Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,914 members, 7,938,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 11:58 AM

Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja (2153 Views)

Buhari Meets With Narendra Modi, India's Prime Minister (Photo) / UK Prime Minister Tweets About Nigeria.. See Snapshots. / Femi, Son Of Osinbajo Sends Out A Disclaimer For Her Sister Kiki Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by Beaf: 7:01am On Aug 29, 2010
[size=14pt]Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja[/size]
By Ehis Agbon, WorldNewsVine, Nigeria.

Dr Jhalil Tafawa Balewa, son of Nigeria’s first Prime Minister Tafawa Balewa, has been allegedly kidnapped in Abuja, He was reportedly taken in his office Friday (August 27) evening.

Reports reaching WorldNewsVine indicates that the Kidnappers made contact with the family this morning (Saturday August 28) demanding a 100 million Naira ($ 666,666.7) ransom.

There is presently confusion as there is nobody to give information to the press. When WorldNewsVine visited his house at Jabi district in Abuja, his wife was still in a state of shock and could not talk to us.

However an Aid to Dr Jhalil confirmed that he was kidnapped at about 7pm in his office while he was relaxing and that the kidnappers have made contact with the family and the family is doing everything possible to gain his release.

Efforts to get a confirmation from the police were abortive as the FCT Police public relations officer, Jimoh Moshood, said he will get back to me as soon as he has a confirmation. The Nigeria Police Force Public Relations Officer Emmanuel Ojukwu could not also be reached as our calls were unanswered

Dr Jhalil is a doctor of Nuclear Medicine, forensic pathologist, a business man and politician. He is also the Chiarman of Googluck Na Kowa (which means Goodluck for all) a political support group for President Goodluck Jonathan 2011 presidential election. He returned to Nigeria last year.

His father, Alh. Tafawa Balewa, was Nigeria’s first Prime Minister at Independence in 1960.

http://worldnewsvine.com/2010/08/son-of-nigerias-first-prime-minister-kidnapped-in-abuja/
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 29, 2010
Christ have Mercy. My Good Lord
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by blacksta(m): 7:24am On Aug 29, 2010
Nobody is safe anymore in Nigeria  shocked
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by Afam4eva(m): 7:48am On Aug 29, 2010
Things just keep getting worse.
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by EzeUche(m): 8:41am On Aug 29, 2010
It is spreading! shocked

It first started in the Niger Detla, it then spread into Alaigbo now it is moving up to Abuja.
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by jamace(m): 11:34am On Aug 29, 2010
How are we sure this kidnap is not politically motivated or is my brainwaves overstretching bounds?
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by snowdrops(m): 11:35am On Aug 29, 2010
even in abuja!!

no where is safe in naija anumore
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by Riot5000: 12:01pm On Aug 29, 2010
GOOD FOR THEM.
Now, they should go and kidnap JONATHAN, and the SENATORS and their family members.
Chief of Police should be KIDNAPPED too with his wife RAPED by the kidnappers.
ALL the GOVERNORS and their families should be kidnapped.
Orjih kalu in ABIA should have his daughter kidnapped and impregnated by the kidnappers.
DO YOU THINK there will be an eventual declaration of war on kidnapping if these people are kidnapped?
YOU BET YOUR ASSS.
As long as the little guy is the victim of crime ANYWHERE, NOTHING will be done about it
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by knotty(m): 12:01pm On Aug 29, 2010
Police rescue kidnapped Jonathan’s campaign director
Written by Nuruddeen M. Abdallah & Abdul-Rahman Abubakar  
Sunday, 29 August 2010 01:11
[Inspector General Onovo]

Inspector General Onovo
The embattled son of the First Republic Prime Minister of Nigeria and leader of one of the numerous President Goodluck Jonathan campaign organisations, Dr Jhailil Tafawa Balewa, who was kidnapped in Abuja last Friday, was rescued last night after a gun battle between the police and the kidnappers.  

The FCT police command spokesperson, SP Moshood Jimoh said that three persons were arrested with a short gun. The arrested kidnappers were seriously injured and were taken to hospital. He added that no ransom was paid even though the bandits had earlier demanded for N100 million ransom.  

Balewa, who is leading Goodluck Na Kowa, meaning “Goodluck for All” was seized by a gang of four armed men, who invaded his residence at 29 Asheik Jarma Street in the Jabi area of Abuja about 7pm last Friday.

The embattled politician, it could be recalled, was disowned by the Balewa family in December 2008. He was held in the presence of his wife, Mrs Hafsat Balewa, daughter of one time Premier of Western Region, Chief Samuel Akintola. Their cellular phones were equally seized.

