailer: 5:16am On Feb 26, 2019
Clowns.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To EU Uk ,US, Canada & AU by whitebeard(m): 5:17am On Feb 26, 2019
kayfra:
Ode. International community have been satisfied with the conduct of the elections. Learn how to lose and regroup
i wonder oh....i wonder watin international community wan do instead of nigerians to fight for themselves they would be calling international community.... Rubbish..!
Re: Open Letter To EU Uk ,US, Canada & AU by Nobody: 5:48am On Feb 26, 2019
KuwaiitiDinar:
Wail till the end of time, nobody will hand over Nigeria to Atiku on the platform of PDP, the Party the ruined Nigeria PDP bring it on!!! APC is waiting

In as much as I support a candidate to win, the winner should win without fraud. Why do you love fraud? Why can't we do things right? Are we cursed? For your information, you are the ultimate loser. These politicians children are abroad while you are squatting in some ghetto looking for money to pay school fees for a a system that is below 3rd world standard.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To EU Uk ,US, Canada & AU by Benlag: 5:52am On Feb 26, 2019
When you go write letter to Amadihoha ?
Re: Open Letter To EU Uk ,US, Canada & AU by Nobody: 6:20am On Feb 26, 2019
Benlag:
When you go write letter to Amadihoha ?
When are ready to deliver it to him/ her in person in the land of the dead grin cheesy
When are you going sir? Make it quick as Amadioha is waiting for you.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To EU Uk ,US, Canada & AU by Jombom: 6:29am On Feb 26, 2019
How as PDP been doing it the past 16 years they ruled ?
Amitez:

In as much as I support a candidate to win, the winner should win without fraud. Why do you love fraud? Why can't we do things right? Are we cursed? For your information, you are the ultimate loser. These politicians children are abroad while you are squatting in some ghetto looking for money to pay school fees for a a system that is below 3rd world standard.
Re: Open Letter To EU Uk ,US, Canada & AU by Bizmagnet: 6:34am On Feb 26, 2019
When PMB was building name, they were stealing to build mansions.
Now dat they need name, wealth becomes useless.

LESSON TO LEARN.
#copied
Re: Open Letter To EU Uk ,US, Canada & AU by Nobody: 1:05pm On Feb 26, 2019
Bizmagnet:
When PMB was building name, they were stealing to build mansions.
Now dat they need name, wealth becomes useless.

LESSON TO LEARN.
#copied

Abeg park well. What name? By being ally to Abacha, Ganduje, Tinubu, Amaechi, orji Uzor Kanu, Maina, Akpabio, Uduaghan, Timipye Sylva, etc? Or by scamming us with fake integrity? What about his role in PTF? What about his role in 53 suit cases? Who was Petroleum minister when $2,8 billion got missing from NNPC in the 70s?
What about his role in NNPC $24b fraud? Where is his asset declaration form? Or his orgy to kill?
Can you in your lifetime afford a powerbike? Have you ever ridden a brand new bicycle, I am not talking of car now ooo!
You lot fool yourselves that is why Nigeria can never progress. Even Ghana has started deporting Nigerians and you are here tslking about integrity of a known FRAUDSTER who pretends to be clean.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To EU Uk ,US, Canada & AU by MalcoImX: 1:16pm On Feb 26, 2019
You can also write to FIFA, LA Liga, Series A, Carabao and Donatus Truck.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To EU Uk ,US, Canada & AU by KuwaiitiDinar: 4:54pm On Feb 26, 2019
Amitez:

Looking at the results , if there be any fraud It looked quite minimal, unlike the days of PDP, ... by the way who told l am a Nigerian and that I live in Nigeria.. Nigerian by parenthood Mum
Re: Open Letter To EU Uk ,US, Canada & AU by scribble: 4:59pm On Feb 26, 2019
kayfra:

challenging illegal result is regrouping
Re: Open Letter To EU Uk ,US, Canada & AU by kayfra: 5:32pm On Feb 26, 2019
scribble:

challenging illegal result is regrouping

Lawyers too have to chop Atiku's money
Re: Open Letter To EU Uk ,US, Canada & AU by adekolaelect(m): 6:44pm On Feb 26, 2019
Amitez:

See ranting as if he is a family to Dangote but this thing pain you well well sorry take panadol bcs over sharpness dey worry you you can relocate with Atiku to Dubai if he can help by loading you with his personal belongings bcs it be like say you have been entering voice mail .

(1) (Reply)

Buhari To Carve Two Emirates For Lagos / Osun: Group Protests, Rejects Tribunal Judgement / Igbos Will Get Nothing In Buhari’s Second Term – Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.