Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,855 members, 7,872,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:15 AM

Pdp Woos Fashola With Guber Ticket - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Woos Fashola With Guber Ticket (551 Views)

Tinubu Humbles Fashola With Ambode's Emergence. / ADAMAWA GOVERNORSHIP : PDP Woos Ribadu. / PDP Woos Al-mustapha To Win Yobe, Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp Woos Fashola With Guber Ticket by Beaf: 2:02am On Aug 31, 2010
[size=14pt]PDP Woos Fashola With Guber Ticket[/size] .
Tuesday, 31 August 2010 00:08 Kazeem Akintunde, Lagos   .

There are strong indications that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Lagos State may field Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola as its gubernatorial candidate if the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) fails to give him its ticket.

Sources told Leadership yesterday that the PDP leaders at the national level had directed potential aspirants in its fold not to waste their money as the ticket might eventually be given to Governor Fashola.

The sources said the decision was taken after it became clear that the governor may not secure a second term ticket due to the frosty relationship between him and his political godfather, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

It was learnt that the leadership of the PDP directed its Lagos State chapter to prevail on its members not to aspire for the ticket as it would be given to  Fashola if he eventually decamped to the party.

Leadership learnt that it was the directive that has prevented Ambassador Musiliu Obanikoro from reviving his governorship ambition. Obanikoro was the flag bearer of the party in the 2007 governorship election in the state.

It was also learnt that most of the PDP members in the state are abiding by the decision of the national leadership as they saw Fashola as a big fish.

The fence mending moves initiated by many ACN leaders including its national chairman, Bisi Akande to douse the tension generated by the tiff between Tinubu  and Fashola, have, however, forced PDP leadership to see the need to have a plan B.

The plan, it was gathered, was the recent declaration by Demola Seriki, a former minister of state for defence of his intention to seek the ticket.

Other politicians who have shown interest in the office include Dr. Adedeji Aganga Williams, Dr. Ade Dosunmu, Chief Tunde Etti, Mr. Owolabi Salis  and Mr. Babatunde Gbadamosi.

Mr. Tunde Salau, deputy chairman of the party in the state confirmed that the party  is waiting for Fashola to come onboard. "If Fashola comes in, it will be an added bonus, but we have not gone out of our way to woo him.

"PDP is a solid party. With or without any single individual, we are already pulling the gear towards the 2011 general elections. We as a party will be willing to receive him if he is willing to come to our party," he said.

http://www.leadershipeditors.com/ns/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15093:pdp-woos-fashola-with-guber-ticket&catid=51:cover-stories&Itemid=101
Re: Pdp Woos Fashola With Guber Ticket by Beaf: 4:26am On Aug 31, 2010
You never know!
The chemistry between Uncle Joe and Fashola seemed pretty good during the presidents last vist to Lagos.
Re: Pdp Woos Fashola With Guber Ticket by OAM4J: 6:08am On Aug 31, 2010
hahahahhaha lol grin grin grin

I doubt it. Seriously!

I was never a fan of Tinubu or AC/ACN. The only interest i have in the party now is Fasola

So, if AC is foolish enough to let off Fasola, cause of ego, it might just be the beginning of their end.
Re: Pdp Woos Fashola With Guber Ticket by Beaf: 6:29am On Aug 31, 2010
OAM4J:

hahahahhaha lol grin grin grin

I doubt it. Seriously!

I was never a fan of Tinubu or AC/ACN. The only interest i have in the party now is Fasola

So, if AC is foolish enough to let off Fasola, cause of ego, it might just be the beginning of their end.

I learnt his supplementary budget was kicked out again. Tinubu is trying to frustrate him big time, I won't be too suprised if the dude pulls out a real shocker.

(1) (Reply)

Acn: Pdp Is A Disaster / What Nigeria Can Learn From Us Parliament, By Lawmaker / I Am Nigeria Please Celebrate Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.