Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,195 members, 7,873,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:21 PM

Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? (4337 Views)

Reno Omokri Replies Christians On 'Jesus Mother Of Mary' Mosque / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: It's Not Trump That They Hate, It's You, The Christians / RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Ihedinobi3: 7:48pm On Mar 07, 2019
JeromeBlack:

I seriously hate people who cannot admit that they are wrong.

Rather than admitting that you are wrong, you are writing nonsensical epistles to prove that you know something.

Everything you wrote in bold is false. Not only are those things false, they are laughably false.

How can the whole bible be read at christian meetings? What a foolish lie!
How can canon be self evident when even the catholic church, historians and early christians all disagreed on what was or is canon?

You are a clown.
I can't help who and what you choose to hate, JeromeBlack. That is your prerogative, isn't it?

I am wondering if you think that the world has always been the way it is now. I think you might.

Complete literary works were recited to audiences in ancient times. That was how books got read by the vast majority. Where did you think the Roman Church got the tradition of reading the Bible to Catholics at mass so that they discouraged private ownership and personal study until recently?

The Jews met at synagogues every Sabbath to have the Old Testament read to them. Every week, they heard a little more. Christians carried on the practice with the difference that they met on Sundays and read the New Testament too. That way, within a year, the whole Bible would have been read to a given local church. That was how many believers back then read the Bible: by going to local assemblies and listening to an educated member read or recite it to them.

In ancient Greece, that was the job of people called rhapsodes. They were the ones who read literary works (actually they recited from memory for the most part) like Homer's The Odyssey to audiences. That practice was common in Bible times. But Scripture reading to believers was mandated even by Moses. That was what priests were supposed to be doing. Ezra did it too. Christians only inherited it.

As for disagreement on the Canon, even today, there is disagreement on what belongs in the Bible and what doesn't. The Bible accepted by Roman Catholics is slightly different from the one accepted by the Eastern Orthodox Church which is also different from the one accepted by the Egyptian Coptic Church and from the Ethiopian Church. So, even the pronouncement of a Canon amounted to very little. It did not produce a uniform idea about what was Scripture and what wasn't.

But even so, Scripture witnesses to itself. The fact that people disagree as to what is Scripture only proves that human beings are sinful and arrogant. Each person who is unwilling to humble himself to God will eventually start putting words in God's mouth. That was true even in the times of the Old Testament. It is true today still.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Anas09: 8:03pm On Mar 07, 2019
finalboss:
please shed some light on this. THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER. (Matt. 25:1-30.)

do not twist anything
@oaroloye
@anas09
Post the Scriptures here. AND, never pitch me together with a Bipolar patient.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by JeromeBlack: 8:09pm On Mar 07, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

I can't help who and what you choose to hate, JeromeBlack. That is your prerogative, isn't it?

I am wondering if you think that the world has always been the way it is now. I think you might.

Complete literary works were recited to audiences in ancient times. That was how books got read by the vast majority. Where did you think the Roman Church got the tradition of reading the Bible to Catholics at mass so that they discouraged private ownership and personal study until recently?

The Jews met at synagogues every Sabbath to have the Old Testament read to them. Every week, they heard a little more. Christians carried on the practice with the difference that they met on Sundays and read the New Testament too. That way, within a year, the whole Bible would have been read to a given local church. That was how many believers back then read the Bible: by going to local assemblies and listening to an educated member read or recite it to them.

In ancient Greece, that was the job of people called rhapsodes. They were the ones who read literary works (actually they recited from memory for the most part) like Homer's The Odyssey to audiences. That practice was common in Bible times. But Scripture reading to believers was mandated even by Moses. That was what priests were supposed to be doing. Ezra did it too. Christians only inherited it.

As for disagreement on the Canon, even today, there is disagreement on what belongs in the Bible and what doesn't. The Bible accepted by Roman Catholics is slightly different from the one accepted by the Eastern Orthodox Church which is also different from the one accepted by the Egyptian Coptic Church and from the Ethiopian Church. So, even the pronouncement of a Canon amounted to very little. It did not produce a uniform idea about what was Scripture and what wasn't.

But even so, Scripture witnesses to itself. The fact that people disagree as to what is Scripture only proves that human beings are sinful and arrogant. Each person who is unwilling to humble himself to God will eventually start putting words in God's mouth. That was true even in the times of the Old Testament. It is true today still.

You have nothing to say. Good night.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by budaatum: 8:09pm On Mar 07, 2019
finalboss:
It comes down to the fact that the only real reason people believe in gods, is because a lot of other people believe in gods. It’s social proof - the ‘evidence’ of god is that a lot of people believe in god…or appear to believe in god.
It comes down to the fact that the only real reason people learn mathematics, is because a lot of other people learn mathematics. It’s social proof - the learning of mathematics is because a lot of people learn mathematics…or appear to learn mathematics.

