Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,127 members, 7,887,257 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:57 AM

Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu (16696 Views)

Court Rules That INEC Can Determine How Election Results Are Transmitted / JS Okutepa SAN Who Reject Tinubu Legal Team Join Peter Obi Legal Team / Ekiti Women, Youths Reject Election Results, Describe Fayemi As Robber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by varyo: 9:11am On Feb 26, 2019
@ Tinubu,there is life after rigging.All that you she done inorder to sell the democary of this country will definitely come back to you.You can never escape it's only a matter of time.Yes you are expert in rigging,you loot the state's wealth,you commit all sort of atrocities,thugs are at your bk me call.But one thing Is for sure,the same evil you know how to do best will slay you.Is simply a question of time,you re never greater than God.Well done for being an instrument used in in destroying the country's democary nit minding what the cutizwns if this country is passing through.The end is almost before you.Whatsoever you sow,you shall reap.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by oloworulz(m): 9:12am On Feb 26, 2019
KubwaBoy:
Please who has a sure link on how I can leave this country. Please don't leave me with Buhari for the next 4 years. Nairalanders abroad, please help my situation.
it's easy na. Just go to third mainland bridge and jump into the lagoon. Oba of lagos gave ur Igbo tribes a lot of land there. Thats the shortcut to lesve this country. Thank me later
Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by Enyimbamercedes: 9:13am On Feb 26, 2019
Those who rig elections - Democrats

Those who pay thugs to disrupt voting and destroy ballots boxes - Democrats

Those who hold INEC officials hostage to alter figures and announce them winners - Democrats

1 Like

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by exlinkleads(f): 9:15am On Feb 26, 2019
Tinubu, Tinubu, Tinubu

your death will be awesome

1 Like

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by KubwaBoy: 9:15am On Feb 26, 2019
judecares1:
THE FASTEST AND THE QUICKEST IS TURKEY

Tell me more please
Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by varyo: 9:15am On Feb 26, 2019
Amenooooo

hokafor:
This old fool are you not ashamed of your self,the blood of those you and your cohorts wasted will surely vist your generations

1 Like

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by buchai: 9:20am On Feb 26, 2019
thief

1 Like

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by judecares1(m): 9:21am On Feb 26, 2019
PM ME

KubwaBoy:

Tell me more please
Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by KoeChz(m): 9:22am On Feb 26, 2019
So tinubu can come out to spew trash like this. See this criminal o claiming democrat. Bullion vans from cbn days to the election.

His supporters will be blind to the truth

1 Like

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by KoeChz(m): 9:38am On Feb 26, 2019
With all the killings and ballot box snatching and burning.

You have the gut to say the election is free, fair and credible.

The election was rigged in all 36states even in south east and southsouth to get the mandatory 25%.
The will of the people has been subverted

1 Like

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by macof(m): 9:45am On Feb 26, 2019
nairavsdollars:
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and co-chairman of APC Presidential Campaign Council spoke with journalists in Alausa, Ikeja after voting in last Saturday’s Presidential and National Assembly Elections on the chances of his party and other issues. TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI brings the excerpts:

How would you assess the election so far?

It is peaceful. So far; so good. It demonstrated the resilience of Nigerians. We are using one of the best and difficult ways to select our representatives. Even democracy is not the easiest project to manage; it is not the easiest system to maintain, but with resilience and strong determination, we are getting there and we are making progress. This morning (Saturday) I can say within this polling unit and some other ones that I have passed through, they are doing well.

How would you describe the comportment of the electorate who trooped out to cast their votes?

I commend them because despite the fact that the elections were postponed last week Saturday, they were still excited and ready to cast their votes despite the postponement. There could be frustration and disappointment at one point or the other. But we could see that it was not deliberate. We could see that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), as the umpire, gave us very good briefing throughout the week; giving us progress report. That is taking response to bullet. That is being open; that is being honest. We must move ahead; that is what we need in Nigeria and in a democratic society.

If the people of Nigeria vote out your party, what would you do?

I will say we will accept it; that is peoples’ verdict; that is their decision. Any democrats that cannot accept the results of free and fair elections, is not worthy of the name. You must be able to accept the results of a free and fair election.

What is your hope? Do you think you can win this election?

My hope and determination and for my party is that we are winning.

What gives you the confidence?

Because we have the support of the people. Look back and look at our rallies alone, that is an indication of who have the populace; the ordinary people. We are not talking about the elite; the rich. We are talking about ordinary farmers, traders, artisans and the common men. We are talking about parents whose children are feeding now at least once a day. We are talking about those people. They have to be grateful and still continue with him.

If the opposition rejects the result, what happens?

They are not democrats. They don’t believe in value and philosophy; you will see their desperation and they cannot claim to be democrats.

There have been complaints about logistics in some areas of Lagos State. Are you satisfied with the performance of INEC?

I am satisfied with what INEC is doing so far. You don’t drive yourself like a vehicle. You can easily develop fuel pomp problem on the highway. It is something that is mechanic. INEC said it experienced bad weather last week. I fly a lot. I have come to a situation where I got to an airport in this country and after spending two hours, we could not land. You cannot but accept nature. That one is beyond you.

There are allegations that your party is planning to rig the election. For example, there are pictures online that surface about bullion vans coming out of your premises?

