Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,760 members, 7,889,448 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:23 PM

Stay With Me (book Review) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Stay With Me (book Review) (402 Views)

My First Story "Stay With Me" Is Out On Tapread. / Stay With Me, Forever By Chamberlain Dre. / Why Do Women Stay With Their Domestic Violent Partner For The Sake Of The Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stay With Me (book Review) by mareeam802(f): 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2019
Ayobami Adebayo’s debut novel is about a young married couple, Yejide and Akin, who have remained childless after 4 years of marriage. They have to face the emotional pressures from their families and live with the stigma placed by the society on a childless family. All of this occurs in the middle of a political transition from the early 80s to 2000 in Nigeria, where the military coups are springing up and armed robbers have the boldness to write letters to their hosts before visiting.

Stay With Me revolves around Akin and Yejide’s relationship and how their marriage is put to test as a result of their childlessness. This predicament questions the validity of their marriage, the couple’s family’s agreement to bring in a new wife and Yejide’s desperation to conceive first, thereby visiting several miraculous prophets and having a mental condition that makes her believe that she is carrying a child.

Continue reading https://www.maryamnittywall.com/2019/02/stay-with-me-book-review.html

(1) (Reply)

Three Magic Weapons For A Carefree Life / Cosmic Holography I / Tales From My Alma Mater (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.