Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,233 members, 7,887,640 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:49 AM

Baby Boy - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Baby Boy (853 Views)

SOLD SOLD Well Maintained Honda Accord 2000 Baby Boy For Sale. 630k Fixed. / Used Honda Baby Boy For Sale@590k Sold Sold / 2001 HONDA ACCORD BABY BOY FOR SALE @ 400k....SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Boy by iMed: 6:33am On Feb 26, 2019
Hello guys,

I’m about to buy a Nigerian Used Baby Boy 2001 Honda Accord. Please kindly advise me on what to look out for in the car before payment. I know a lot of people complain about Baby Boy but that is what I can afford for now at 500k. The Toyota Pencil light I saw they said 600k last and I cannot afford up to that.

Should I buy the car or look for a Toyota? If I’m buying what and what should I check? Help me guys. @Gazzuzz @Kakakki motors @Calculusx sirs abeg ooh, everyone here with useful tips please help ooh before I pay.
Re: Baby Boy by obi58: 6:47am On Feb 26, 2019
iMed:
Hello guys,

I’m about to buy a Nigerian Used Baby Boy 2001 Honda Accord. Please kindly advise me on what to look out for in the car before payment. I know a lot of people complain about Baby Boy but that is what I can afford for now at 500k. The Toyota Pencil light I saw they said 600k last and I cannot afford up to that.

Should I buy the car or look for a Toyota? If I’m buying what and what should I check? Help me guys. @Gazzuzz @Kakakki motors @Calculusx sirs abeg ooh, everyone here with useful tips please help ooh before I pay.

Save up and buy a pencil light or drop light and thank me later.

4 plug baby boy is quite good but the parts are more expensive than the Toyota Camry.

So your best bet is the Camry or if you can add more more money you can go for the 2001 Corolla. That car na iron with very low fuel Consumption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Baby Boy by Zonto231(m): 6:53am On Feb 26, 2019
Instead of a Baby boy,save up and buy the Toyota,Baby boy is plagued with leg issues to gear box issues.or instead your 500kcan fetch you a good Nigerian used Peugeot 406 or 307 which is more rugged and durable
Re: Baby Boy by tuoky: 7:12am On Feb 26, 2019
Kindly follow the advice Given to you above.. They are Genuine.. if you buy the baby Boy, You will end up spending more than the Price on issues coming with the Car.. i am speaking from Experience.. I bought a car for 420K but end up spending over 700, Then after 1.6 months i finally resold it for 250k..
Re: Baby Boy by iMed: 7:48am On Feb 26, 2019
tuoky:
Kindly follow the advice Given to you above.. They are Genuine.. if you buy the baby Boy, You will end up spending more than the Price on issues coming with the Car.. i am speaking from Experience.. I bought a car for 420K but end up spending over 700, Then after 1.6 months i finally resold it for 250k..

Wooow!!!
Re: Baby Boy by diportivo: 2:14pm On Feb 26, 2019
if the money you have is for what u can afford,why not buy what u can actually afford?

all I know is that I see honda baby boy everywhere I go to despite the negative review

so,what exactly is happening?

I av one,and I do routine maintenance as I shld and I don't av issues/regrets

ultimately,the ball is in ur court

only a detailed inspection will let u know how good or bad the car u want to buy is.....even the almighty tiny light sef,u must thoroughly inspect
Re: Baby Boy by woodrow(m): 2:33pm On Feb 26, 2019
Someone told you he bought a "car" ,he never said he bought a baby boy.

The other one said baby boy parts are more expensive than Toyota ask him if he sells parts or has he bought parts for both cars before? Baby boy and tiny lite are they d same?

When you want to buy a car and ask for advice,try to always seperate beer parlour talks from the real talk. There are 1001 baby boys out there doing fine.same ladipo market that sells parts for tiny lite also has parts for baby boy.i can send u numbers of up to 7 people who own and use baby boy in different parts of Nigeria and are enjoying it very well.

Above all,if you like a car,and your mind wants you to buy it,pls buy it and enjoy your car.whoever decides to sell his car for 250k obviously went to buy the wrong car.

