Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,983 members, 7,973,387 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:37 PM

Should He Call Off The Wedding? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should He Call Off The Wedding? (1634 Views)

Man Proposes To His Lady With Date Of The Wedding (Photo) / Is It Too Late To Call Off The Wedding? (Screenshots) / Man Proposes To Girlfriend While Watching "The Wedding Party 2" At The Cinema (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should He Call Off The Wedding? by winningwinner(m): 8:54am On Mar 05, 2019
I have a very good friend who studied the problems I passed through in my marriage. In fact, he vowed to be more careful.
I was in my house one day when he came visiting. He broke the good news to me: "He has found a wife!" Waaoooh! We danced and jubilated. The wedding day was fixed and my guy showed up again, feeling dejected.
I managed to console him but he was adamant. The problem here is this: the lady in question did not come up open with some crucial personal matters of hers. One of them is her age. She hid her age to him and my guy got to know it somehow.
This lady, according to peeps, has four younger sisters who had long married with children. In fact, the youngest married my friend's schoolmate's elder brother whom they usually visit. During their wedding, my guy was there too with his friend from school (the groom's younger brother). As at now, that marriage is blessed with three kids.
It's now the turn of my friend to marry. He has done almost everything to prepare himself for the wedding. He sent an invitation to his former schoolmate who now lives in the US. The friend has to call on phone after seeing the name, surname, village and town of the bride and wondered if he had anything to do with such identities.
Investigations confirmed his former schoolmate's suspicion and problem began. Despite all, the real issue now is this, the lady in question (bride to be) is older than the groom by 10 solid years! They love themselves, but the age difference is not funny. The lady too is rich, running almost neck-to-neck with my friend, which some say is not a problem, since both of them are well to do.
Please, he needs your sincere advice as you did to me when I equally ran into troubled waters. Yea, your opinions did the magic coupled with prayers.
The question he's asking now is, if he should cancel the marriage plans due to age difference?
Your contributions are appreciated...

Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding? by Newboss(m): 9:00am On Mar 05, 2019
Call it off ASAP! She's a cheat. On a serious note, she's not good in bed angry
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding? by Apeshy101(m): 9:06am On Mar 05, 2019
This thing hard ohh
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding? by Gabbyayo(m): 9:09am On Mar 05, 2019
angry
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding? by Vibesking(m): 9:11am On Mar 05, 2019
Don't believe this shii

1 Like

Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding? by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 05, 2019
Irrelevant issue na him be this na
Assuming its true
For the age issue no problem
I fit marry 50 years old as long as I'm happy
Happiness my people is free
And rare
My real guy is married to a 52 year old woman.
I've known him for over 30 years
And I've never seen him happier
Wetin them talk sef
Old wine tastes better.

But for the lying part
Dude just forgive and forget
She loves you and is afraid you might leave thats why she lied.
Its what we call a white lie

The only lie I won't forgive is if she claims she is a virgin
And she turns out to be the newly constructed Lagos Ibadan express way

4 Likes

Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding? by badadvice(f): 9:23am On Mar 05, 2019
Shibaraba:
Assuming its true
And rare
Wetin them talk sef
Old wine tastes better.

But for the lying part

5 Likes

Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding? by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 05, 2019
Ten years older !!!! Oh my yaansh
The lady rigged the elections

4 Likes

Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding? by Davash222(m): 9:28am On Mar 05, 2019
10 years is too much. The guy should have noticed even before making enquiries. The lady got so many secrets. That lady might have a child. ask around.

1 Like

Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding? by kullozone(m): 9:49am On Mar 05, 2019
What are the pictures for, or is that your friend and his wife to be?

Let him go ahead with the wedding. His wife might die before him, then he'll inherit all her money/property.

Abi? smiley

1 Like

Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding? by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 05, 2019
Aghh d age gap is too wide ooshocked.. Ten yrs older than ur guyshocked. Na waoh. Anyway its ur guys choice to make sha.
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding? by Justbeingreal(m): 11:19am On Mar 05, 2019
Whether this story is real or not....