Do you not see the merit in learning mathematics?
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by NNAMDIII(m): 8:09pm On Mar 07, 2019
finalboss:
hello nnamdii, we have similar issue. Gimme smtime. I will explain everything.
still waiting
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Akin1212(m): 1:44am On Mar 08, 2019
daveP:

im amazed that you sit from the comfort of your room and call those that use all means within legal standards of proof, evidences and facts, a fool.

I respect all 5 of these guys cos all of them did it within the walls of notable universities around the world.

Those are the men you sit calling fools?
Those are the men you felt were dumb, especially as we know the reason for the task was to discredit the authenticity and substantiability of The Holy Bible?

One may be a mistake, two may be a coincidence, but 3, 4, 5........ And you call all of them a fool?

Later on you will presents scientific facts to we believers of Jesus and want to use it to challenge us and all that, but the same standard of facts you suddenly find as flawed and biased when its presented to you guys? That's very funny.

Now, i would like to ask you one question

why is it that debates btw believers and atheist dont exist in forums, large scale on live tv, or in universities, esp as the challenger is the atheist? why?

See, its because mist of yall dont argue with bavked up facts.

To disprove a fact, you need a much more astounding fact to override the fact and use it to convince those that believe the challenged fact.

Whereas, vs Christians have debated the identity of the gospels, the bible and all therein with all those that came forward. These debates ended without hate or disrespect. But atheist have not had a stand on such grand stage. Are they scared?

The question is begging. And the reason is most of yall cannot prove what you stand by.

its like the opposite side of Faith on the part of believers, but believers can prove faith...

hmmmm

and lastly. What shoyld now be used to convert, if the bible own qualifies the person as a fool?

With all the baloneys you typed here, I have just one question for you. Did you imply that the bible contains facts and evidence?
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by oaroloye(m): 10:32am On Mar 08, 2019
SHALOM!

finalboss:
please shed some light on this. THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER. (Matt. 25:1-30.)

do not twist anything
@oaroloye
@anas09

I HAVE ADVANCED UNDERSTANDING OF THE BIBLE ACQUIRED THROUGH MEDITATION.

. JOSHUA 1:8.

8. "This Book of The Law
shall not depart out of thy mouth
but thou shalt meditate therein day and night,
that thou mayest do
according to all that is written therein:
for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous,
and then thou shalt have Good success."

. PSALM 1:1-6.

BLESSED is the man
that walketh not in The Counsel of the Ungodly,
nor standeth in The Way of Sinners,
nor sitteth in The Seat of the Scornful.
2. But his delight is in The Law of The LORD;
and in His Law doth he meditate day and night.
3. And he shall be like a tree
planted by the rivers of water,
that bringeth forth his fruit in his season;
his leaf also shall not wither;
and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4. The Ungodly are not so:
but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5. Therefore the Ungodly shall not stand in the Judgment,
nor Sinners in the Congregation of the Righteous.
6. For The LORD knoweth The Way of the Righteous:
but the Way of the Ungodly shall perish.

. PSALM 119:97-105.

97. O how I love Thy Law!
It is my meditation all the day.
98. Thou through Thy Commandments
hast made me Wiser than mine enemies:
for They are ever with me.
99 I have more understanding than all my teachers:
for Thy Testimonies are my meditation.
100. I understand more than the Ancients,
because I keep Thy Precepts.
101. I have refrained my feet
from every Evil Way,
that I might keep Thy Word.
102. I have not departed from Thy Judgments:
for Thou hast taught me.
103. How sweet are Thy Words unto my taste!
yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
104. Through Thy Precepts I get Understanding:
therefore I hate every False Way.
105. Thy Word is a Lamp unto my feet,
and a Light unto my path.

THEREFORE MY MIND PERCEIVES AND COMPUTES IN TERMS OF THE LAW OF GOD BY MOSES, AND THE GOSPEL OF LORD YESHUA.

Therefore I see what others do not, no matter how hard they have looked at the same things.

Therefore I solve Problems others cannot, and have not, since Lord Yeshua Ascended.

A puny and immature mind, such as your own appears to be, would probably call this "TWISTING ANYTHING."

. MATTHEW 25:13-30.

13. “Watch therefore,
for ye know
neither the Day nor the Hour
wherein the Son of Man cometh.
14. “For the Kingdom of Heaven
is as a man travelling into a far country,
who called his own servants,
and delivered unto them his goods.
15. “And unto one he gave five talents,
to another two, and to another one;
to every man according to his several ability;
and straightway took his journey.
16. “Then he that had received the five talents
went and traded with the same,
and made them other five talents.
17. “And likewise he that had received two,
he also gained other two.
18. “But he that had received one went
and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.
19. “After a long time the lord of those servants cometh,
and reckoneth with them.
20. “And so he that had received five talents
came and brought other five talents, saying,

‘Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents:
behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.