The things about life is,even if you buy the wrong rolls Royce,you wld always complain about rolls Royce as if the fault was with rolls Royce..

2 Likes

Re: Baby Boy by Hoodbilonia: 2:46pm On Feb 26, 2019
If i u
Why wud i buy a babyboy
Wen i no dey mad
Camry 2.2 sef dey bad
Top up your hustle
Spend money
And buy venza
Hahahaha
Re: Baby Boy by laivwire(m): 9:08pm On Feb 26, 2019
iMed:
Hello guys,

Each and every car can be a blessing or a curse. It just depends on the one you lay your hands on.

Hardly will you find a nigerian used car without fault. Scan the car, check body, wheels, engine and gear as these are the cost gobbling parts of a car. Drive at low and high speeds, check gears changes, lights on the dash etc

Take a trusted Mech, maybe your uncle or parents’ Mech to help inspect the car. If there’s any flaw you know you can’t afford to fix or live without, pls don’t buy the car, otherwise feel free to.

Personally I have used the Babyboy before and I feel she’s more spacious and prettier than the Camry. My choice though, you should make yours too.
Re: Baby Boy by biosilicon: 9:32pm On Feb 26, 2019
iMed:
Hello guys,

Nothing wrong in getting the baby boy if thats what you want. the only problem is the gearbox. I can't speak for the toyota because i have not owned one before. Apart from the gear issue, the baby boy is a pretty reliable ride. very economical and cheap to maintain.
forget those crap about the legs it is a big fat lie. just pay attention and change the parts once they start complaining. I drove a baby boy for 6 years and not even one single day did the leg pull on me. i can count how many times i visited the mechanic. just pour in the recommended 5W 30 oil and you are good to go. if you go to test drive the car and you notice any delay before gear engages or any jerk or thump as you accelerate then be ready to purchase another gear in the future its costs about 80k max.

All the advise above is ofcourse if you are not buying an abused baby boy.
Re: Baby Boy by obi58: 4:02am On Feb 27, 2019
woodrow:
Someone told you he bought a "car" ,he never said he bought a baby boy.

The other one said baby boy parts are more expensive than Toyota ask him if he sells parts or has he bought parts for both cars before? Baby boy and tiny lite are they d same?

When you want to buy a car and ask for advice,try to always seperate beer parlour talks from the real talk. There are 1001 baby boys out there doing fine.same ladipo market that sells parts for tiny lite also has parts for baby boy.i can send u numbers of up to 7 people who own and use baby boy in different parts of Nigeria and are enjoying it very well.

Above all,if you like a car,and your mind wants you to buy it,pls buy it and enjoy your car.whoever decides to sell his car for 250k obviously went to buy the wrong car.

The things about life is,even if you buy the wrong rolls Royce,you wld always complain about rolls Royce as if the fault was with rolls Royce..

Actually I have sir. I have driven both the baby boy and the pencil light and I can confidently say that whilst the baby boy is more spacious and luxurious, the pencil light is more affordable and durable.

You can Google the user reviews on the 99 Camry and the 02 accord to verify my position.

And yessa Camry parts are more affordable than Honda parts.
Re: Baby Boy by woodrow(m): 11:02am On Feb 27, 2019
obi58:

Actually I have sir. I have driven both the baby boy and the pencil light and I can confidently say that whilst the baby boy is more spacious and luxurious, the pencil light is more affordable and durable.

You can Google the user reviews on the 99 Camry and the 02 accord to verify my position.

And yessa Camry parts are more affordable than Honda parts.

A 1999 model vehicle definitely cannot be the same price with a 2002 vehicle so will the parts of price differ.

Not everyone would use a toyota,neither would honda be the only car around.
There is no car in this world that won't take money from the owner.no matter how hard you try even if you buy the regular Benz you would still spend money.

There is no car in the world that would last for life.even new cars have their flaws.either he gets the toyota or the honda,he would still spend no matter what.

(1) (Reply)

2003 Toyota Corolla. Reg. Automatic. SOLD / Toks 2013 Lexus Rx350 / Registered 2016 Audi A6 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.