Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,093 members, 7,939,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 04:38 AM

Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. (5556 Views)

Arms Deal: EFCC Traces Transfers To 11 Foreign Accounts In UK, US, Niger / Seize Any Money I Own In Foreign Accounts, Akpabio Challenges FG / Tribunal Summons Tinubu Over 10 Foreign Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by alanbolo(m): 4:03pm On Apr 25, 2007
@ josh O,  thx 4 d statement,  some people still believed OBJ is not doing right by adopting Yar'Adua.     The records speak for themselves.
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by LadyT(f): 4:23pm On Apr 25, 2007
There is a God I hope Tinubu makes room in his cell for Atiku!
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by adejumobi(m): 4:25pm On Apr 25, 2007
@Rottweiler
what i just want you to understand is that everything under the sun has season, i dont know odilli so there is no need to support him.
who could have thot Tafa balogun could be brought down at the height of his career, or Babangida could be disgrace out of the presidential race ?
Odilli's time is coming, just dont stop praying for peace in nigeria.
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by pattiano(f): 4:30pm On Apr 25, 2007
I keep saying it that Tinubu is a rogue a typical area boy like the people that elected him(if at all he was elected) he that digs a pit for someone will fall into it, he thinks he can impeach Pedro for no just cause and go free. Talking about this looting its not whether PDP won in Lagos or not and as a matter of fact its not any bad belle all of you talking against Obasanjo just wait till Yar'adua comes in and you will know that Obasanjo is a God sent let us just fold our arms and watch. Nigerians are greedy and corrupt. All the lootings of Abacha did he take it to wherever he is now? God's judgement will surely come upon all the people that wants to run this Nation down and empty our treasury for their own selfish lost.
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by alabiyemmy(m): 5:26pm On Apr 25, 2007
and to say the least, the only defence he has is the fact that he has immunity? does he ever think that immunity will be forever? Its funny he doesnt have any way of defending the claims, just simple I have immunity as a governor. I just cant wait till after May 29.

I guess some people will say it is because he is anti OBJ?
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by bcareful: 5:28pm On Apr 25, 2007
[color=#006600]Helo guyz, plz lets be fair in wat we say, am not saying what tinubu did was right but why is he the OBJ grin all the time, can baba tell us dat he doesnt operate foreign acct dont let them fool us jare. is he only tinubu? wat abt alao akala within 9month embezle 750m and no comment on dat one. am not a politician but let be fair, tinubu tried is own[/color]
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by alabiyemmy(m): 5:34pm On Apr 25, 2007
everybody has their own time - why?
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by samsilo(m): 5:37pm On Apr 25, 2007
I have been saying ,what ever process brings in Yar'adua in as president fair or not.I do not believe the man will change overnight at his age just as Obj was unable to change his stubborn ,undemocratic character.
What I see coming in the next few years for highly corrupt politicians is a very tough time indeed.Look at Abubakar Audu who thought he was free,or is it almighty Tafa Balogun.
Ibori, Odili, Attah and co have it coming,let the election wahala settle first. This is is just as they say Rome was not built in a day.
The fight to Rid Nigeria of blatant corruption must start somewhere, SELECTIVE or not
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by alabiyemmy(m): 5:47pm On Apr 25, 2007
samsilo:

I have been saying ,what ever process brings in Yar'adua in as president fair or not.I do not believe the man will change overnight at his age just as Obj was unable to change his stubborn ,undemocratic character.
What I see coming in the next few years for highly corrupt politicians is a very tough time indeed.Look at Abubakar Audu who thought he was free,or is it almighty Tafa Balogun.
Ibori, Odili, Attah and co have it coming,let the election wahala settle first. This is is just as they say Rome was not built in a day.
The fight to Rid Nigeria of blatant corruption must start somewhere, SELECTIVE or not

Thank you for this - does Yar' Adua looks like a man who will condone corruption? This is the kind of man we need, selctive or not, not likes of Atiku who is hell bent on ruling this nation for self seeking purposes, he even claims he speaks for Nigerians, who send him mesage?
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by savesoul(m): 5:48pm On Apr 25, 2007
Lets Leave tinubu Alone, if na you , u no go chop money?
lets wait till Obasanjo is arrested on May 30th, u will then
discover how many account that fat, ugly, big belly has in his capacity
MY VERDICT
Obasanjo will go to Jail
Tinubu and Atiku will escape probe
And all Eastern Outgoing Governors will be Jailed for real
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by alabiyemmy(m): 5:50pm On Apr 25, 2007
savesoul:

Lets Leave tinubu Alone, if na you , u no go chop money?
lets wait till Obasanjo is arrested on May 30th, u will then
discover how many account that fat, ugly, big belly has in his capacity
MY VERDICT
Obasanjo will go to Jail
Tinubu and Atiku will escape probe
And all Eastern Outgoing Governors will be Jailed for real

