Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,319 members, 7,881,175 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 01:53 PM

Ndlea Nabs London-based Lady With 1.525kg Cocaine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndlea Nabs London-based Lady With 1.525kg Cocaine (517 Views)

Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) / Nigerian Army Nabs Fake General Alleged To Be Boko Haram Sponsor (Photo) / First Lady With 13 Lives Leaves Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ndlea Nabs London-based Lady With 1.525kg Cocaine by oludashmi(f): 10:57am On Aug 31, 2010
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has disclosed that a London-based Nigerian, Ifeoma Ethel Okpala, was detected to have concealed narcotics after a body frisk.

She was nabbed at the weekend with 1.525kg of substance that tested positive to cocaine during screening of passengers on Arik flight to London at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos.

The 37-year-old drug suspect works as a support worker in a London mental home.

The arrest was made following the discovery of some of the drugs by female officers during a body frisk on her at the central screening area of the international wing.

NDLEA’s checks discovered that she ingested 20 wraps of the drug, weighing 300 grammes, while 54 wraps weighing 1.225kg were packed and worn by her as a diaper.

Okpala, a 1997 graduate of Banking and Finance from the Enugu State University of Science and Technology, while under observation, successfully excreted the drugs she ingested.

Okpala, who hails from Ezinifite in Anambra State, allegedly smuggled the drug for a fee of 5,000 pounds with which she intended to spend holiday in the United States.

The suspect, who blamed her action on greed during interrogation, said she earned 2,500 pounds monthly and should have been contented with her legitimate income, saying, “it is difficult to believe that I could be convinced into trafficking drugs.

“I ingested 30 wraps and vomited 10 so I packed others as a diaper. I am ashamed of myself. I do not know what to tell my friends. I wanted to spend my holiday in the United States and also buy some goods for sale in Nigeria. I have disappointed my friends. I hope my parents will find a place in their hearts to forgive me.”

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/10435-ndlea-nabs-london-based-lady-with-1525kg-cocaine
Re: Ndlea Nabs London-based Lady With 1.525kg Cocaine by oludashmi(f): 10:59am On Aug 31, 2010
Its too late to regret madam

(1) (Reply)

African Solutionz By African Youth / Idea: Mechanized Spending / Nigerian Governor Says Abuse Of Child 'witches' Exaggerated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.