Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,958 members, 7,873,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:53 AM

Suspected Herdsmen Kill 16 In Fresh Benue Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspected Herdsmen Kill 16 In Fresh Benue Attack (350 Views)

Many Feared Killed In Fresh Benue Attack, Seven Corpses Recovered / Suspected Herdsmen Kill 7, Injure Others In Fresh Benue Attack / Army, Police Raid ESN Camps In Aba, Kill 16 IPOB's ESN Operatives (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Herdsmen Kill 16 In Fresh Benue Attack by owoicho13(m): 1:15pm On Mar 04, 2019
Sixteen people were killed in a fresh attack on three communities in the Gwer West Local Government Area of Benue State by suspected herdsmen.

The suspected herdsmen, who were said to have invaded the communities on Saturday, shot indiscriminately and killed 16 people.

The Chairman of Gwer West Local Government, Francis Ayagan, confirmed the attack.

He said, “Sixteen people were killed by militia herders in Tse Tuma, Chiachia and Tse Targu communities and neighbouring villages, all in Gwer West.”

Also confirming the attack, the sub-sector Commander of the Operation Whirl Stroke in charge of Gwer West, Flying Officer Mohammed Abubakar, said it was a reprisal for cows that were allegedly rustled on Friday by people he claimed were livestock guards in military uniform.

The sub-sector commander said seven corpses had so far been recovered from the affected communities.

Abubakar said the chairman of Gwer West Local Government Area of the state had given the names of seven members of livestock guards, who he alleged were the perpetrators of the violence to the OPWS.

Abubakar said, “At about 4.30 pm on Saturday, information got to me that some people in military uniform were sighted at the Agape Forest and I mobilised my men to the forest.

“My men embarked on a search and discovered that those behind the rustling of cows are members of the livestock guards.

“We later traced them to Ter Nagi’s Palace and discovered 22 cattle there but he (the monarch) claimed that they belonged to him.

“Thereafter, we contacted the DPO, who equally identified the rustlers as members of the Livestock Guards who disguised as military men to rustle cattle and butchered them for sale at the Naka Market.

“As I speak with you, they are selling the meat at the market. The DPO also gave the names of seven persons who are members of the Livestock Guards involved in the incident.

“Just this afternoon, our men went on a mop up patrol and discovered four additional dead bodies at the scene of the incident.”

The monarch of Naka, headquarters of Gwer West Local Government Area, Ter Nagi Chief Daniel Abomtse, said there was heavy attack in some communities in his domain.

Source: https://www.benuepress.com/2019/03/suspected-herdsmen-kill-16-in-fresh-benue-attack/

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill 16 In Fresh Benue Attack by owoicho13(m): 1:16pm On Mar 04, 2019
Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill 16 In Fresh Benue Attack by slimfit1(m): 1:22pm On Mar 04, 2019
Protect yourself before you become an unnecessary victim. By the time Buhari finish 4+4=8 there will be no one left in Benue state. I need to get night vision goggles when im coming home self.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill 16 In Fresh Benue Attack by ngadaAwo: 1:23pm On Mar 04, 2019
angry grin cool
na normal thing

cc

Corrinthians omenkalives omenka

1 Like

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill 16 In Fresh Benue Attack by Slynation(m): 1:26pm On Mar 04, 2019
Okay.... They have officially resumed next level duty!!
All i have to say is dalu nu ooO!!

1 Like

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill 16 In Fresh Benue Attack by Shelumiel: 1:28pm On Mar 04, 2019
I wonder what sort of country Nigeria is : Imagine , the military getting info first on rustled cows , but can do nothing to prevent reprisal attacks on those who might be innocent in all this .

1 Like

Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill 16 In Fresh Benue Attack by Ndubest123(m): 1:31pm On Mar 04, 2019
Sorry for the lost
Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill 16 In Fresh Benue Attack by Optional09: 1:47pm On Mar 04, 2019
Vote right nna refuse, Chance still dey. Vote any AAC candidate that contest for election.

My heart goes out to the affected one may their souls RIP
Re: Suspected Herdsmen Kill 16 In Fresh Benue Attack by faithfull18(f): 1:50pm On Mar 04, 2019
It is well oo.

(1) (Reply)

Tension In Rivers As Soldiers Invade King Ateke Tom’s Palace / What Is The Situation In Kaduna / FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.