Bullion vans; are they ballot papers? Where am I voting now?

There are allegations that those bullion vans carry money or ballot to rig election?

Is it my money or government money? I don’t work for government. I am not in the agencies of government. And let anybody come out to say I have taken any contracts from the government of President Muhammadu Buhari or All Progressives Congress (APC) in the last four years. They should prove it. I am on my own and I am committed to my party. So, even if I have money to spend in my premises; what is your headache? If I don’t represent any agency of government and I have money to spend, can’t is spend it? If I have money and give it to the people free of charge as long as it is not to buy votes. You are talking of yesterday; so who are those watching my house and seeing bullion vans; they must be mischief-makers. They are lazy people and liars.

How would you describe the electoral process in Nigeria?

None of you became adult suddenly in one day. Without the advent of science and technology, you wait until the delivery before you can even identify the sex of a child. In your home, to raise your children and to even organise your kitchen and your living room, it takes time, perseverance, tolerance, endurance, consistency and strong determination, that we have adopted in democracy and that we want it to grow. So, we leave with the hate and pains, peace and value of it and then, we would move on.
https://www.independent.ng/those-who-reject-election-results-are-not-democrats-tinubu/

Buhari is the chief of rejecting election results.. He did in 2003, 2007 and 2011
Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by Cue4rm: 9:46am On Feb 26, 2019
post=76135531:
CONFIRM!!
How come the PDP is rejecting results that have not been fully and completely announced? How can one reject the result of an uncompleted game? The process of an election does not end until the final collation and announcement of results.

Is the PDP rejecting the totality of the results nationwide?
If yes, does it mean they also reject the results that would be announced later by INEC which may indicate that they have won in certain areas?
Are they also rejecting the results already announced that indicate they won in some areas?
For instance, are they rejecting the results of the FCT already announced in which they won?

It is now obvious that the top hierarchy of the PDP is hysterical and nervous. We urge them to calm down. Obviously, this is the first time they are sensing a massive loss of an election as opposition party. 

We advise the PDP that as opposition party for many years,
we have been down this road before.
This is not the time to sacrifice the country for personal ambition.
If they feel they have lost (as their statement clearly indicates),
Alhaji Atiku Abubakar must pick up his phone to make that famous call to President Muhammadu Buhari.
The world is watching him and so are sane Nigerians.
END OF DISCUSSION!!

Do not rejoice yet, that's Peter Obi Destiny.
You will think you have defeated him, but he will surely come back. Ask questions about his first term and second term as a governor.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by themanderon: 11:57am On Feb 26, 2019
For everything that a man does in this life there is always a day of judgement. Tinubu is planting a seed, what will come out of that seed will not be pleasant to behold.

1 Like

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by ifko: 12:04pm On Feb 26, 2019
You will be rewarded accordingly and be disgraced out of APC. Ole .... bullion van president in the making...
Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by jbtobsyn(m): 12:14pm On Feb 26, 2019
post=76135531:
CONFIRM!!
How come the PDP is rejecting results that have not been fully and completely announced? How can one reject the result of an uncompleted game? The process of an election does not end until the final collation and announcement of results.

Is the PDP rejecting the totality of the results nationwide?
If yes, does it mean they also reject the results that would be announced later by INEC which may indicate that they have won in certain areas?
Are they also rejecting the results already announced that indicate they won in some areas?
For instance, are they rejecting the results of the FCT already announced in which they won?

It is now obvious that the top hierarchy of the PDP is hysterical and nervous. We urge them to calm down. Obviously, this is the first time they are sensing a massive loss of an election as opposition party. 

We advise the PDP that as opposition party for many years,
we have been down this road before.
This is not the time to sacrifice the country for personal ambition.
If they feel they have lost (as their statement clearly indicates),
Alhaji Atiku Abubakar must pick up his phone to make that famous call to President Muhammadu Buhari.
The world is watching him and so are sane Nigerians.
END OF DISCUSSION!!

Buhari also is not a democrat because he has been rejecting results before 2015

1 Like

Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by Laid2001: 12:36pm On Feb 26, 2019
Hatred is like drinking poison and expecting the hated person to die
Citizen0:
This man will not dye well
Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by celeiyke: 12:53pm On Feb 26, 2019
Someone who only delivered 400k votes. Buhari will deal with U. How is Tinubu better than Umahi that gave Buhari 90k votes. Tinubu is over rated
Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by Ojoji(m): 1:33pm On Feb 26, 2019
Don't worry my brother, the stick used to whip the first wife is there waiting to be used against new bride. Tinubu you need to be very concerned with what happened in core north, I am very sure Buhari and co. cannot keep the promise they made with you.
Re: Those Who Reject Election Results Are Not Democrats – Tinubu by hisexcellency34: 2:25pm On Feb 26, 2019
If he thinks Buhari will hand over to him in 2023, then i am sorry for him
Ojoji:
Don't worry my brother, the stick used to whip the first wife is there waiting to be used against new bride. Tinubu you need to be very concerned with what happened in core north, I am very sure Buhari and co. cannot keep the promise they made with you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pauline Tallen Meets Amina Mohammed At UN (Photos) / Will 'President' Buhari Rear Cows In Aso Rock Gardens? / 7000 APC Members Defect To PDP In Ikara, Kaduna (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.