Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,322 members, 7,888,008 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:33 PM

UK: Nigeria’s Anti-corruption Fights Frustrated By EFCC, Others - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK: Nigeria’s Anti-corruption Fights Frustrated By EFCC, Others (17244 Views)

Kukah: Nigerians Are Frustrated By Election Outcome | Justice Seems Impossible / Nigeria Is Only Meant For Visiting, Not To Live In- UK Nigeria Lady (video) / Ganduje: BBC Pidgin Makes Jest Of EFCC, Nigeria's Anti Corruption Agency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: UK: Nigeria’s Anti-corruption Fights Frustrated By EFCC, Others by lexy2014: 8:14pm On Mar 07, 2019
theoldpretender:

I'm not defending Buhari.

The money he mentioned that GEJ paid does not include the debt that he left for Buhari, a debt which he was trying to avoid by raising fuel prices to 140 naira in 2012.

Nigerians forced GEJ to reduce to 97 then to N87. But because the cost of importing fuel jumped from 99 naira in 2012 to 121 in 2014, while oil dropped it became unsustainable.

By the time Buhari came around, landing cost was 132.We were selling fuel at N87. Oil was a5 30 per barrel. Buhari saw sense and remov3d subsidy by raising prices to 145. Subsidyy was gone till landing cost rose again to N150 and above... which is when Buhari brought subsidy again under the guise of under recovery.

At the same time, the naira value is falling due to falling dollar revenues from falling oil prices, which is why fuel is higher, so to speak.

And why cost of subsidy has gone up under Bubu, because the value of naira has gone down, meaning we need more naira than what we needed in 2013 for subsidy. Then there is an increase in vehicles, generators, etc...meaning we need more fuel, meaning more subsidy.

Ultimately my point is subsidy has to go. And it should have gone since 2012.

Not everything is PDP and APC. Both parties support subsidies . So do most Nigerians. It's hurting our economy

I feel u bros. I feel u
Re: UK: Nigeria’s Anti-corruption Fights Frustrated By EFCC, Others by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 07, 2019
theoldpretender:

I'm not defending Buhari.

The money he mentioned that GEJ paid does not include the debt that he left for Buhari, a debt which he was trying to avoid by raising fuel prices to 140 naira in 2012.

Nigerians forced GEJ to reduce to 97 then to N87. But because the cost of importing fuel jumped from 99 naira in 2012 to 121 in 2014, while oil dropped it became unsustainable.

By the time Buhari came around, landing cost was 132.We were selling fuel at N87. Oil was a5 30 per barrel. Buhari saw sense and remov3d subsidy by raising prices to 145. Subsidyy was gone till landing cost rose again to N150 and above... which is when Buhari brought subsidy again under the guise of under recovery.

At the same time, the naira value is falling due to falling dollar revenues from falling oil prices, which is why fuel is higher, so to speak.

And why cost of subsidy has gone up under Bubu, because the value of naira has gone down, meaning we need more naira than what we needed in 2013 for subsidy. Then there is an increase in vehicles, generators, etc...meaning we need more fuel, meaning more subsidy.

Ultimately my point is subsidy has to go. And it should have gone since 2012.

Not everything is PDP and APC. Both parties support subsidies . So do most Nigerians. It's hurting our economy
Crude oil economics 101
So on point.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos EndSARS Panel Report: Sanwo Olu Deserves Commendation – Youth Alliance / Peter Obi May Win In Anambra, Says Soludo (Video) / US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.