Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,901 members, 7,933,323 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 01:55 AM

The Perils Of Pleasing Men - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Perils Of Pleasing Men (220 Views)

The Miracle Of Pleasing God / A Pleasing Sacrifice / The Perils Of Old Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Perils Of Pleasing Men by jonatoye(m): 11:34am On Mar 06, 2019
~~~Daily Spiritual Digest~~~

Focus: The Perils of pleasing men

WORD FOR TODAY
No matter how hard a man tries to please other men he cannot please them. There is no man who live trying to please men that can please God!!!
Scriptural Reference
"Then Saul said to Samuel, "I have sinned, for I have transgressed the commandment of the LORD and your words, because I feared the people and obeyed their voice."
(1Samuel 15:24 NKJV)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The problem King Saul had when he was reigning in the land of Israel took its root from pleasing the men at the expense of God's will for him. He feared men than God who brought them to him. When the consequence of his action came those men were not there for him.

There is no way you can attempt to please men that you will not sin against God. In the actual sense there is no way you can please men because the heart of men is evil. As you proceed in destiny be mindful of the fact that you will face more of the consequence of your actions. Don't allow men to push you to sin against God.

The lives of men is transcient. There is a limit to what men can do for you. Every man is expected to pay the price of his mandate and relate with God as an individual. As much as you can, do good to men and care for them but not at the detriment of your relationship with your Creator. If you do, the Lord will reject you and every service you render in His name will be an abomination.

Prayer Point
Lord! I receive grace to please and honour you all the days of my life in Jesus name. Amen!!!

Main Emphasis
Pleasing men at the expense of God in every facet of life comes with a painful price!!!

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!!!

(1) (Reply)

See The “benefit Of Singleness And Commitment In Marriage” As A Believer / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens :wednesday, March 27, 2019 / What Is The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When Someone Is Playing With A Dog?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.