Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,345 members, 7,881,281 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:46 PM

Nigerian Police Needs Our Prayers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Police Needs Our Prayers (627 Views)

5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers / Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? / Pastor Benny Hinn Seriously Ill And Needs Our Prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Police Needs Our Prayers by unclebros: 8:05am On Aug 30, 2010
Yes, they are very bad and very corrupt, but its been confirmed that when our police goes outside the shores of Naija, their performance rating is as high as other police from other nations. But when they are in Naija they are terrible. The fact is the Nigerian Police is a true reflection of the Nigerian Society.

If there is a call to pray for our Police would you?
Re: Nigerian Police Needs Our Prayers by manmustwac(m): 8:44am On Aug 30, 2010
Your seriously deluded if u believe prayers will stop our police force from being very bad and corrupt. Prayers will never make our greedy corrupt and selfish very religious leaders pay thier salaries on time or better still increase it. Like you said its a true reflection of our society.

What should really happen is that all semi literate officers should be sacked. Educated people should be employed and salary should be increased to around 100 kay a month to encourage honesty and reduce corruption. But then change will only start from the top.
Re: Nigerian Police Needs Our Prayers by Zodiac61(m): 1:32pm On Aug 30, 2010
The Nigerian Police Force does not need any prayers from anyone.
What the police force needs are honest and dedicated officers, who enforce the law without fear and favour. What police officers need are living wages and respect from the society. What they need is a society where no body thinks that they are above the law of the land, or that they are subject to a 'higher law' from the bible or the koran.
As recognised, the NPF is a reflection of the society. We, therefore, need a more equal and a fairer society. We do not need politicians and religious conmen living off the fat of the land, whilst the common man suffers.
We do not need pastors stealing money or committing other crimes and being untouchable because, according to some morons, the bible says 'touch not my anointed.'
Finally, the police force does not need your prayers, because prayers do not work. It is a waste of time.
Re: Nigerian Police Needs Our Prayers by unclebros: 2:48pm On Aug 30, 2010
@Zodiac61

With all that you analysed, dont you think its only prayers that can provide the enabling spiritual environment for all of these to happen?
By the way, prayers Do Work!

Except you dont know how to pray or who to pray to.
Re: Nigerian Police Needs Our Prayers by seyibrown(f): 6:06pm On Aug 30, 2010
Prayers work! When the problem is sorted in the spiritual, it will be manifested in the physical!

Educated law enforcement officers run crime rings after all! Educated people despoil, rob and murder and yet there are people who have not seen the walls of a school who will not harm the next person! Many of of our corrupt officials are educated, yet the level of corruption in Nigeria keeps increasing. Educating a morally corrupt person will not stop them from committing crime!
Re: Nigerian Police Needs Our Prayers by Zodiac61(m): 6:45pm On Aug 30, 2010
unclebros:

@Zodiac61

With all that you analysed, dont you think its only prayers that can provide the enabling spiritual environment for all of these to happen?
By the way, prayers Do Work!

Except you dont know how to pray or who to pray to.
Why hasn't it happened yet? From your post, I presume you know who to pray to. Why is Nigeria still a mess? Is it that your god is ineffective or unwilling?

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?” - Epicurus.

"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." - Mark 11:24.

Note that there are no conditions in Jesus' words. If, therefore, after so many years of constant prayer, the police (and by extension, Nigeria) is still a mess, it means that prayers do not work.

seyibrown:

Prayers work! When the problem is sorted in the spiritual, it will be manifested in the physical!

What exactly does this mean? Frankly, this is meaningless - all this is meant to do is bamboozle people.
It is not enough to continually sprout phrases like prayer work. Mindless repetition of an untruth does not make it true. Give verifiable examples of instances when prayers have worked, then we may start to accept it.
Re: Nigerian Police Needs Our Prayers by unclebros: 8:01am On Sep 01, 2010
Zodiac61, please clarify which areas you want me to verify, is it what prayers have done in my life, in he lives of people known to me, in Nigeria or even in your own life?

Even though you might not be praying but I bet some people are praying for you and thats why you are still alive today.

I believe in the efficacy of prayers
Re: Nigerian Police Needs Our Prayers by seyibrown(f): 12:03am On Sep 06, 2010
Quote from: seyibrown on August 30, 2010, 06:06 PM

What exactly does this mean? Frankly, this is meaningless - all this is meant to do is bamboozle people.
It is not enough to continually sprout phrases like prayer work. Mindless repetition of an untruth does not make it true. Give verifiable examples of instances when prayers have worked, then we may start to accept it. 

Zodiac61,

Nobody can 'bamboozle' me when it comes to anything I am interested in. If you are feeling 'bamboozled' about how the spiritual affects the physical, then go and seek understanding of what is being used to 'bamboozle' you so that when it is brought up, you can say and proove that you have examined the matter. If it doesn't really matter to you, then hold your peace or say you have not understood how it works!

(1) (Reply)

Yesterday Was 10/10/10, The Signification Of The Number Ten / Holy Spirit Is Free And Real: Try And See / Jesus Said.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.