Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,182 members, 7,903,901 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 12:24 AM

Total Nigeria Selection Test - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Total Nigeria Selection Test (7488 Views)

Total Nigeria Plc Is Recruiting / Total Nigeria Is Recruiting Massively!!! / SHELL : Invitation To Technical Graduate Selection Test. What Should I Expect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by napoleon77(m): 5:20pm On Sep 29, 2010
@Fortune444, the rejection mails were personalized.They were from the same email address that invited us for the Selection Tests and Structured Interviews. I am more than confident that those of us who attended the interviews and havent yet been contacted would be called for the presentation. How many of U attended the interviews?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by buyaka(m): 5:23pm On Sep 29, 2010
what sort of rejection letter are we talking about, lets know if the the sender of the email uses the same adress as the one that invited us for test and interview.
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by JahMan1: 6:27pm On Sep 29, 2010
I am off for a hot public service job for now while I wait for the next time they will call me.
This time around it should be for 8-10 yrs experience as the HR team took time to educate me on the bands in Finance in Total;
0 - 5 yrs experience (where the drilling cost controller I applied for fall under)
5 - 10 yrs
10 - 15 yrs
15 - 20 yrs
20 - 25 yrs
Etc.
The info I got(from another insider source) was that their GM-Finance is just 42 yrs, meaning 18 more yrs to stay unless cross-border postings takes him away.
The implication is that those below him will clock 60 and retire without getting to the top.
So I guess I should be aiming at the second band atleast.

I wish all of you all the best and please do celebrate here when you are through.
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by Fortune444: 7:48pm On Sep 29, 2010
hi guys, this is the automated email i told u about.

Napole0n77, from what you say it seems the rejections are different. I will contact others in my group to know if they received any such rejections. Do you know anyone outside your interview group that got the same rejection on Friday?

We were 7 in total in my group.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear <YOUR NAME>,

Having analysed all the applications, unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the <JOB POSITION APPLIED FOR> opening. However, the information provided will be held in our databse and will be available to the various recruitment departments across the Group. This will enable them to contact you directly if there is an opening that could be of interest to you.

Best regards,

Recruitment Department
Total
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by Fortune444: 9:55pm On Sep 29, 2010
naapoleon77, this is the automated reply i talked about below:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dear <Applicants Name>,

Having analysed all the applications, unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the <Position Applied For> opening. However, the information provided will be held in our databse and will be available to the various recruitment departments across the Group. This will enable them to contact you directly if there is an opening that could be of interest to you.

Best regards,

Recruitment Department
Total

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

I personally have not gotten the rejection mail as you talked about and still hoping for the best.

cheers
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by napoleon77(m): 9:10am On Oct 02, 2010
@Fortune444, I just got the automated rejection mail after midnight this morning! And today is exactly 120 days since I applied! The mail was NOT from the address that invited us for Test and Interviews.
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by lapazarian: 1:41pm On Oct 02, 2010
Hi all,

I got the so called "rejection mail" at about 12:00 am this morning. It's an automated mail, I believe so because I already got an invite for panel interviews coming up on Tuesday.

Does any one know what the format is like?
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by Fortune444: 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2010
hi lapazarian,

I am still waiting for my panel presentation call, but will update you as i have heard from others:

you will be given 3 to 6 topics to choose from and some time to prepare your presentation, then about 10 mins to present to the panel.

tell me, when did you get your panel interview invitation letter and which position, thanks.

napoleon, i think we are right, the automated rejection may just be general afterall.
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by napoleon77(m): 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2010
@Fortune444, thats true I believe its automated-a friend got both the automated one and the one from the address that invited us for test and interviews
@Lapazarian, please when did U get your invite?When did U do your structured interviews and what position?
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by lapazarian: 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2010
Structured interview for well engineer was on the 17th of August.
Got invitation letter for panel interviews on the 27th of September (date is October 5th).
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by napoleon77(m): 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2010
@Lapazarian, I wish U success
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by johns009: 2:23pm On Oct 03, 2010
Hello guys any update as per subject. Has any one received letter for medical after the panel interview. @jahman: Oga any info from ur side. God go bless us all oh,
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by papihand: 6:53pm On Oct 05, 2010
Omo this is a site when you can check for vacancies of http://www.nigerianvacancies.com/2010/10/engineering-jobs-in-nigeria.html grin
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by Fortune444: 11:11am On Oct 08, 2010
hi lapazarian,

How did the panel presentation go? Do you know if other positions were also interviewed that day or only your field?

Thanks for any updates.
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by lapazarian: 11:57pm On Oct 10, 2010
Fortune 444,

It went well, we were given about 6 topics to choose from. The presentation is informal as well as interactive so its no problem as long as you know your field well enough.

Only my field was interviewed but they will be conducting interviews for various fields for the the next two weeks.

All the best.
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by Fortune444: 10:28am On Oct 11, 2010
Thanks Lapazarian,

We earlier heard these 6 topics are randomly assigned to the candidates - is this true? or are you freely allowed to pick any one of the 6 you choose?

Thanks.
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by lapazarian: 5:45pm On Oct 11, 2010
You can pick any of the 6
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by buyaka(m): 1:17pm On Oct 16, 2010
i leart that total have started calling 4 medicals 2 one person on each position applied 4
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by Fortune444: 3:06pm On Oct 16, 2010
I heard the same, i hear they are already sending congratulatory messages to successfull candidates.

Guys, I still await my panel presentation call - any idea how long more the panel presentations may last?? Some say it should have ended this weekend, but i hope not.

you thoughts,
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by JahMan1: 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2010
I need update on this Total thing.
If the guys I have their GSM refused to update me and guys in NL don't have anyone that made it into Total,then,

Update please.
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by buyaka(m): 7:09pm On Oct 28, 2010
PLS WILL THOSE WHO GOT TO THE 3RD STAGE ( fiNAL INTERVIEW) WHO HAVE NOT BEEN CALLED 4 MEDICALS STILL BE CALLED LATER ON?
Re: Total Nigeria Selection Test by buyaka(m): 6:04am On Nov 04, 2010
@ lapazarian, were u called for medical, what happen to those of us who go to final interview and no news yet @ wondergirl, let hope and keep praying

(1) (2) (Reply)

Job For Urban And Regional Planning / U-connect CBT On Behalf Of Standard Chartered Bank / Workforce Group Latest Job Recruitment (6 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.