Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,982 members, 7,973,387 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:36 PM

What To Do When You Visit An Uncle With A Terrible Cook Wife - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What To Do When You Visit An Uncle With A Terrible Cook Wife (828 Views)

Ladies, What Are The Two Things That Would Make You Visit A Guy Repeatedly? / You Visit Your Fiance For The First Time And You See This House (photo) / She’s A Terrible Cook And Frowns Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do When You Visit An Uncle With A Terrible Cook Wife by Goodlyhrt(m): 12:20pm On Feb 28, 2019
I can't just explain how eager I felt visiting my uncle and the wife living in another state, because it's been long since the last time I saw the family. They welcomed me with open arms and invited me to dinner not long after. I declined initially because I felt full that evening, but I thought it would be rude so I said atleast let me taste the putty sorry meal. It was eba with soup. I had high hopes because the wife is pretty and I made the mistake of equating pretty = good meal. God! How wrong I was.

It was weird in that when we started the dig in, she warned that she doesn't use salt in their cooking because the doctor said,(maybe she has HBP) and that they eat their food without salt, that do I need salt? I said yes o! But frankly I'd needed more than that because I found out that the food needs to be recooked entirely. Gosh it was so bad. it tasted like water and oil with achi(in igbo) and meat, the whole thing tasted so raw only the meat was tender but still was tasteless.

I hated my coming there from that very moment and to think I wanted to spend one month.

She got angry the second time I declined her meal and was feeling bad. I had to close my eyes to swallow some balls of the eba and felt sick from the torture, I feigned OK and went out to throw up this time.

She cooked jollof rice yesterday and my God! it tasted fruity(maybe the spice) IMO and undone no salt or pepper Trace . My money is almost spent on foods from outside. I don't know what to do with this situation. I have other relatives here too but I felt I will enjoy here more than those other places but now I'm seriously considering my options and will damn her feelings. I can't die of starvation say wetin happen na.

I have a feeling that they normally buy their foods outside, and I am being served that dross as a treat from the wife, because we've been in good terms from the moment she married my uncle. The funny thing is the children don't eat her foods, they buy food for them outside, just me and my uncle and he adore her foods.

The thought of going to eat her food this afternoon is killing me as I have no other choice.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When You Visit An Uncle With A Terrible Cook Wife by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 28, 2019
Eat it and stop complaining.
I never hear where bad cooking kill person before
Chop am lick plate
Some people never see food chop sef

Na you "felt" to waka go greet uncle
You have to develop feelings for their food too
Re: What To Do When You Visit An Uncle With A Terrible Cook Wife by lummy247: 12:26pm On Feb 28, 2019
The truth is that you need to get busy and stop touring.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When You Visit An Uncle With A Terrible Cook Wife by Goodlyhrt(m): 12:29pm On Feb 28, 2019
Shibaraba:
Eat it
Eat what?
Re: What To Do When You Visit An Uncle With A Terrible Cook Wife by OddsIsland(m): 12:31pm On Feb 28, 2019
If your wallet is empty you have no choice
Re: What To Do When You Visit An Uncle With A Terrible Cook Wife by Apus: 12:32pm On Feb 28, 2019
Goodlyhrt:
I can't just explain how eager I felt visiting my uncle and the wife living in another state, because it's been long since the last time I saw the family. They welcomed me with open arms and invited me to dinner not long after. I declined initially because I felt full that evening, but I thought it would be rude so I said atleast let me taste the putty sorry meal. It was eba with soup. I had high hopes because the wife is pretty and I made the mistake of equating pretty = good meal. God! How wrong I was.

It was weird in that when we started the dig in, she warned that she doesn't use salt in their cooking because the doctor said,(maybe she has HBP) and that they eat their food without salt, that do I need salt? I said yes o! But frankly I'd needed more than that because I found out that the food needs to be recooked entirely. Gosh it was so bad. it tasted like water and oil with achi(in igbo) and meat, the whole thing tasted so raw only the meat was tender but still was tasteless.

I hated my coming there from that very moment and to think I wanted to spend one month.

She got angry the second time I declined her meal and was feeling bad. I had to close my eyes to swallow some balls of the eba and felt sick from the torture, I feigned OK and went out to throw up this time.

She cooked jollof rice yesterday and my God! it tasted fruity(maybe the spice) IMO and undone no salt or pepper Trace . My money is almost spent on foods from outside. I don't know what to do with this situation. I have other relatives here too but I felt I will enjoy here more than those other places but now I'm seriously considering my options and will damn her feelings. I can't die of starvation say wetin happen na.

I have a feeling that they normally buy their foods outside, and I am being served that dross as a treat from the wife, because we've been in good terms from the moment she married my uncle. The funny thing is the children don't eat her foods, they buy food for them outside, just me and my uncle and he adore her foods.

The thought of going to eat her food this afternoon is killing me as I have no other choice.

Since u noticed they normally buy food outside, U can kindly tell ur hosts you wouldn't want to further inconvenience them since you not a stranger and you are perfectly ok with buying food outside provided your uncle helps out with money for that purpose.

But OP one month is too much ooo
Re: What To Do When You Visit An Uncle With A Terrible Cook Wife by Goodlyhrt(m): 12:38pm On Feb 28, 2019
Apus:

Since u noticed they normally buy food outside, U can kindly tell ur hosts you wouldn't want to further inconvenience them since you not a stranger and you are perfectly ok with buying food outside provided your uncle helps out with money for that purpose.

But OP one month is too much ooo
I am throwing in the kitchen sink next time I see my uncle and I will tell him straight up. or I find another place.
Re: What To Do When You Visit An Uncle With A Terrible Cook Wife by faithfull18(f): 12:47pm On Feb 28, 2019
Offer to do the cooking now and stop complaining.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Visit An Uncle With A Terrible Cook Wife by Apus: 12:47pm On Feb 28, 2019
Goodlyhrt:
I am throwing in the kitchen sink next time I see my uncle and I will tell him straight up. or I find another place.

Lols.. Pele!!

Just don't make it too obvious so as not to break a home cos there must be a reason his children are eating out in d first place.
Re: What To Do When You Visit An Uncle With A Terrible Cook Wife by Nobody: 3:06am On Mar 01, 2019
grin
Re: What To Do When You Visit An Uncle With A Terrible Cook Wife by Nobody: 5:16am On Mar 01, 2019
grin
Re: What To Do When You Visit An Uncle With A Terrible Cook Wife by TheEminentLaity: 5:18am On Mar 01, 2019
What to do? grin

Simple!

Mind your business

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Men Ignore Women / Being A Prostitute In Nigeria Has Little To Do With Se.x- Nigerian Writer / 8 Ways To Talk To A Girl And She Would Love You Even If You Are Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.