He had led the group to Lagos last Wednesday to interact with journalists in preparation for the group’s formal launch in Abuja on September 8.

Balewa was said to have fallen into the hands of the kidnappers after he had purchased his air ticket that Friday, ready to lead his Goodluck Na Kowa group to put up a show at Umuahia, Abia State where Governor Theodore Orji formally defected to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) yesterday.

A statement signed by Alhaji Yakubu Abubakar Tafawa Balewa on behalf of the family said that “in a meeting held between members of the family and the said Dr Jhalil, he could not with sincerity substantiate with conviction who his father (or mother) is among Abubakar Tafawa Balewa offspring. He was therefore advised to stop using the family name to seek undue publicity,” the statement stated.

Adding that “the family wishes to alert the general public that the late Prime Minister didn’t, while alive or at death, sire a child out of wedlock. His high moral standing, decorum and humility are the legacies which family we lives by and strives to uphold.”

Efforts to reach the National Secretary of the Goodluck Na Kowa, Malam Mohammed Bala Abdullahi failed as he probably had gone to Umuahia for the PDP rally.

http://www.sunday.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4518:police-rescue-kidnapped-jonathans-campaign-director-&catid=54:lead-stories
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by Riot5000: 12:15pm On Aug 29, 2010
LOL.
DNA TEST WILL DETERMINE WHETHER TAFAWA BALEWA WAS A LovePeddler or NOT.
Good Name my asss.
As long as a Man has a Cock that works, do not vouch for his sexual intergrity because you will come out a big fool.
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by slap1(m): 12:31pm On Aug 29, 2010
blacksta:

Nobody is safe anymore in Nigeria  shocked
Speak for urself, I'm safe, lol.
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by komando1: 1:39pm On Aug 29, 2010
Mrs Hafsat Balewa, daughter of one time Premier of Western Region, Chief Samuel Akintola.

Na wa o.
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by komando1: 1:41pm On Aug 29, 2010
Mrs Hafsat Balewa, daughter of one time Premier of Western Region, Chief Samuel Akintola.

They must have been playing ludo while their fathers were playing politics. Nice one sha.
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by oderemo(m): 1:46pm On Aug 29, 2010
the family wishes to alert the general public that the late Prime Minister didn’t, while alive or at death, sire a child out of wedlock. His high moral standing, decorum and humility are the legacies which family we lives by and strives to uphold.”
i laff in ijebu. grin grin grin
decorum and humility ?
pls.
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by udezue(m): 1:49pm On Aug 29, 2010
Wow!!!! It sure is spreading like fire. Oh well let em cought out millions then. They have the $$$.
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by vinooh: 2:21pm On Aug 29, 2010
komando.:

Na wa o.
i don't believe his wife is chief Akintola's daughter too
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by EzeUche(m): 4:38pm On Aug 29, 2010
slap1:

Speak for urself, I'm safe, lol.

Ha ha ha! grin

You must know some of the kidnappers in Abia.
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 29, 2010
Look they should just not bring this nonsense to my state, Ekiti,  at all at all.
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by EzeUche(m): 4:58pm On Aug 29, 2010
Deleted
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 29, 2010
EzeUche:

Ekiti state has its own problems with almajiris. . . And Fulani herdsmen. undecided
I know. That's enough problem, kidnapping should not be added.
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by slap1(m): 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2010
EzeUche:

Ha ha ha! grin

You must know some of the kidnappers in Abia.
That's if I'm not one of them. . .
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by AkinEgba: 5:53pm On Aug 29, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I know. That's enough problem, kidnapping should not be added.

In which planet do you live? Kidnapping is already at high gear  in Ekiti.
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by EzeUche(m): 6:50pm On Aug 29, 2010
slap1:

That's if I'm not one of them. . .

Let me find out! grin

If T.A. Orji gives money for telling the authorities who the kidnappers are, I would gladly tell on you. cool
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by jamace(m): 6:57pm On Aug 29, 2010
Let me find out! grin

If T.A. Orji gives money for telling the authorities who the kidnappers are, I would gladly tell on you. cool
That would be a cool biz, you know. grin
Re: Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja by slap1(m): 2:19am On Aug 30, 2010
jamace:

That would be a cool biz, you know. grin

Um. . . . I was only joking!

(1) (Reply)

Our Concern For Senator John Akpan Udoedehe (uyio Akwa Ibom Europe) / Three Federal University Of Technology Akure Students To Represent Nigeria. / Has Lagos State Declared June 12 As Public Holiday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.