You wan burst my belle o - how u go contradict the real situation like this?
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by savesoul(m): 6:00pm On Apr 25, 2007
@yemmy
Just watch and see
May 30 will mark the beginning of the Obasanjo - Yar'adua Puppet Show
You are all invited
Signed
Economic and Finiancial Crimes Commision
Nuhu Ribadu
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by duduyemi: 6:04pm On Apr 25, 2007
me i wanna watch and see. tinubu is gonna atempt to run from naija, because he wont wanna end up like Tafa, that why the guy is sharply trying impeach pedro so he can place another stooge as acing governor so he ensures that fashola is inaugurated on 29th
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by Dapo4u(m): 8:03pm On Apr 25, 2007
Tell me one politician who is not a thief in Nigeria?For you to come to equity you must do so with clean hands,OBJ has not only soiled his hands but also has his hands full of muds.What comes out of PTDF saga? why didnt OBJ deny the money given to Fasawe?why is Anenih a free man? olabode george is untouchable.Akala and baba Adedibu think this world will never come to end.Come to South africa and see what Odili is doing with our money.Eighth year into OBJ regime,NEPA or whatever name it is called now cannot deliver us from darkness.All the political appointees that live within us are wallowing in extreme wealth.Majority of the graduates are without jobs.Yet Nigeria is the 6th exporter of crude oil in the world and about 70%? of her citizens live below $1 per day.
If we need to get rid of this benign in our system,I say NO! TO CAMPAIGN OF CALUMNY,NO! TO WITCH HUNTING, NO! PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT!
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by Dapo4u(m): 8:03pm On Apr 25, 2007
Tell me one politician who is not a thief in Nigeria?For you to come to equity you must do so with clean hands,OBJ has not only soiled his hands but also has his hands full of muds.What comes out of PTDF saga? why didnt OBJ deny the money given to Fasawe?why is Anenih a free man? olabode george is untouchable.Akala and baba Adedibu think this world will never come to end.Come to South africa and see what Odili is doing with our money.Eighth year into OBJ regime,NEPA or whatever name it is called now cannot deliver us from darkness.All the political appointees that live within us are wallowing in extreme wealth.Majority of the graduates are without jobs.Yet Nigeria is the 6th exporter of crude oil in the world and about 70%? of her citizens live below $1 per day.
If we need to get rid of this benign in our system,I say NO! TO CAMPAIGN OF CALUMNY,NO! TO WITCH HUNTING, NO! PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT
!
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by duduyemi: 8:09pm On Apr 25, 2007
all that one na yarns , at the end of the day , to get read of corruption u have to start somewhere, you think the american system is perfect or somn?, look men at a time they went thru the stages we are goin thru now, as time goes on the fight against corrpution will perfect itself over the comein g yrs and administration , but we have to take the first foot forward whether thru witch hunting or watever u r sayin, at least we are fight its somehow someway. n not lettig these fat ugly fools run amock wiff public funds
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by debosky(m): 8:11pm On Apr 25, 2007
all this noise is a little premature - Tinubu is not being charged with corruption, he is simply charged with running foreign bank a/c's contrary to the Code of Conduct for publicly elected officials. If he proves he had those A/C's before coming into power (not too difficult considering he was abroad before 1999) then the case is dead in the water.

Simply having a foreign a/c doesn't make you corrupt as some are implying here. until some evidence of wrongdoing is produced, let us refrain from premature judgement.

Second thing, why the rush? he'll be out of office in a month, with no immunity, so I don't see the point of this when he can be prosecuted then. I know he will use immunity for now to block any such case, so the govt is, as usual wasting time and using this tactic to divert attention from its massive rigging in the past 2 elections.
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by duduyemi: 8:21pm On Apr 25, 2007
look men its more than that, do u think the FG/OBJ will bring a dead case against this guy , that one, two, EFCC hasnt even brought there own , remember ribadu said he was gonna wait to 29th to come after Tinubu, its a process, they r merely just rattling his chains to see what he is gonna do or what moves he makes,
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by debosky(m): 8:24pm On Apr 25, 2007
if they brouhgt 13 dead cases against Atiku and lost every one of them, why would I trust them this time?
Why is it now that they suddenly realised? After how many yrs? It is a sham case, purely diversionary.