10years is much.... Depends on their current age right now tho if they're still young especially for the woman menopause wise.. How come he didn't notice it age easily shows in women..
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding? by Macgabe(m): 12:26pm On Mar 05, 2019
Hmmm... the bottom line is that they love each other. But then, his worries need consideration too.
First, how old is the woman actually? this will help in your friends decision. Sexuality has some relationships with age.
The higher the age, the lower her sexual desires and libido. Also, menopause is another factor to be considered. That's why I said earlier that her real age is a factor that will help him to decide what to do. Let's assume your friend is in his late 20s which means the woman is in her late 30s, he can still give it a trial.
Finally, I seriously hope the age difference will not be a major barrier in their marriage later on as this can crush a man's ego thus, making him regret his decision.
Wishing him best of luck in whatever decision he takes.
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 05, 2019
From what i've read, lemme just give a lil advice to ladies.
No matter how you think you are a workerholic or your current job is giving you loads of money and marriage should wait since you're too serious with your job. stop that mentality. You'll only regret it later. When reality will hit you hard, it may be late.. Use ur head. From wat op said dat dy lady is rich and ha younga sisters are married. The above must have happened. And she is at the brink of losing ha marriage.
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding? by DMerciful(m): 1:38pm On Mar 05, 2019
She's deceitful... Enough ground to call it off!
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding? by BlueAir: 1:41pm On Mar 05, 2019
The age doesn't matter. If she hadn't told him and not talked of it. They still would have gone ahead with the marriage and live happily like the age was irrelevant and unknown like truly. My advice.... My advice.... Ur friend should ignore the age stuff and be vigilant at her every behavior.
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding? by jcross19: 3:03pm On Mar 05, 2019
Shibaraba:
Assuming its true
And rare
Wetin them talk sef
Old wine tastes better.

But for the lying part

brother what you want in your marital home might be different from other so that's your opinion I think the op is not comfortable with the age difference that's the reason is here and if is comfortable with it he won't be here. sir op think twice before you venture into journey of no return if you are okay with it then go on is your choice and if your mind is giving you bad signal bros. is never too late until is too late.
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding? by BareFacedLies(m): 4:09pm On Mar 05, 2019
Newboss:
Call it off ASAP! She's a cheat. On a serious note, she's not good in bed angry

Where was it written that she's not good in bed.

For your info pĆ¹ssy matures with age
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding? by ImaIma1(f): 5:39pm On Mar 05, 2019
Lies and deceit is not a good preamble to a marriage. Why other lies will he discover later and after the get married.

Everyone will get their own husband and wife no matter the age. No need to lie.
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding? by dingbang(m): 6:05pm On Mar 05, 2019
Lol.. I dont even care if I have signed the marriage certificate before hearing she is 10years older, its over like..over...if I get to know and no turning back. I dont even care how much I spent on the wedding
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 05, 2019
winningwinner:
I have a very good friend who studied the problems I passed through in my marriage. In fact, he vowed to be more careful.
I was in my house one day when he came visiting. He broke the good news to me: "He has found a wife!" Waaoooh! We danced and jubilated. The wedding day was fixed and my guy showed up again, feeling dejected.
I managed to console him but he was adamant. The problem here is this: the lady in question did not come up open with some crucial personal matters of hers. One of them is her age. She hid her age to him and my guy got to know it somehow.
This lady, according to peeps, has four younger sisters who had long married with children. In fact, the youngest married my friend's schoolmate's elder brother whom they usually visit. During their wedding, my guy was there too with his friend from school (the groom's younger brother). As at now, that marriage is blessed with three kids.
It's now the turn of my friend to marry. He has done almost everything to prepare himself for the wedding. He sent an invitation to his former schoolmate who now lives in the US. The friend has to call on phone after seeing the name, surname, village and town of the bride and wondered if he had anything to do with such identities.
Investigations confirmed his former schoolmate's suspicion and problem began. Despite all, the real issue now is this, the lady in question (bride to be) is older than the groom by 10 solid years! They love themselves, but the age difference is not funny. The lady too is rich, running almost neck-to-neck with my friend, which some say is not a problem, since both of them are well to do.
Please, he needs your sincere advice as you did to me when I equally ran into troubled waters. Yea, your opinions did the magic coupled with prayers.
The question he's asking now is, if he should cancel the marriage plans due to age difference?
Your contributions are appreciated...
if d lady is submissive,respectful n loyal to d guy n if she has nt entered menapause ,then d wedding shld go on as planned.Age shldnt be a barrier.She was scared of losing d guy dat is y she didnt wat to tell her real age.
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding? by CyberWolf: 8:24pm On Mar 05, 2019
So for instance, if your guy is 30 y/o, the lady is 40y/o .. mogbe o
Re: Should He Call Off The Wedding? by winningwinner(m): 7:13am On Mar 06, 2019
kullozone:
What are the pictures for, or is that your friend and his wife to be?

Let him go ahead with the wedding. His wife might die before him, then he'll inherit all her money/property.

Abi? smiley

Oh that... The pictures are there to really tell us it's a relationship issue, nothing more.
Thanks for the advice.

(1) (Reply)

Locations To Get Oloshos In Minna / 12 Years After Marriage, Nigerian Man Discovered Two Of His 3 Children Aren't Hi / Ladies: Would You Marry A Giant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.