Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,647 members, 7,902,017 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 07:43 PM

Honda 06 DC Power Steering Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda 06 DC Power Steering Issue (1770 Views)

Power Steering Issue / Hyundai Accent Electronic Power Steering Problem / Symptoms Of A Bad Power Steering Pump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda 06 DC Power Steering Issue by neyop85(m): 1:17pm On Mar 01, 2019
: Car Talk Chat Room by neyop85(m): 1:15pm
Hi all,

I'm having power steering issues with my Honda DC 2006. When the car is in motion the steering feels easy, smooth and soft but when I'm stationary, without revving, the steering feels hard and difficult and when I force it the power steering starts making noise.

Please what could be the problem and how do I fix it.

My daily douse of panadol has increased. Old any advice?
Re: Honda 06 DC Power Steering Issue by mayor2013: 1:28pm On Mar 01, 2019
neyop85:
Hi all,

I'm having power steering issues with my Honda DC 2006. When the car is in motion the steering feels easy, smooth and soft but when I'm stationary, without revving, the steering feels hard and difficult and when I force it the power steering starts making noise.

Have your power steering pump changed. Ensure the power steering reservoir is cleaned up properly from debris before installation. If reservoir is extremely dirty have it changed

1 Like

Re: Honda 06 DC Power Steering Issue by neyop85(m): 2:18pm On Mar 01, 2019
mayor2013:

Have your power steering pump changed. Ensure the power steering reservoir is cleaned up properly from debris before installation. If reservoir is extremely dirty have it changed

Thanks bro.
Re: Honda 06 DC Power Steering Issue by thebigkendo(m): 4:24pm On Mar 01, 2019
neyop85:
Hi all,

Honda & Power steering issue na 5 & 6
Welcome to the club grin grin grin

Check you power steering fluid level.. If it is low, check around for leakage(seriously pray leakage is not from the steering rack) & solve ..
If the fluid is not low, its most probably your power steering pump, repair or replace & you will be fine.

Diportivo come & welcome our honda power steering compadre
Re: Honda 06 DC Power Steering Issue by neyop85(m): 6:26pm On Mar 01, 2019
thebigkendo:

Honda & Power steering issue na 5 & 6
Welcome to the club grin grin grin

Check you power steering fluid level.. If it is low, check around for leakage(seriously pray leakage is not from the steering rack) & solve ..
If the fluid is not low, its most probably your power steering pump, repair or replace & you will be fine.

Diportivo come & welcome our honda power steering compadre

Thanks bro, no traces of leakage on the rack, it's dry and neat. I will take it for inspection cos if leakage exist I sld be battling with low oil level which I'm not.

I will look for a good mechanic who might be able to fix it.
Re: Honda 06 DC Power Steering Issue by thebigkendo(m): 6:41pm On Mar 01, 2019
neyop85:

Thanks bro, no traces of leakage on the rack, it's dry and neat. I will take it for inspection cos if leakage exist I sld be battling with low oil level which I'm not.

If no leakage & oil is not low.. Replace power steering pump.
Re: Honda 06 DC Power Steering Issue by mayor2013: 6:56pm On Mar 01, 2019
neyop85:

Let me just advice you. Go for a brand new power steering pump
Re: Honda 06 DC Power Steering Issue by diportivo: 8:03pm On Mar 01, 2019
lol

bad pump
Re: Honda 06 DC Power Steering Issue by neyop85(m): 11:37pm On Mar 01, 2019
mayor2013:

Let me just advice you. Go for a brand new power steering pump

Thank you, I hope it's not too expensive?
Re: Honda 06 DC Power Steering Issue by IghoCentric(m): 12:05am On Mar 02, 2019
Follow that advice that said brand new pump... fairly used are mostly previously worked on(repaired) in the market there.... if u buy second hand, u are just playing roulette with ur money.. and most times it always backfires... and let the mech bleed it well after installation... cos air in the system can still spoil it... plus dont let them catch the fliud and reuse it, buy fresh ATF free of contaminants.

1 Like

Re: Honda 06 DC Power Steering Issue by OilsPartsCars: 8:44am On Mar 02, 2019
neyop85:

Thank you, I hope it's not too expensive?

It is.

Power steering issues are not so straightforward.

If you come to my shop. I will quote for a rack and a pump having informed you I will fix the pump first, and see if that alone fixes it. People drive a stiff steering so long, that it affects the rack too.

As long as the rack isn't leaking, there is a slim chance the rack is bad. But you can't totally rule that out.

Original pump is Expensive, with a capital E. Not some Chinese knock off.

Trust your mechanic enough to sort this out. He should get a used pump, and only pay when it works. Sometimes, the seller comes to fix so there are no stories.

1 Like

Re: Honda 06 DC Power Steering Issue by neyop85(m): 12:42pm On Mar 02, 2019
OilsPartsCars:

It is.

Power steering issues are not so straightforward.

If you come to my shop. I will quote for a rack and a pump having informed you I will fix the pump first, and see if that alone fixes it. People drive a stiff steering so long, that it affects the rack too.

As long as the rack isn't leaking, there is a slim chance the rack is bad. But you can't totally rule that out.

Original pump is Expensive, with a capital E. Not some Chinese knock off.

Trust your mechanic enough to sort this out. He should get a used pump, and only pay when it works. Sometimes, the seller comes to fix so there are no stories.

Akinola

Thank you, can you come fix so there wouldn't be stories?
Re: Honda 06 DC Power Steering Issue by OilsPartsCars: 3:25pm On Mar 02, 2019
neyop85:

Thank you, can you come fix so there wouldn't be stories?

The problem is not who fixes, but if pump is good.

BTW, the rack too could b bad.

Send my flight ticket, I am based in Aba, and Labour 2 hrs standard time. I charge 400 naira per minute grin. Can we still do business wink

Boss. Get your mechanic to fix it sir kiss
Re: Honda 06 DC Power Steering Issue by neyop85(m): 10:01pm On Mar 04, 2019
OilsPartsCars:

Send my flight ticket, I am based in Aba, and Labour 2 hrs standard time. I charge 400 naira per minute grin. Can we still do business wink

Thanks bro...

Re: Honda 06 DC Power Steering Issue by neyop85(m): 10:02pm On Mar 04, 2019
OilsPartsCars:

Thanks bro... Occasionally, the steering goes back to normal and gets soft bit after a while, the scon scon starts again.

Re: Honda 06 DC Power Steering Issue by OilsPartsCars: 11:12pm On Mar 04, 2019
[quote author=neyop85 post=76354324][/quote]

The longer you take in fixing this problem, the more your chances of getting a cheaper fix becomes slimmer.

Take the car to a mechanic and change the pump asap before you ground your rack.

(1) (Reply)

Should I Be Wary About The Volvo Type R ? / Ordering Car Please Advice / Honda Accord (baby Boy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.