They tired the same crap against Kalu of Abia to prevent him from contesting the elections and it was also a sham, this govt is just trying to shift attention/witch-hunt, Tinubu is a smart man, whether he is corrupt or not is another matter, but regarding this case, it will fall like a pack of cards, just like all the sham govt cases before it.
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by alanbolo(m): 8:40pm On Apr 25, 2007
@ debosky, no one is using Tinubu case to divert and election issue.  The guy did not declared his assets b4 swearing in in 1999 and in 2003.  is that 2 difficult to grasp?  As per the report, he's currently operating the accounts while in office and just as u said, why the rush ,   time will prove his innocence or otherwise.     

http://www.efccnigeria.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=1&Itemid=73    I believed when U go through the contents of this site, u'll understand better how efcc operates and the timeline they work with.

samsilo:

Thank U bro,  selective or not, it must start from somewhere.   Even in this obodo place where I dey, news upon news how officials and company presidents are being arrested for corruption charges.    All what we need in our country is GET-RID of so called immunity as being canvassed for by Britain and USA.  No one should be above the law at anytime.   

Let them clean the place b4 we get there so that we can continue and better the process 4 our betterment.
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by alanbolo(m): 8:46pm On Apr 25, 2007
We should also remember that when Ribadu went to Uk and USA, apart from improving the anti-corruption image of 9ja. He also seek the hands of US in deterring any politician that might want to come to their state for harboring after relinquishing power. I believed more revelations will still come after May 29th.

Either way, it'll teach those who are in power that stealing is bad and one day, they'll be found out. I think we should celebrate it and not condemn the findings.
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by debosky(m): 8:49pm On Apr 25, 2007
He did not declare his assets in 1999 and 2003? and they just realised now? wow, if EFCC is that efficient, I can't wait for them to take over in PHCN, maybe they'll realise power supply is poor in 2015! grin grin grin

I am yet to see the substance in these allegations, the truth is that if he had the accounts before he became guv'nor, then they are not a result of 'stolen' govt money or any other allusions you might be making. Secondly, is asset declaration compulsory? if it is, then why was he allowed to run and win twice? refer to my first statement on the efficiency of this laudable body.

The truth is, apart from the fact that he has seemingly 'run foul' of 'Baba', there is little or no merit in this case, and EFCC has nothing to do with it, it is simply a case of the Fed Govt (read Obj) vs Tinubu - we all know of the battles Obj has had with this man, this is merely a continuation, after their woeful attempt to 'capture' Lagos at all costs.

I repeat, there is no evidence of stealing or otherwise here, if there is please show it to me.
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by alabiyemmy(m): 8:55pm On Apr 25, 2007
how can u satisfy nigerians? when u arent doing anything, they say u arent doing anything, when you attempt to do something, they say you arent doing it right, na wa o.

Between leaving Tinubu till his tenure expires or taking him to the tribunal now, does it matter?
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by duduyemi: 9:05pm On Apr 25, 2007
i think debosky is tinubu's relative or somn, if the guy no corrupt then dey wont find anything on him, so relax, but first he must explain to code conduct tribunal n efcc(wen they get their turn), how and where he got 1billa for fasholas campaign, 1 billa for inec official, 150 for agbje, 200milla for afikuyomi and how he has spent 16 billion in the last 6 months, and this 16 foreign accounts, all he simply has to do is declare the accounts .simple, not claim immunity as a defence, abi debosky , maybe u shud go and ask ur uncle,
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by debosky(m): 9:07pm On Apr 25, 2007
It does matter - the tribunal has already been told it cannot try sitting guv'nors, cases involving other ones have been thrown out, why go through the charade again? so this case can also be thrown out?

His tenure ends not in 2 years, but in 1 month - but no, he will get the case thrown out due to the incompetence of the FG officials

Secondly, why is it now after 8 yrs that they suddenly realise, oh Mr. Tinubu didnt submit asset declaration - after winning 2 elections??

please spare me the bs, when they are serious about prosecuting crimes, and not chasing shadows, I'll take them seriously

chasing Tinubu from pillar to post because he kicked your butt in an election is really pitiful.

@ dudu - is that evidence you are putting up or just figments of your imagination? last I heard, code of conduct tribunal is simply interested in foreign a/c operation, maybe you have your own court where you have convicted him already. wink

If it is not compulsory to declare accounts he doesn't have to do squat- your much vaunted EFCC should come up with evidence and stop chasing shadows.
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by duduyemi: 9:22pm On Apr 25, 2007
lol, figment?, this is true talk, look atthe end of the day, all we can do is wait and see wat happens, there is no need to get all emotional about it, if they catch him they catch him, if they dont they dont, lol, ok?, so relax, your uncle is a theif, he has just been lucky so far and maybe smart, but maybe his luck has run out maybe not
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by debosky(m): 9:37pm On Apr 25, 2007
Till I see any evidence, my stand remains - this is diversionary/witch-hunting

