Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,134 members, 7,883,945 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 07:28 PM

Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) (30025 Views)

Commuters Stranded As Flood Takes Over Obafemi Awolowo Way In Ikeja, Lagos / Flood Takes Over Okota Area In Lagos (photos) / Flood Takes Over Oshodi-apapa Expressway (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by Davash222(m): 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
majamajic:

iju/ishaga is not island
If mainland is flooded like this, only God knows the faith of those living in island this rainy season.

2 Likes

Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by delvinmaya(m): 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
Davash222:
One of the disadvantages of staying in Lagos island.

iju ishaga is nowhere near Lagos island
Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by Fadire97(m): 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
Davash222:

Iju ishaga is in the mainland
Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by Fitmanlinus: 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
grin This Lagos wahala self grin

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by poshbrave(m): 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
Always eko ni ba je oooo

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2019
Lagos is trying bt needs a lot of work
Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by hustla(m): 3:20pm On Mar 06, 2019
Expensive slum smh

6 Likes

Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by bestpunterever: 3:20pm On Mar 06, 2019
Lagos is shit.

5 Likes

Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 06, 2019
Dirty Eko

5 Likes

Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by aljharem(m): 3:23pm On Mar 06, 2019
Ambode
Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by ChiefSupplier55(m): 3:23pm On Mar 06, 2019
No be small thing

Plz check my signature, contact me for more information
Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by Lilimax(f): 3:24pm On Mar 06, 2019
Davash222:
But Iju Ishaga is on the Mainland nah...
Na God go save Lekki people today if it happens to rain there...

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by asawanathegreat(m): 3:24pm On Mar 06, 2019
San_nwOlu is taking over soon.
Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by ajalawole(m): 3:24pm On Mar 06, 2019
Davash222:
another one is traffic
Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by toolate2fail(m): 3:25pm On Mar 06, 2019
baba this is naija all men for him self.
Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by Timisamd(m): 3:26pm On Mar 06, 2019
Lilimax:
But Iju Ishaga is on the Mainland nah...
Na God go save Lekki people today if it happens to rain there...
angry
Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by Uglymind: 3:31pm On Mar 06, 2019
There are no good drainage systems in Nigeria
I wonder what the minister of environment is doing to curb this problem ..
It is either the drainage pathways has been blocked by dirts/debris or there is an improper channeling

There should be routine checking of drainage systems the government should employ people who will clean drainage systems twice or thrice in a month since we are still living in the stone age And we should also try to clean our gutters
All this helps in avoiding such problems like this

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by nery4u(m): 3:32pm On Mar 06, 2019
Fadire97:

Iju ishaga is in the mainland

Not far from Fagba I guess?
Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by AfonjaConehead: 3:33pm On Mar 06, 2019
Eko O no baje O..

grin
Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by harley88(m): 3:36pm On Mar 06, 2019
Davash222:

That's how youd be saying wrong something......Is Iju on the island
Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by IprintMONEY: 3:43pm On Mar 06, 2019
freemanbubble:

Bros seriously Lagos is overrated and a shitttt hole

The whole of Lagos have always been a shiiit hole. Whether main land or island

Went there as a Bini boy last year. In fact it was the day that tanker explosion happened
And i must tell you Lagos is overrated. Too dirty and noisy.

When i entered Abuja same last year November because i wanted an instant passport because there was no booklet in Edo state that was when i knew the difference between Abuja and Lagos

It was even more obvious to me that Edo was actually bigger than Lagos. It took like forever to leave Edo land when you are going to Abuja. All those Edo north was like forever. So Lagos is just one small shiiit hole place that is overcrowded.
Abuja was just organised. Every body just dey organised. Big boys
No noise. I come down from motor na one gentle man approach me ask me say if i need a car drop

But in Lagos i was hearing rubbish like owo da. The conductors and drivers were speaking Yoruba non stop. No body even approach me for car drop. I was looking for where to hide my head and make call because the whole area was noisy

Abuja is too good to be compared with that shiiit hole called lagos
so on point. Where you able to do the passport? How instant was it and how much cos I am interested
Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by freemanbubble: 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2019
IprintMONEY:
so on point. Where you able to do the passport? How instant was it and how much cos I am interested

Even the guy when i meet for immigration office even delay the thing small self. The guy took forty thousand from me for a 32 page o
It was just say two days. I met the guy on Monday morning and he finished everything on Tuesday evening.
But he wanted to convince me to wait for the ten years passport but i said no

He said that one will cost 70,000 naira
Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by dozymars(m): 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2019
Lagos only generates high revenue as a commercial city, nothing else works there.

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by AmazingELixir: 3:55pm On Mar 06, 2019
undecided

This is just the beginning, a drive along the iju Ishaga road from pen cinema fown to Elliot show how little regard Lagosians have for the environment, they have practically blocked all the drains with refuse.

Water must find it's level and if their houses are on the path of the flowing water forces out of the drain by their uncivilized practices let the water take'em over.

Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by Ojukwudfugitive: 4:03pm On Mar 06, 2019
freemanbubble:

Even the guy when i meet for immigration office even delay the thing small self. The guy took forty thousand from me for a 32 page o
It was just say two days. I met the guy on Monday morning and he finished everything on Tuesday evening.
But he wanted to convince me to wait for the ten years passport but i said no
The guy swindled you wella.I did my 32-page passport in Akure, Ondo State in January this year and it only cost me 25k. I collected it a week after. The guy told me that the oficial price is 18.5k if I wanted it officially, but would take about 2 weeks before it could be ready. Many Nigerians are educationally illiterates, including you. You paid 40k for 18.5k passport and you are ignorantly praising your tormentor here.You need to go back to school, guy.

He said that one will cost 70,000 naira
Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 06, 2019
Semvcool:
Locate, Monitor & Control your vehicle 24/7 with your phone, tablet & PC.

Protect your vehicles with the latest, advanced and effective technology and experience peace of mind by knowing the real time location of your vehicle at all time.

Listen to voice conversation going on in your vehicle remotely from your phone in real time and plan your next move irrespective of the distance.

Take 100% control of your car at all time. Stop and Resume your car engine from anywhere you are when neccessary.

FOR CAR TRACKER INSTALLATION IN ABUJA, LAGOS, PORTHERCOURT, OWERRI,ILORIN, KOGI, BENIN CITY, ADO EKITI, OSOGBO, ABA, CALABA, AKWA IBOM. PLS CALL THE PHONE NUMBER BELOW. PRICE IS #35.000..INSTALLATION TAKES LESS THAN 30 MINUTES.
can you really stop and start your engine remotely?....how can you reach me
Re: Flood Takes Over The Street Of Lagos (Photos) by OnyeFely: 4:09pm On Mar 06, 2019
This Lagos is as filthy as has never seen before. Blocked drainages, just this morning, a bag of poo was dropped oon the road, bag full oof poo, like a family poo. Lagos iis dirty

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel / Inside An Illegal Immigration Mass Trial In Texas(Photos) / Peter Waxtan: Pilot Of Dana Airlines' Unlucky Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.