21. “His lord said unto him,

‘WELL DONE, THOU
GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT:
THOU HAST BEEN FAITHFUL
OVER A FEW THINGS,
I WILL MAKE THEE RULER
OVER MANY THINGS:
ENTER THOU INTO
THE JOY OF THY LORD.’

22. “He also that had received two talents
came and said,

‘LORD, THOU DELIVEREDST
UNTO ME TWO TALENTS:
BEHOLD, I HAVE GAINED
TWO OTHER TALENTS BESIDE THEM.’

23. “His lord said unto him,

‘WELL DONE, GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT;
THOU HAST BEEN FAITHFUL OVER A FEW THINGS,
I WILL MAKE THEE RULER OVER MANY THINGS:
ENTER THOU INTO THE JOY OF THY LORD.’

24. "Then he which had received
the one Talent came and said,

'LORD, I KNEW THEE
THAT THOU ART AN HARD MAN,
REAPING WHERE THOU HAST NOT SOWN,
AND GATHERING WHERE
THOU HAST NOT STRAWED:
25. 'AND I WAS AFRAID,
AND WENT AND HID THY TALENT
IN THE EARTH:
LO, THERE THOU HAST
THAT IS THINE.'

26. "His lord answered and said unto him,

'THOU WICKED AND SLOTHFUL SERVANT,
THOU KNEWEST THAT I REAP
WHERE I SOWED NOT,
AND GATHER WHERE
I HAVE NOT STRAWED:
27. 'THOU OUGHTEST THEREFORE
TO HAVE PUT MY MONEY
TO THE EXCHANGERS,
AND THEN AT MY COMING
I SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED
MINE OWN WITH USURY.'
28. 'TAKE THEREFORE
THE TALENT FROM HIM,
AND GIVE IT UNTO HIM
WHICH HATH TEN TALENTS.
29. 'FOR UNTO EVERY ONE THAT HATH
SHALL BE GIVEN,
AND HE SHALL HAVE ABUNDANCE:
BUT FROM HIM THAT HATH NOT
SHALL BE TAKEN AWAY
EVEN THAT WHICH HE HATH.
30. 'AND CAST YE
THE UNPROFITABLE SERVANT
INTO OUTER DARKNESS:
THERE SHALL BE WEEPING
AND GNASHING OF TEETH.' "

IT IS A MERE COINCIDENCE THAT THE UNIT OF WEIGHT- THE "TALENT" - COINCIDES WITH THE ENGLISH TERM FOR "EXTRAORDINARY APTITUDE AND SKILL."

. THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER. (Matt. 25:1-30.)

1. TOTAL RECALL.
2. EXTRASENSORY PERCEPTION.
3. TELEKINESIS.
4. TELEPORTATION.
5. TRANSLATION.
6-10. EVERLASTING LIFE.

[See: THE FIRE FROM WITHIN, by Carlos Castaneda.]

GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH.

. GENESIS 1:26-28.

26. And God said,
"Let us make Man in Our Image, after Our Likeness:
and let them have Dominion over the Fish of the Sea,
and over the Fowl of the Air, and over the Cattle,
and over all the Earth,
and over every Creeping Thing
that Creepeth upon the Earth.
27. So God created Man in His Own Image,
in The Image of God created He him;
male and female created He them.
28. And God Blessed them,
and God said unto them,
"Be fruitful, and multiply,
and replenish the Earth,
and subdue It:
and have Dominion over the Fish of the Sea,
and over the Fowl of the Air,
and over every Living Thing
that moveth upon the Earth."

IF GOD CREATED MAN IN HIS IMAGE, IT IS IMPLIED THAT HUMAN BEINGS MUST HAVE THE SAME CAPACITY SPIRITUAL CAPACITY TO DO AS HE DID, AND CREATE WORLDS AND UNIVERSES, OBJECTS AND ENTITIES, THINGS AND BEINGS.

This we do on an everyday basis, without fuss- in the privacy of our bedrooms: it is called "DREAMING."

However, this is hardly the limit of what we can do.

. THE SIX LEVELS OF EXISTENCE.

1. BELIEFS; 2. THOUGHTS; 3. WORDS; 4. PHYSICAL ACTIONS;
5. POSTULATES; 6. TOTAL UNDERSTANDING.

WE SHOULD BE A VERY POOR "IMAGE OF GOD," IF ALL WE COULD DO WAS "IMAGINE" CREATING UNIVERSES AND THEIR CONTENTS!

An important Spiritual Axiom is to the effect that: IF THINGS ARE NOT POSSIBLE, THEY CANNOT BE IMAGINED.

. GENESIS 11:1-9.

AND the whole Earth was of one language,
and of one speech.
2. And it came to pass,
as they journeyed from the East,
that they found a plain in the land of Shinar;
and they dwelt there.
3. And they said one to another,

"Go to, let us make brick,
and burn them thoroughly."