Its sad when you reduce a debate to 'he is your uncle' because I will not join the 'crucifixion without proof' crew.
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by IBBFan(m): 10:10pm On Apr 25, 2007
they are all thieves! so what's the fuss about one man? sad
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by alanbolo(m): 10:36pm On Apr 25, 2007
@ debosky, It's a must, u need to declare your asset's b4 swearing in. Tinubu declared his assets but he omitted these accounts - implying that he has something to hide.

while enjoying this tread, i think we should desist from calling names. No one is a relative to any of the accused or otherwise and I would like to commend debosky for mainting his koool. No point in accusing fingers while the real perpetrators are out there looting. sad

We're just arming ourselves with knowledgable informations that will eventually help us in this obodo 9ja. cool
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by abdkabir(m): 10:48pm On Apr 25, 2007
It seems somoe hurry to castigateTinubu even when its been clear that anyone who opposes OBJ is being bullied by the imperial himself. The alleged 16 account issue like all other failed attempt to ridicule Tinubu will fail the test of time.

I tell you OBJ is trying to pull the final strings. By Gods Grace it isn't over until it is.I can tell you with authority that this plan has been for long, for as early as late as last year,but just as Tinubus impeachment failed, so will this. Rather than buy FGs propaganda i praise the people of Lagos State and Tinubu for being one of the only bastion of true democracy or @ least better democracy in Nigeria.

Long Live the people of Lagos, Long Live Democracy, Long Live the True defenders of good for the people and Long LIve Good in our Land. smiley
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by Backslider(m): 10:52pm On Apr 25, 2007
@debosky

i have been checking on Obj for a long time and I can tell you he has the country at heart.

As for corruption he is one of the least corrupt Government we have ever had. If you know Obj you will know that he is very difficult to corrupt.

Anyway we all have our thought but we shall wait and you will see the real truth. I cannot give you the complete info on Obj but you will pray that you should never be his son becuse you never be a big spender and be arround OBJ.

Obj is a firm down to earth guy. He does rigorous cross checking and he will admit if he fails.

he is a Soldiers soldier You will want to serve under his command if you are soldier.

PEOPLE SAY THAT HE DOES NOT FORGIVE OK LOOK AT THIS VERY CLEAR ONE

HE JUST RECENTLY DECORATED THE ARMY AND THERE WAS SON OF ABACHA RECEIVING THE HONORS FROM NOBODY ELSE BUT FROM OBJ HIMSELF IN THE PRESENCE OF MEN AT ARMS. IT TAKES A BRAVE SOLDIER TO HONOUR AN ENEMY. ABACHA DEALT BRUTALLY WITH OBJ AND KEPT HIM IN SOLITARY CONFINEMENT FOR CLOSE TO 4YEARS. HE HAD WHIPINGS DID OBJ FORGET THE GOOD AND VALIANTNESS OF ABACHA THE SOLDIER CAPITAL NO,

THOSE THAT KNEW ABACHA AS A SOLDIER WILL TELL YOU THAT HE IS FEARLESS AND HE WAS USED THAT IS WHY MILITARY AND POLITICS SHOULD NEVER MIX BECAUSE THE MUST BRILLIANT SOLDIER COULD BE CORRUPTED.

One thing that his government has destroyed is tribalism and Nepotism. I am a "Yoruba" but check out what those "Igbo" guys are doing in the gvernment OBJ. Mr soludo Was given the best CBN Governor of the world. Dora Akunyili given Audience at the EU

Ribadu doing a good intelligence work ( you guys dont know what gadgets the guys have but atiku got away on Immunity)

DUE PROCESS

We nigerians because we dont know the basic of the rule of law. It must be seen to patient. we must try a criminal suspect by due process. you must bring a case before an accused with all the evidence. So it takes time.

We must have due process.But you must also have due Dilligence this takes time.
Re: Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. by streetcyph: 10:55pm On Apr 25, 2007
@ Backslider, well said. objective analysis.

in my opinion, the immunity clause shoudl not exist in a country like ours. our leaders are vulnerable to corruption. in america, immunity or no immunity, the moment a serving govnor is embroiled in controversy, he resigns his position immediately. it is the opposite here.

the code of conduct booklet specifically states that if you are in government, you must close all foreign accounts you hold prior to being in government. if it is true that tinubu operated 16 accounts whilst in government, he is liable to be sentenced to a 10 year jail term.

what will be his defense when his immunity expires? besides, the courts can overrule his immunity claim, if they feel they have reasonable grounds to do so. tinubu may not even last till may 29

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oldest Man In The World?? Aged 170 Yrs & Still Alive From Ekiti State / Pics: Leiutenant Killed By Boko Haram During Attempt To Recapture Chibok Today / APC Reveals Sponsors Of Niger Delta Avengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.