Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,352 members, 7,888,121 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:55 PM

Rappers In The House Please Help Settle This Argument - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rappers In The House Please Help Settle This Argument (290 Views)

There Exist Female Rappers In Arewa (Photos) / Top 10 Best Rappers In Nigeria 2020 / Vector Replies M.I For Dissing Nigerian Rappers In His Song (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rappers In The House Please Help Settle This Argument by nicbawa: 9:24pm On Feb 27, 2019
hello greetings to the great rappers on n.l, please their was a great argument between two of my friends today and since I was not good at rap I just kept quiet and watched them, but since I am a member of n.l and I have seen people bring post here most times for suggestion, I decided to drop this one in the music section

Now the argument goes like this, for you to be a rapper you have to know how to freestyle,

One said yes and

The other said no, that as long as you know how to write raps, practice it and spit it out, that you are a good rapper.

What's you guys opinion on this?
Re: Rappers In The House Please Help Settle This Argument by Okuda(m): 9:48pm On Feb 27, 2019
i dont think you must be a freestyler to be a good rapper. thts the problem. people have mistaken it to be so but it shoyldnt be. a good rapper must be eloquent, have good organization of words and must have a good vocabulary. I have worked with MI for a year and i noticed that he has a good command of english and words. words i havent heard before and this was because right from childhood himself, jesse and Jason(the last born who happens to be a fantastic writer ) read alot. so while other children see play as play, they see reading as play and that built them up to be able to execllently manipulate english language which make them look good outside.

i feel rappers who think freestyling should be it are those who want to impress. on an aside, una no get another thing to do with una life wey una dey argue useless arguement wey no fit put food for una table? abi uns no dey nigeria this weekend wey them rape our democracy?
Re: Rappers In The House Please Help Settle This Argument by falcon01: 10:30pm On Feb 27, 2019
nicbawa:

To be a good rapper, you have to be very good with words , you also should be able to come up with few lines instantly rapping should come from the heart, you are telling a story but in rhythmic way you are talking from the heart. not like these new generation music that all you hear is "hagadaba skrrrrrr p hu ha hatata ba yo! pussy money yo eat that ass yo yo skrrrrr yeah ah ah skrrr pa Bleep em skrrrrr"
Re: Rappers In The House Please Help Settle This Argument by DoubleSixMUZIK(m): 9:02am On Feb 28, 2019
There are several types of freestyles as far as rap is concerned. Let me give you a few examples -

* Recording an already written/pre-meditated rap verse over a popular instrumental for the purpose of a mixtape is considered a freestyle. Example - 50 Cent/C.R.E.A.M Freestyle from the "Guess Who's Back" Mixtape.

* Rapping an already written or recorded verse over a popular instrumental during a radio or TV interview to oblige the OAP is also considered a freestyle. Example - Dagrin's freestyle on "Jimmy's Jump Off"

* Rapping a verse for the purpose of a cypher is a freestyle. Case study - BET Cypha

* Rapping an unwritten verse on impulse, with moderators or opponents throwing random topics at you is a freestyle. Example - Battle raps

That's a few examples I can give. In my opinion, any rapper who can deliver solid bars with a razor sharp delivery is dope. Wether he's rapping off the top of his head, or wether he's rapping an already written verse. Just keep it dope.

(1) (Reply)

Music: Yung6ix – “wake Up” / [music] Dremo – Mirror / Blackface Brings The 'war' To 2face Idibia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.