And they had brick for stone,
and slime had they for morter.
4. And they said,

"Go to,
let us build us a city and a tower,
whose top may reach unto Heaven;
and let us make us a Name,
lest we be scattered abroad
upon the Face of the whole Earth."

5. And The LORD came down to see the City and the Tower,
which the Children of Men builded.
6. And The LORD Said,

"Behold, the people is one,
and they have all one language;
and this they begin to do:
and now nothing will be restrained from them,
which they have imagined to do.
7. "Go to, let Us go down,
and there confound their language,
that they may not understand
one another's speech."

8. So The LORD scattered them
abroad from thence
upon the Face of all the Earth:
and they left off to build the City.
9. Therefore is the name of it called "Babel;"
because The LORD did there
confound the language of all the Earth:
and from thence did The LORD
scatter them abroad
upon the Face of all the Earth.

IF WE CAN THINK ANYTHING, THERE IS A WAY TO MAKE IT A PHYSICAL REALITY.

. JOHN 5:19-20.

19. Then answered Jesus and Said unto them,

"Verily, verily, I Say unto you,

'THE SON CAN DO NOTHING OF HIMSELF,
BUT WHAT HE SEETH THE FATHER DO:'

for what things soever he doeth,
these also doeth the Son likewise.
20. "For The Father loveth The Son,
and sheweth him all things
that Himself doeth:
and he will shew him
Greater Works than these,
that ye may marvel."

GOD, WHO CREATED OUR ANCESTORS, KNOWS THE BEST WAY TO DO THINGS.

If we consult HIM, He can SHOW us how to achieve the sort of Power I am talking about, here.

GOD CREATED MAN TO HAVE DOMINION OVER THE EARTH, AND TO SUBDUE IT.

The implication is that there is RESISTANCE.

The Earth (which is a Sentient Being,) may not want to be "dominated."

. GENESIS 4:11-12.

11. "And now art thou cursed from the Earth,
which hath opened her mouth
to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;
12. "When thou tillest the ground,
it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength;
a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the Earth."

PERHAPS IN THE BEGINNING, FARMING TOOLS WERE NOT EVEN NECESSARY- MAYBE THE GROUND WOULD FURROW, IF YOU JUST STOMPED YOUR FOOT, AND SUCH THINGS AS WOULD BE CALLED "SILLINESS" TODAY?

But as Humans got more and more corrupt, their Spiritual Energy Reserves dropped, until we were barely alive, at 1% SPIRIT ENERGY.

Therefore, we were able to do less and less.

Those who realized what was happening, and found measures to regain their lost Spiritual Potential were called "SEERS."

Those who used EXTRASENSORY PERCEPTION to utilize the Spiritual Properties of Animals, Vegetables, Insects, and Minerals were called "SORCERERS."

EVERY ORGANISM is assigned a "feed" of packets of Living Energy from the Heavenly Realm, that makes them able to live.

This Energy must be used efficiently to fulfill the Commandments of God to that species of Creature- otherwise, the Soul Body deteriorates, grows brittle, and eventually ruptures- which is Death. To prevent the impact of this Life Force from destroying them, the species consistent with DEVILS close their receptacle for this Energy, and so have been able to survive for an extended period of time- millennia, apparently- by stealing or scavenging Life Force from other creatures- especially MAN.

[See: THE FIRE FROM WITHIN, by Carlos Castaneda.
THE ACTIVE SIDE OF INFINITY, by Carlos Castaneda.]

Any serious form of Spiritual Discipline is enough to deter these Creatures from stealing our Spiritual Energy.

When we succeed in doing that, our Spiritual Energy rises like a WEED getting out of control.

Then THE TEN TALENTS begin to come back on line.

We are supposed to use THE GOSPEL as our Discipline to achieve that.
Re: Why Are The Christians On Nairaland So Afraid Of Atheists? by Trike: 5:51pm On Apr 14, 2019
oaroloye:
MISHIGAS!

The last thing that the Monarchies ruling Europe wanted was The God in Whose Name they drew people together, in order to rule them, was for that very God to be accessible to the Common man- and giving them ideas they could not tolerate: such as, that they were totally wrong!
Who would fight wars for them, if they understood that they would go to HELL for KILLING on behalf of their King and Country?

Therefore, the active part of Bible Religion was suppressed, and only the Pacifying, Subduing part, that produced meek and docile populaces, who could be easily controlled, was imposed upon the Europeans.

I completely agree with what you say above. In fact rulers around the world collude to block the knowledge of the spiritual component that is the deep life giving essence of all religions. Those who should be spiritual leaders end up becoming mere low life talkers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? / Check Your Future And Destiny Using Numerology / Victimless Crimes, Yay or Nay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.