Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,998 members, 7,886,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:27 PM

Chelsea Fine Kepa Arrizabalaga For Carabao Cup Final Meltdown - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Fine Kepa Arrizabalaga For Carabao Cup Final Meltdown (199 Views)

Give Him The Ballon D'or' – Iheanacho Inspires Twitter Meltdown / Chelsea Fine List 'leaked' / Kepa Arrizabalaga Set To Become The Most Expensive Goalkeeper Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Fine Kepa Arrizabalaga For Carabao Cup Final Meltdown by Zubelu11: 8:06pm On Feb 26, 2019
Chelsea keeper Kepa Arrizabalaga has been fined one week’s wages for his refusal to be substituted during the club’s Carabao Cup final loss to Manchester City, Chelsea have confirmed.

Chelsea head coach Maurizio Sarri was left enraged on the Wembley touchline when the goalkeeper, having received treatment twice on the pitch during extra time, angrily waved away the Italian’s attempt to substitute him with Willy Caballero.

Both men played down the incident as a big “misunderstanding” after the match, but in a follow-up statement on the club’s website Kepa admitted he made “a big mistake” by going against Sarri’s wishes and added that he will accept every punishment he’s given.

“I was very happy to play in my first cup final for Chelsea yesterday and very proud of the team performance,” the Spaniard said. “I have thought a lot more about yesterday’s events. Although there was a misunderstanding, on reflection, I made a big mistake with how I handled the situation.

“I wanted to take the time today to apologise fully and in person to the coach, to Willy, my teammates and to the club. I have done this and now I want to offer the same apology to the fans. I will learn from this episode and will accept any punishment or discipline the club decides is appropriate.”

Kepa is expected to keep his place in Chelsea’s starting XI for the visit of Tottenham to Stamford Bridge in the Premier League on Wednesday according to sources, and Sarri was keen to draw a line under the episode.

Continue at https://zubelu.com/blog/chelsea-fine-kepa-arrizabalaga-for-carabao-cup-final-meltdown/

(1) (Reply)

Below Sea Level / Jealous Lover Shoots Girlfriend In Bayelsa On Suspicion Of Cheating / How To Watch KSW 48 Live Online - Szymanski Vs Parnasse Fight Streaming Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.